PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Warehouse Europe Sneak Peek

TW Staff
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Use the following url to get a sneak peek at Tennis Warehouse Europe: http://sweuro.com/

Please understand the website is not fully completed at this time. The selection is not what it will be and we are still working on adding brands and items etc. Please also note that you may lose connection at times while we update the site with changes.

YOU CANNOT ORDER AT THIS TIME.

It may seem like orders go through, but they don’t. Feel free to check out the add to cart pages, though.

Look and feel:
What do you think about the look and feel of the website? Please give us your overall opinion on what we have so far.

Missing info:
We are aware that there are some broken images and missing descriptions. These will be corrected shortly. Please let us know if you see any other types of missing info or broken links as you navigate through the site

Pricing:
On the website you will see a rough draft of our pricing. Please let us know if you feel the pricing is competitive.

Translations:
Do you feel our translations accurately reflect the tennis terminology in each language?

Thank you all in advance for you feedback and we hope you enjoy the site.

TW Staff.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
It looks so much better than the American layout. Very nice. :)

Mansewerz
01-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow, loving the fresh new layout. Any chance the American one will get a similar look soon?

meowmix
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow, very nice! It's a very nice layout, very clean and sharp. Quite different from the US version, but nice. I have a few questions:
1. why are the prices different for each country? I notice that ordering from the UK is about €10 more than ordering in Austria for the Dunlop 4d 550
2. will the people in the US be able to order racket from TW Europe?

TW Admin
01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Meowmix,

Pricing may vary from country to country for a few reasons. The simplest is different vat rates. Currently that would only show up for France since all other vat rates start off the same as Germany. As we meet sales thresholds in each country, we will need to charge to that country's vat rate which may cause prices to vary up or down...it's a very different tax system than the US. All this said, you shouldn't be seeing different prices for that racquet. Could you posted the price you were shown.

The second is that every country is a unique market with different factors that can affect pricing. Those factors include vendor or distributor politics, competition, and costs. The vat rules are what they are but the pricing structures are still being worked out...no one has really done what we are doing before and much is still to be determined. Our goal is to deliver the best prices and service.

We will be redesigning the US site fairly soon. We took the design of the European site as an opportunity to do a few things...so, yes, there are things you'll see on the US site in somewhat short order. We're not done with this site yet.

Thanks,
Drew

Mansewerz
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Will the Fischer granite racquets be up on the Euro site before US? I've heard they already come out there.

adams_1
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I really like the layout. Very crisp, very clean.

Babolast
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks very clean. Can Nike products get shipped to Australia?

Feña14
01-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Fantasic!

Will do you be doing demo's at all?

Jonnyf
01-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow! great looking site! Looking forward to it ;-)

Fantasic!

I'd like to know aswell TW..will you?

Feña14
01-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Does look good yeah.

How do I find out the prices in £'s though? I've only managed to get it in Euros :confused:

Jonnyf
01-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Does look good yeah.

How do I find out the prices in £'s though? I've only managed to get it in Euros :confused:

I couldn't work it out either :confused: Even with the "drop down menu" with the countries, when I changed it to the UK it didn't show me.

Tombhoneb
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Does look good yeah.

Was thinking the same. I dont think they have it running yet. I think its roughly 1 euro = 93p at the mo.

The pricing (if it stays the same) seems pretty good. The same or a tiny bit better than the other stores, so will definitely take some of their customers.

The look seems awesome, its very easy to find what your looking for.

Good work TW

BobFL
01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
1. why are the prices different for each country? I notice that ordering from the UK is about €10 more than ordering in Austria for the Dunlop 4d 550

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/index_en.htm

Dags
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
I can't decide on the pricing. For instance, if I add a can of balls to the cart, it shows this:

Subtotal: 6,27 €
Vat: 0,00 €
Shipping: 0,00 €

Are all the prices listed ex-VAT?

I also can't get shipping prices: I select the UK, but the Shipping Calculator is broken after that.

Out of interest, where's the store based? I notice the phone number is in the UK: are goods shipped from there too?

Storm_Kyori
01-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Very sharp and clean. I like the logo change, with the stars and that like glossy look.

eagle
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Very nice!

Saw a post from someone unhappy about no vendors in Eur for the KPS88.

I'm sure he'll be happy to learn that he'd be able to order it through TW-Eur.

r,
eagle

Tombhoneb
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Very nice!

Saw a post from someone unhappy about no vendors in Eur for the KPS88.

I'm sure he'll be happy to learn that he'd be able to order it through TW-Eur.

r,
eagle

hi :)

Now, its all a question about whether or not they are going to do demo's. Please TW !!

Hankenstein
01-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Very nice page!

When this TW-europe site is launched, will it still be possible to buy from the US-page for us europeans?

dr_punk
01-22-2009, 05:04 AM
I feel like the left-side menu could be worked with. Add some contrast color possible to add a viewer hotspot. But i'm sure you guys have have done several tests to see what fits with the european consumer, that which i'm clueless with.

akybo
01-22-2009, 05:16 AM
Fantasic!

