PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV Australian Open coverage

fantom
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Has anybody else been blown away by this? There's an Australian Open mix channel that shows six different camera feeds. You can select the court to watch and go directly to that match....in HD! I wasn't forced to watch Serena play. I had the choice of two early round men's matches (Gasquet and Guccione, I think).

ezekiel114
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
i switched over to directTV from comcast before the nfl season...i have to say i am impressed.
also, i like the menu where it shows the order of matches for each channel...very nice.

my kudos to directTV

jmverdugo
01-20-2009, 10:44 AM
This feature is for all the GS. I changed to Direct TV basically because of it, you will get to see a lot of double action too. Sadly , aparently because of the hours, for the AO they are not doing it, at least down here.

fantom
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM
This feature is for all the GS. I changed to Direct TV basically because of it, you will get to see a lot of double action too. Sadly , aparently because of the hours, for the AO they are not doing it, at least down here.

Man, that sucks. I guess I'm luck here in Ohio. I had the choice between at least 4 matches for the past two days.

mikeler
01-20-2009, 12:09 PM
You can even look at the draws on DirecTV. I was so happy that I was not forced to watch women's tennis last night. The Gasquet match was unusual but very entertaining. His opponent looked like some bum off the street but he could play.

Shahar26
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I have been a Time Warner Cable user for 7+ years because I couldn't put a satellite where I lived.

Since I finally switched to DirecTV (9 months ago), I have been very happy with their variety and coverage of sports.

I just love the AO coverage too (who wouldn't), they have another feed like the espn2 one, without the commercials and the sometimes annoying commentating.

Priceless!

P.S
I was just thinking about to starting a similar post myself (can you tell ;)

fantom
01-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Last night I was flip-flopping b/w Federer and Nalbandian. Just awesome.

I ditched Time Warner about 3 months ago and do nothing but wonder why it took me so long to do so.

mikeler
01-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I used to have Brighthouse which was Time Warner. Everything is better on DirecTV including the DVR, number of HD channels, sports coverage etc. The only drawback is sometimes during the heavy thunderstorms in the summer it will go out for a few minutes. Then again, Brighthouse just had a TV outage that lasted over a day here. Bottom line is that if you are on this forum, you should have DirecTV.

Shahar26
01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
My dream is to be able to have the same coverage for the english premier league.
Watching 6 games in HD, that would be so sweet....
I will take even 1 game in HD though.

gully
01-21-2009, 02:58 PM
It WOULD be nice if all courts were in HD, rather than the horrid widescreen upconvert, but the option to choose from five courts and see some different talent (eg Cilic, Tomic, etc.) than the usual suspects is awesome.

Shahar26
01-22-2009, 11:39 AM
It WOULD be nice if all courts were in HD, rather than the horrid widescreen upconvert, but the option to choose from five courts and see some different talent (eg Cilic, Tomic, etc.) than the usual suspects is awesome.

The multi screen channel is in full HD (or at least looks that way).

I think calling the other channles horrid is a bit harsh, they could have been worse....

I wonder how much more it costs to show the full HD broadcast.