PDA

View Full Version : Adult League tennis in Winston-Salem, NC?

ringer
01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm a good 3.0 female player who just moved to Winston-Salem from Memphis, TN. I'm having a hard time finding tennis programs in my area. I'm having a hard time finding indoor courts in this area - apparently there are no public indoor courts here?? I'm looking for a 3.0 or even 3.5 team for the spring, mixed for the summer, and combo for the fall. Any suggestions of where to go to find a team or find some decent pro's clinics would be greatly appreciated.

Crusher10s
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Try calling this number and asking for one of these USPTA certified teaching pros:

Adam Thomson
John Martin
Mariana Hollman

(336) 768-0017

Good Luck!

Tarboro
01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm a good 3.0 female player who just moved to Winston-Salem from Memphis, TN. I'm having a hard time finding tennis programs in my area. I'm having a hard time finding indoor courts in this area - apparently there are no public indoor courts here?? I'm looking for a 3.0 or even 3.5 team for the spring, mixed for the summer, and combo for the fall. Any suggestions of where to go to find a team or find some decent pro's clinics would be greatly appreciated.

There are no public indoor courts but you can join at the Wake Forest University indoor tennis center next to Groves Stadium. When I moved away from Winston-Salem it was relatively inexpensive to join. IIRC court time is around $15-20/hr for members.

netman
01-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Played there many years ago out of the Hanes Park tennis facility. It is one of the better public facilities you will find. I use to live across the street and could walk to it. Besides league play you could always find folks to play against.