PDA

View Full Version : No Djoker threads.

War, Safin!
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Ant love for Djokovic?
I see a few Murray threads, the usual Federer and Nadal threads, the odd smattering of Roddick and Safin.....

...but hardly anything on Djokovic.

What's your opinion?

seffina
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I hope he gets into a groove and starts playing great tennis again. I think it's good in a way since it keeps the pressure off of him.

ThugNasty
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Ant love for Djokovic?
I see a few Murray threads, the usual Federer and Nadal threads, the odd smattering of Roddick and Safin.....

...but hardly anything on Djokovic.

What's your opinion?
I pretty much hope he loses soon at the open and is gradually wiped of the face of pro tennis. :D

War, Safin!
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I pretty much hope he loses soon at the open and is gradually wiped of the face of pro tennis. :DLOL.
It';s funny. I just cannot warm to him at all....I like Murray better than Djoker, and that's saying something.
There's something about Djoker, his parents and his 'way' about him that I just don't like.... :confused:

ThugNasty
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
LOL.
It';s funny. I just cannot warm to him at all....I like Murray better than Djoker, and that's saying something.
There's something about Djoker, his parents and his 'way' about him that I just don't like.... :confused:
man thats exactly how i feel about him. He used to act so tough when he won the aussie open by claiming he was going to surpass both federer and nadal and BOOM! his world came crashing down and he got shut out by federer, nadal, and murray in the second half of the season.

seffina
01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, the YEC was just because he was lucky.

cknobman
01-20-2009, 12:29 PM
LOL.

I second your opinion.

Plus when I watch Djokovic I keep having "Saved By the Bell" flashbacks and Id rather keep those out of my mind.

vmosrafa08
01-20-2009, 12:45 PM
I pretty much hope he loses soon at the open and is gradually wiped of the face of pro tennis. :D

Wow the word nasty in your user name really does sum up your personality.

In D Zone
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Not a particularly a Djoker fan....
After watching AO round 1 - Djoker is getting more and more comfortable with his new Head frame.

I like the end part where Djoker and Stoppini concluded the match with t-shirt exchange. I think it was a great gesture of sportmanship.

ThugNasty
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
No need to judge me based on my username/Xbox 360 name just because i dont like djokovic and you happen to be fanboy. You need to be more tolerant of other people's opinions alright. There are plenty of people who bash tennis players on this forum and you dont need to start with me. :rolleyes:

tacou
01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
err my opinion.. don't like.

gj011
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Another hater thread :rolleyes:

NamRanger
01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Another hater thread :rolleyes:

Your reading comprehension levels are obviously below that of a 4 year old. The thread was asking why Djokovic is not getting any attention, considering he is the world #3 and the defending Australian Open champion.

TheMusicLover
01-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Your reading comprehension levels are obviously below that of a 4 year old. The thread was asking why Djokovic is not getting any attention, considering he is the world #3 and the defending Australian Open champion.

Yep, but I do think gj011 has a point about this possibly turning into a hater thread again... :-?

As for the question, the Major Hype Machine is obviously set on Murray and Nadal this year. Novak is sort-of flying under the radar right now, despite winning the TMC. Might be to his advantage eventually.

gj011
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM

You obviously haven't read anything past the first comment.

ESP#1
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
man thats exactly how i feel about him. He used to act so tough when he won the aussie open by claiming he was going to surpass both federer and nadal and BOOM! his world came crashing down and he got shut out by federer, nadal, and murray in the second half of the season.

I recall he won the TMC and he was one win away from surpassing Fed last week, I dont understand why people hate on him so much, hes a young player with alot of talent and when he shows emotion on court he doesnt look like a fool as is the case with murray, his interviews are also more entertaining than those of rafa and roger, that being said i have him losing to Nalby in the quarters

NamRanger
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I recall he won the TMC and he was one win away from surpassing Fed last week, I dont understand why people hate on him so much, hes a young player with alot of talent and when he shows emotion on court he doesnt look like a fool as is the case with murray, his interviews are also more entertaining than those of rafa and roger, that being said i have him losing to Nalby in the quarters

I hope he gets into a groove and starts playing great tennis again. I think it's good in a way since it keeps the pressure off of him.

Not a particularly a Djoker fan....
After watching AO round 1 - Djoker is getting more and more comfortable with his new Head frame.

I like the end part where Djoker and Stoppini concluded the match with t-shirt exchange. I think it was a great gesture of sportmanship.

Because these are all classic responses in a hater thread. Only one person so far has been anywhere near "haterish" and that's his own opinion. War Safin!'s intention was not to turn this into a hater thread, but since you brought the subject up, I guess you seem to want that to happen. We can talk about how Djokovic is a mental midget and is struggling even though his "new" racquet is just a new PJ over the custom LM Radical frame that he has used forever.

rubberduckies
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM

That's very true. I'm sure Nadal, Fed, and Murray are really feeling the pressure of living up to TW posters' expectations.

DarthFed
01-20-2009, 02:30 PM

You forgot Safin:)

NamRanger
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
That's very true. I'm sure Nadal, Fed, and Murray are really feeling the pressure of living up to TW posters' expectations.

