PDA

View Full Version : UK viewers...BBC showing live day coverage

Gugafan
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
BBC Interactive viewers will be able to see Djokovic and then Federer Live during the day session on Rod laver!!

Any Brits staying up to watch??...I'm getting the coffee ready.

miyagi
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
BBC Interactive viewers will be able to see Djokovic and then Federer Live during the day session on Rod laver!!

Yep staying up....you live in the same city as me lol what a small world it is!

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
They actually showed the Murray match live on TV. Not just interactive, no no, but on BBC2. Then Pavel retires, pffft.

I'd stay up to watch Djoko and Fed but i can't. I'm sure they'll repeat on BBCi.
Are they showing Ivanovic right now?

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Yep staying up....you live in the same city as me lol what a small world it is!
I'm a brummie too. :)
Though i moved due to work.

miyagi
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm a brummie too. :)
Though i moved due to work.

LOL....it must be brummies thing to like tennis then.....

My wife is from Swansea :D (notice it in your avatar)

We are all connected on here....

Gugafan
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
LOL brummys reuniting on TW. Who would have thought it?!

Are any of you members of a tennis club in bham??.

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
LOL....it must be brummies thing to like tennis then.....

My wife is from Swansea :D (notice it in your avatar)

We are all connected on here....
Well we do host a decent grass court tournament. ;)

Ahhhh Swansea, lovely place. Not as happening as Brum but good nonetheless.

fps

what time are these guys on? i'm up late anyway eating a whole bunch of chicken and pasta with a lloyd grossman sauce out of a big pot. two weeks a year the aussie open ruins my student sleep patterns... i'll say one thing for it though, it gets me up bright and early at 8-30 :)

TheMusicLover
Staying up, oh yes. Going to watch it on Eurosport and switching to livestreams whenever they switch courts!

Coffee ready, indeed. It will be a long night!

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Haha i didn't think i'd find anyone from Birmingham on here. I'm pleasantly suprised.

I use to go to Moseley tennis club and Billesley indoor (when i lived there). You?

miyagi
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Well we do host a decent grass court tournament. ;)

Ahhhh Swansea, lovely place. Not as happening as Brum but good nonetheless.

Yep in Edgbaston never been though....

I dont like Swansea much but if I say that out loud it gets me into trouble :confused: I much prefer Brum.....far more classy.....:)

miyagi
01-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Me no! LOL I have two left hands and none of them like Rafa's/

Gugafan
01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
what time are these guys on? i'm up late anyway eating a whole bunch of chicken and pasta with a lloyd grossman sauce out of a big pot. two weeks a year the aussie open ruins my student sleep patterns... i'll say one thing for it though, it gets me up bright and early at 8-30 :)

Waiting for the Ivanovic match to finish. She just took the 1st set. Hopefully another 30 mins, but your never know with Anna these days. She could just capitulate after winning the 1st set and drag it into a third against a player she should beat.

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
It's says Chardy/Djokovic should begin at about 1:30
Roger and Kournikova's cousin (can't remember his name, sorry) are on afterwards.

Hey don't you have any morning lectures to get to?? That was the main reason why i couldn't enjoy AO!

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Yep in Edgbaston never been though....

I dont like Swansea much but if I say that out loud it gets me into trouble :confused: I much prefer Brum.....far more classy.....:)
:o You should! I went last year, really enjoyed it even though most of the big names dropped out.

Yeah Brum is still very close to my heart. And i guess your missus feels the same way about Swansea.
What didn't you like about it?

fps
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
ah excellent, ivanovic is so hot and cold, maybe i'll have to check out safin somewhere instead. i couldn't have picked a better timetable actually, all afternoon starts for my final year. last year was a different story but you've gotta make sacrifices if you're a tennis fan!

Gugafan
01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Haha i didn't think i'd find anyone from Birmingham on here. I'm pleasantly suprised.

I use to go to Moseley tennis club and Billesley indoor (when i lived there). You?