I quote this,it will be a DEMO program here as well?

robertg06
01-22-2009, 05:33 AM
If there is a demo program, I will definitely use TW for most if not all of my purchases tennis wise :D The new site looks great, far better than any UK site I know of..

robertg06
01-22-2009, 05:40 AM
Just a quick suggestion, an Accessories bar on the left of the page for things like dampeners :D

Edit: found the description for this tournagrip is a bit off haha :)

Tourna Tac Overgrip XL 5,94 €
A player-favorite, Wilson Sensation offers excellent playability and feel using Wilson's proprietary Xycro-micro fibers. One of the best multifilament for the money.

uk_skippy
01-22-2009, 01:34 PM
The site does look good and fresh. Its just a shame that the weak pound against the US dollar and Euro doesn't help us here in the UK. The KPS88 would cost around £193 at the current exchange rate. There's also another German based online shop that is likely to be competitive, especially if TW don't move on their (Euro) prices.

For the Europeans this will be a good choice, but for the UK players I don't think we'll reap the benefit in full.

Regards

Paul

MonicaSelesRulez
01-22-2009, 01:37 PM
its expensive to be honest...

chlsmo
01-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I am American, so I will only comment on the comparing the two sites.

I like the Euro site's overall look with bigger panels and the website centering in my browser. I also like that the logos seem to have more depth in contrast to the USA site's flat logos and square boxes.

Some things I would like to see on the new site would be some more color. The USA site has a blue banner and a blue column on the left of the page which I like (although that is maybe a bit boring too). The Euro site has a very light blue for some of the banner but the whole home page is basically white and kinda feels sterile. The links on the Euro site could possibly benefit from some rollover code so that the user can make sure they are clicking on the appropriate link.

I think both pages could have more subtle tennis themed images to accent some of the text and links, like a racquet watermark under the racquet brands or something to that effect. Although I like the idea of keeping things looking uncluttered.

As far as pricing goes, it may be helpful to be able to select the currency from the home page, like the language options.

Lastly, don't forget to put up a link to the Talk Tennis Warehouse message boards!

Automatix
01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Overall nice site. I would only enhance the left bar just as dr_punk wrote:

I feel like the left-side menu could be worked with. Add some contrast colour possible to add a viewer hotspot.

As for the prices they vary from competitive to expensive.
e.g. racquets such as [K]6.1 Tour and Head MG Prestige Mid are expensive but racquets such as Head Mojo or Radical Pro are competitive.

New shoes such as Vapor 5s are a bit cheaper but older are similar priced.

With current prices I think that TW can get clients mostly because of larger selection of equipment and racquet matching, certainly not the prices.

TW Staff
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
There will not be a demo program for Europe yet.

Chris, TW.

Teamtomo
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Very nice Tw, I will be purchasing from Tw eu in the future.

Tombhoneb
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Is there a estimate on when the website will be fully up and running ?

TW Staff
01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
It is up and running.

www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com

Jason, TW

Craig Sheppard
01-25-2009, 07:34 PM
It is up and running.

Jason, TW

Just FYI, when you click on any of the header links (Order Tracking, Customer Service, Clubs, Mailing List), it is linked back to sweuro.com, not tenniswarehouse-europe.com. Probably just a miss from the "sneak peak"?

BTW, great job, site is way better than the US, hope to see it here soon.

adams_1
01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
The best part is that it is centered. Having everything on the left doesn't look good at all.

Feña14
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I still struggle to find out the price in £'s, is there something really simple im missing? :confused:

Russell Finch
01-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Site looks nice but at those prices you won't sell anything to the UK at all. Even at the old rates of £1 = €1.4 those prices would be so-so at best, but at €1.1 they're way, way over what us perpetually ripped-off UK cutomers normally pay. It would be far cheaper for us to buy from US site and get stuff shipped over.

Also, I would have thought that a Germany-based company shipping to other EU countries shouldn't be charging VAT.

origmarm
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Look and feel is excellent, the new controls are nice and give a soft feel. The graphics in particular are very clean and sharp.

The country dropdown does not allow you to scroll which means that if you want to select UK on a laptop or a smaller screen you have to very carefully scroll the page so you can see the button and the bottom of the dropdown at the same time. Frustrating. I would consider adding a scroll bar to the dropdown. I am using FireFox 3.0.5 as that sometimes affects control behaviour.

The phone number is always a UK number, is this deliberate? As I thought the store was in Germany I thought I would raise this. I assumed it would interact with the country dropdown but apparently not.

No £ pricing.

EUR prices at the moment are not competitive for UK customers in some areas, I noticed though that if you select UK, the prices do not come up yet :). I found pricing by selecting other countries (Ireland, France etc..). If you would like a list of UK websites that are used over here in the UK extensively please email me (as I don't want to post here for obvious reasons). I assume you have such a list but if you would like a "customer generated" version of the ones I and people at my club use I'll sort you one out. This will allow you to compare pricing.

