PDA

View Full Version : spalding tracy austin woody

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
01-20-2009, 03:28 PM
is this rare or any good? i have had it lying around in my room.

Capt. Willie
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Can't be too rare, TW has them for sale in the Vintage Bosworth section.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
01-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Can't be too rare, TW has them for sale in the Vintage Bosworth section.

the one i have is different though

netman
01-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Might fetch somewhere between $2-$10 on the auction site depending on condition. Really depends on if there is someone out there looking for that specific racquet. Then the price can go higher, especially if there are 2-3 someones looking.

Once you get outside the really ancient frames, the Borg Pros, mint Kramers and MaxPly Forts, the Head Vilas and a select other few, wood racquets really only have sentimental value. So you need someone looking to re-capture something from their tennis past by buying a specific frame. Plus the professional auction sellers are now flooding the site with woodies, even though they have no feel for worth.

Can't hurt to put it up and see what happens.

plasma
01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
He's talking about the original tracy austin woodie though. it has brown graphics with baby blue print and some cool classic graphics on the throat.... One of the greatest and most famous wooden racquets ever made. Pls post pics.

netman
01-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Yep. I've got one in 9/10 condition I bought for a $1 at a yard sale. Still, if it is the rarer one, might fetch a decent price in an auction. Only one way to find out.....

Virginia
01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
I have an almost mint specimen of this racquet - I'll post some pics shortly. It really is a beautiful racquet, as is the Wilson Chris Evert Signature I have.

Kirko
02-20-2009, 01:56 AM
I have an almost mint specimen of this racquet - I'll post some pics shortly. It really is a beautiful racquet, as is the Wilson Chris Evert Signature I have.

tracy signed a huge contract for that frame // it plays like a kramer auto.