I'm always hitting at Billesly, though the courts are ridiculously expensive after 5...I recently had a doubles match against Moseley, one of the members was telling me they are resurfacing all their courts to Artifical Clay!!.

I play at Marsden green tennis club. I want to join a better club with more members though.

TheMusicLover
01-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Roger and Kournikova's cousin (can't remember his name, sorry) are on afterwards.

Korolev. :)

Gugafan
01-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Hey don't you have any morning lectures to get to?? That was the main reason why i couldn't enjoy AO!

I remember watching one of the day session at the Aus Open once, and then attending a 9 am lecture. I used to sneak into the back row, to make up for lost sleep LOL.

Oui, c'est moi.
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Korolev. :)
That's the bugger! It was the first name that threw me off.

ah excellent, ivanovic is so hot and cold, maybe i'll have to check out safin somewhere instead. i couldn't have picked a better timetable actually, all afternoon starts for my final year. last year was a different story but you've gotta make sacrifices if you're a tennis fan!
I can't discuss latest scores but i can at least say that the Ivanovic match shouldn't take too long by the looks of it.
Smart scheduling i guess. I use to watch tennis til 5am and then sleep in my lectures. Don't ask what happened to my results...

I'm always hitting at Billesly, though the courts are ridiculously expensive after 5...I recently had a doubles match against Moseley, one of the members was telling me they are resurfacing all their courts to Artifical Clay!!.

I play at Marsden green tennis club. I want to join a better club with more members though.
Yeah i posted in a thread about the surface change. I don't know if they've already made the transition but i was suprised we didn't have much of a say on it. :?

I've heard of Marsden Green (some of my friends were born there haha) but not the club. When i'm back for the holidays i'll check it out.
You should take a look at Moseley, the people there are nice and friendly. They use to have the artificial grass, don't know if it's still there and outdoor hard. The fee is reasonable too.

miyagi
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
:o You should! I went last year, really enjoyed it even though most of the big names dropped out.

Yeah Brum is still very close to my heart. And i guess your missus feels the same way about Swansea.
What didn't you like about it?

I guess I should as it is on my door step.....

I just dont like the look of the place....it's freezing cold especially by the mumbles........I prefer Cardiff I worked there for a year so know it well and it's much trendier...obviously my wife was brought up there and loves it dearly....she would have us living there if she had a chance!

Becksx1
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah im staying up to watch it although you can watch live day action on eurosport to :) the only annoying thing about eurosport is they keep changing matches and you never seem to watch a full one grrr

miyagi
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Eurosport tends to show womens matches over mens as well if they are playing simutneously which I find weird.....

Feņa14
01-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Another Brummy here too! :)

I prefer to watch on Eurosport HD but as Miyagi says.. they seem to prefer the womens matches to the mens. Hopefully when Safina finishes they will put Djokovic on but i'm thinking they'll probably go with Jankovic instead.

Djokovic on interactive it is!

DoubleDeuce
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I like Euro commentators. Especially the guy in this vid, do you guys know what his name is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F-Q9_bcaJU

The one that complementing Federer

TheMusicLover
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Eurosport tends to show womens matches over mens as well if they are playing simutneously which I find weird.....

Yes, HORRIBLE. jeebus, when are they finally going to switch to Djoko's match??? :evil:

Feņa14
01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I like Euro commentators. Especially the guy in this vid, do you guys know what his name is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F-Q9_bcaJU

The one that complementing Federer

Frew McMillan! What a legend.

shrakkie
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Yep, I will! C'mon fed!!!

miyagi
01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Another Brummy here too! :)

I prefer to watch on Eurosport HD but as Miyagi says.. they seem to prefer the womens matches to the mens. Hopefully when Safina finishes they will put Djokovic on but i'm thinking they'll probably go with Jankovic instead.

Djokovic on interactive it is!

Wow lol I vote we have our own Brummie section on the forum there are that many of us lol!