Didn't you realize? Federer is Drakulie's Champion, and Nadal is Nadal_Freak's one and only true God. I forgot who is Murray's fans are (not many on here), but I'm pretty sure Djokovic is gj011's symbol of hope (as well as Jelena and Ana).

TW posters are the powers behind the ATP. Nadal is getting easy draws due to the collaboration of Nadal_Freak, TheTruth, and other Nadal fans, while Federer has secretly adjusted to a 95 sq. inch head per request of Drakulie, DavidL, and many other Federer fans.

War, Safin!
01-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Another hater thread :rolleyes:It may have some hatred contained within it, but that wasn't the intention.
Personally, I don't hate him - how can I - I've never met him for a start, but I find it hard to warm to him in any way, personality, playing-style, tactics, etc.

I've just proved how I'm not alone in thinking this.

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
01-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Threads will pop up for him when he meets Federer ...
(personally I cannot see him defend his title in AO this year )

seffina
01-21-2009, 07:04 AM
That's very true. I'm sure Nadal, Fed, and Murray are really feeling the pressure of living up to TW posters' expectations.I didn't mean the pressure from us posters, but rather from the media in general. He's the fourth favorite to win the AO by the odd makers and not many commentators are choosing him to win the trophy. It's mainly Fed or Murray maybe with an occasional Nadal thrown in.

I know how insignificant we're in the grand scheme of things.

War, Safin!
01-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Djokovic: "I mean, all respect to Andy Murray, I like him as a person and as a player. He's done a lot in the last couple months, and he's a very talented player and we can expect him to win some Grand Slams in the future. But you cannot put him as the favourite next to Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and myself here at the Australian Open."

:)

veroniquem
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Djokovic: "I mean, all respect to Andy Murray, I like him as a person and as a player. He's done a lot in the last couple months, and he's a very talented player and we can expect him to win some Grand Slams in the future. But you cannot put him as the favourite next to Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and myself here at the Australian Open."

Djoko said that? Lol (he must have heard Federer's interview, you think Fed is gonna sue him for plagiarism?)

War, Safin!
01-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Another hater thread :rolleyes:You really need to get off Quitovic's nutsack and open your eyes, sonny.

Even 'The G.O.A.T' is with us on this one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7853693.stm

marcl65
01-27-2009, 08:52 AM
You really need to get off Quitovic's nutsack and open your eyes, sonny.

Go easy on him WS, he takes his job at the SDF (Serbian Defense Force) seriously.

War, Safin!
01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Go easy on him WS, he takes his job at the SDF (Serbian Defense Force) seriously.It just shows that folks from that part of the world don't have much of a spine.

Or any bollocks.

oranges
01-27-2009, 11:02 AM
It just shows that folks from that part of the world don't have much of a spine.

Or any bollocks.

Good that you don't like making such sweeping dumb generalizations. You had for instance Tipsy in mind. Less known match, but I've become fond of Troicki on account of a great match against Moya at similar temperatures in Umag.

zagor
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
It just shows that folks from that part of the world don't have much of a spine.

Or any bollocks.

You're being ridiculous here,you're making this political and insulting a whole nation.Did you forget that match Tipsarevic played against Fed at AO last year? Or the comeback he made against Gonzo at Wimbledon a few years back? Don't generalize.

Satch
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
You're being ridiculous here,you're making this political and insulting a whole nation.Did you forget that match Tipsarevic played against Fed at AO last year? Or the comeback he made against Gonzo at Wimbledon a few years back? Don't generalize.

why do you care what some gay-kid has to say about anyone, he doesn't even know from what part of the world Djoker is...

War, Safin!
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Is that the guy with the ridiculous shades and annoying-grunt-per-stroke? :confused:

oneguy21
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
I want him to leave tennis forever. He's not that interesting to watch and can be arrogant when things go his way.

Btw, that match against Roddick is probably the only time I feel for him, but other than that, I don't like him in general.

oranges
01-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Is that the guy with the ridiculous shades and annoying-grunt-per-stroke? :confused:

Very relevant, you appear smarter and smarter by the minute. If you plan to continue with this, could I kindly ask to remove Safin from you nick, it's an embarrassment to a great guy?

Satch
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I want him to leave tennis forever. He's not that interesting to watch and can be arrogant when things go his way.

Btw, that match against Roddick is probably the only time I feel for him, but other than that, I don't like him in general.

haha, you can only do that, watch him and be jealous... very jealous, because you will never be as rich and as good and talented player as he is now not to mention that he has only 21, and that he is famous already, oh yeah he can have any girl he wants.

so go away from this thread.

BTW do you find yourself more interesting than Novak?

marcl65
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM

While there are a things-a-plenty to dislike about Djokovic, I happen to like Tipsy. Good player, doesn't celebrate excessively, honest, etc, etc...all in all, hard not to like the guy.

And what are you talking about grunting? Half the players on tour sound like they're trying to pass a brick when they play. :???:

rafaelnadalfan1234
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM

same
tencha

SempreSami
01-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Or any bollocks.

Generalisations are fun!

Twat.