PDA

View Full Version : Most Memmorable Matches?

Knightmace
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm quite interested this idea popped up in my head when I was talking to my friend?

Any memmorable matches of yours?

I will post mine later.

hellonewbie
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
My most memorable match was back when I was in high school. We played two matches against each school in our district, and the top team in our district whooped our *** with their first string players in our first meeting, so in the second meeting, they sent out their second string players to meet us.

I played #2 singles, and had no expectation about winning since I was thumped by their real #2 player 6-0, 6-0 weeks before. The guy I faced in the second meeting seemed like a decent player, good serves and solid ground strokes. So I played steady tennis, just trying to keep up with him since he was not putting me away like their #2 guy. While my steady play kept the match close, my opponent inexplicably would be shouting at himself regularly whenever I hit close to the line. It turns out he thought he had missed some close line calls and was frustrated with himself. Little by little, he started breaking down, and before I realized what happened, I won the match 6-4, 6-3.

When I told my coach and teammate that I won, they couldn't believe it. They thought it was close, but no one, myself included, would have expected a victory for us. It was memorable for me because that was about the best win in my high school career.

Of course, sitting on my laurels I slacked off during the summer and suffered senioritis for the next season while the guy I beat in that match toughened up and went all the way to the semifinals of the sectionals. Funny how life turns out sometimes :-)

Ambivalent
01-21-2009, 12:02 AM
My most memorable match was the one where I was losing 3-6 1-4 and the guy had to stop because his shin splints were killing him. I played great that match too.

jasoncho92
01-21-2009, 03:55 AM
When i got raped by a guy who i beat before. I was playing like crap since i was sending every ball flying to the fence, and he just got a lot better as well. Remember thinking, "what the **** am i doing." Got it through my head that if im gonna play, i actually need to play instead of dicking around