PDA

View Full Version : Wise 2086 experience

rondallrp
01-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I got my Wise 2086 electronic Tension head a week ago. I've only strung one racquet but wanted to give a quick review of my experience.

I bought the wise 2086 from tenis warehouse because it came with the foot pedal and TW has good shipping rates. When I received the machine the foot pedal was not included in the box. They also failed to inculde my receipt and return shipping label that is usually in the box....it looked like the box was never opened once they got it from the Wise ********** guys that make the machine.

TW told me I would need to send the whole unit back to get one with my foot pedal in it. They also offered me some store credit to make up for my inconvenience. So while TW was more than willing to make it right, I did not really want to pack up my machine and send it back and wait another week or so to get another one back to me....with a foot pedal.

I called the folks at ********** to see if they would sale me a foot pedal. I figured that with the store credit TW was going to give me I would only be out a couple of dollars and would not have to send my wise 2086 back in. When I explained what hapened to the guy at ********** he stopped me and said...no need for all that, they would send me out a foot pedal and include the new Diablo adaptor that goes on the tension head also....all for free. I could hardly speak...I had to ask him twice to make sure I was hearing it right....no hassle, no agruments, just good old fashion customer service. The only explanation I can come up with is that they are more concerned with the reputation of their product and services than the few dollars they would have gotten from me.

Thank you TW for being on the edge and offering products like this and the Avery racquets....products that you can't get just anywhere. Thank you ********** (Herb Wise) for making a great product. I have only strung one racquet but it would already be hard to go back to a crank.

Rondallrp

Max Winther
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Wow, such great customer service is rare these days. Whenever I feel the need to upgrade to an electric, I will give the wise a hard look. I haven't heard anything bad about both the machine and Herb. He's doing it right, building a fanbase through solid equipment coupled with a great understanding for customer satisfaction. What machine is it mounted too?

rondallrp
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Eagnas Flex 920.....Eagnas doesn't have the best rep but I have had this one for about five years with minimum problems. Mostly I do my own racquets so I am not doing a large number of racquets. It's probably not money wise to have upgraded to the Wise 2086......Been wanting it for a while and decided to treat myself.

Rondallrp

jim e
01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Eagnas Flex 920.....Eagnas doesn't have the best rep but I have had this one for about five years with minimum problems. Mostly I do my own racquets so I am not doing a large number of racquets. It's probably not money wise to have upgraded to the Wise 2086......Been wanting it for a while and decided to treat myself.

Rondallrp
It does not need to be money wise to make any purchase. I am sure that you will enjoy stringing much more with that addition, and it is hard to put a price on that! Congradulations on your purchase, and hope you do enjoy it!

locotone07
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I had my 2086 since the end of July and absolutely luv it, but mine did not come with the diablo. Is it all metal construction or is it partially plastic? Better yet got any pics (of the diablo)? Thanks - Loco

theace21
01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I bought my Wise in March 05, great machine and I am very happy with it...After I had it a couple of weeks, Herb Wise personally called my and asked how the unit was and if I had any questions!!! I was so impressed that he took the time to call me.

locotone07
01-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I bought my Wise in March 05, great machine and I am very happy with it...After I had it a couple of weeks, Herb Wise personally called my and asked how the unit was and if I had any questions!!! I was so impressed that he took the time to call me.

You've had yours for a lot longer than I've had mine...have you had any problems with it? Have you calibrated it since new, if so how many times has it been out of calibration (if ever)?

meowmix
01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow, I'm very glad to hear that almost all of these major companies have such great customer service. It's a shame that some companies never learn that customer service after the sale is extremely important....

BigGriff
01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I had my 2086 since the end of July and absolutely luv it, but mine did not come with the diablo. Is it all metal construction or is it partially plastic? Better yet got any pics (of the diablo)? Thanks - Loco

I would like to see pics of the diablo also. Can I order it from their website?

Hankenstein
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM

This is how the Diablo looks. This is from the english retailers page. If the link donīt work, i can take a pic of my diablo and put it on photobucket and put in here

http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/A099.gif

Ronny
01-27-2009, 11:11 PM
wat do u guys think is better? getting a crank and then upgrade to a wise later on or just save up now and get an electronic when i have the money? they both come to about the same costs and have the same mounting, clamping features. have constant pull...hmmm

Hankenstein
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
wat do u guys think is better? getting a crank and then upgrade to a wise later on or just save up now and get an electronic when i have the money? they both come to about the same costs and have the same mounting, clamping features. have constant pull...hmmm

Get a crank and update to a Wise when u have the dough!! I mean , i like the Wise tension head as much as Babolat Star 3 machine and function for example. The wise 2608 is a beauty and when stringing with this machine itīs so smooth and all compared to a cheaper electric with a rotational string gripper and no constant pull function

Ronny
01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
the electric im considering has constant pull and have good mounting and clamps and etc...thas my dilemma lol

locotone07
01-28-2009, 03:40 AM
the electric im considering has constant pull and have good mounting and clamps and etc...thas my dilemma lol

Exactly which machine are you considering (be specific)?

hollywood9826
01-28-2009, 03:56 AM
where did you buy the diablo. get you get from herbs site tennis head dot com? I would like website if have it so I may order one for my machine as well.

Thanks

locotone07
02-11-2009, 05:52 PM
where did you buy the diablo. get you get from herbs site tennis head dot com? I would like website if have it so I may order one for my machine as well.

Thanks

Try giving Herb a call at (888) 836 7466, he's really helpful.

locotone07
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Recently got mine and the support arm appears to be milled aluminum while the 'bobbin' is polymer/plastic.