My take on pricing: (all compared to UK internet pricing using your Irish pricing in EUR)

- Racquets: At present I would guess you are 10-15% off the mark for Wilson or Babolat racquets for example (exchange rates Jan 26th 2009) compared to most UK websites when you factor in delivery. You are charging 202EUR for a Tour90, we normally pay around £150 (I've seen £140 sometimes) for that as an example.

- String: String appears very competitive

- Balls: Balls are expensive, again by about 10-20% depending on ball brand.

- Clothing: This appears about right also

- Shoes: Also appears on the money

Free shipping on orders over 75EUR is excellent and a big competitive step. Offering Sat delivery (for a price obviously) would be a huge bonus for many as it's near on impossible to be at home during the week and difficult to arrange for collection/redelivery, at least in the UK.

An good looking site. Will there be a physical location (i.e. a storefront as opposed to a warehouse)?

Cheers, Orig

origmarm
01-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Also, I would have thought that a Germany-based company shipping to other EU countries shouldn't be charging VAT.

When I bring up the cart, there is a line for VAT but it does not seem to get added to the total??

That and if you select UK prices only show up when you add to cart. Strange...

Gorecki
01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
It is up and running.

Jason, TW

sorry jason but my choice will be tw america for now...

i know you guys are starting but selling at those prices when we already sort out to tw america because our local retailer prices are higher than shipping from us... :cry:

Andres
01-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Loving the new design.
Congrats TW! Best of luck! :)

nikosrf
01-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Seems like the site isn't finished yet.

Also, it is difficult to change the country from he drop down menu, Some times works sometimes not. (mac on safari and firefox)

The free shipping is for these countries only !!!!
* Germany
* France
* Belgium
* Czech Republic
* Luxembourg
* Netherlands

10 and 15 euros for the rest is way too much. I can send a raquet in US from Europe for 15 euro and i am a single person.

Prices are ok for some products but for the most it is preferable to order it from the US site.

nikosrf
01-26-2009, 04:36 AM

The final checkout methods have problems. All the right column (Paypal, ?, Post office) link to paypal.

It is way too expensive to order a string (envelop not a reel) that cost 15euro and i have to pay another 15 euro for shipping!!!

origmarm
01-26-2009, 05:37 AM

The final checkout methods have problems. All the right column (Paypal, ?, Post office) link to paypal.

It is way too expensive to order a string (envelop not a reel) that cost 15euro and i have to pay another 15 euro for shipping!!!

I hadn't thought about that. The prices themselves are not bad but 10-15 EURO for shipping means you have to order a lot to make it worthwhile. Might as well order from the US site at that rate

nikosrf
01-26-2009, 05:48 AM
I just ordered a small reel of BBO from TW US and it cost me 37 $ (28,5 euro)including Shipping.
I had to pay 30 euro from TW Europe to get an envelope (not a reel) of the same string

MonicaSelesRulez
01-26-2009, 07:13 AM
with those prices, TW Europe will be a failure... i was hoping for much better service, since TW USA is one of the best online tennis retailers

uk_skippy
01-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I've just done a quick comparison between cost of US and Euro sites.

If I buy 3 sets of Timo from the US and get it sent to UK it will cost less then if I get it from the Euro site. Some £15 cheaper. I know that there'll be no further taxes to pay ordering from the Euro site, but as it'll be a small package from the US its unlikely to get caught by customs.

This situation is down to the bad pound to euro exchange rate at the moment. here in the Uk I don't think we'll really benefit from TW coming to Europe, but it maybe be beneficial for people from mainland Europe.

origmarm
01-26-2009, 07:23 AM
It's unfortunate, I had high hopes, especially for racquets that I think are very overpriced in the UK.

I guess I will stick to my 2-3 times a year order for when I am in the US for now

Gorecki
01-26-2009, 08:43 AM
I've just done a quick comparison between cost of US and Euro sites.

If I buy 3 sets of Timo from the US and get it sent to UK it will cost less then if I get it from the Euro site. Some £15 cheaper. I know that there'll be no further taxes to pay ordering from the Euro site, but as it'll be a small package from the US its unlikely to get caught by customs.

This situation is down to the bad pound to euro exchange rate at the moment. here in the Uk I don't think we'll really benefit from TW coming to Europe, but it maybe be beneficial for people from mainland Europe.

mainland? hardly... unless you get free shipping wich is like always to the central countries leaving the periferal one aside. besides, i stated already i had high hopes. but the way it looks...

but what ****es me the most is i find that hardly Finland is farther from TW headquarters in germany than it is form POrtugal... they get 10 $ shipping and we get 15$ for over 75$ purchase. as a customer with a order in transit and another waiting for suplies i feel like having a rant at tw customer support...

major major disapointment...

Feña14
01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
It's unfortunate, I had high hopes, especially for racquets that I think are very overpriced in the UK.

I guess I will stick to my 2-3 times a year order for when I am in the US for now

It is pretty expensive yeah.

I was looking at the new Tecnifibre 325's and they're £169.30 from TW Europe. They're only £135.99 on the sites we already have, a £33 difference is just too much really.

ac3111
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Without any intention to defend T-W it would be impossible the European site to have the same prices as the US because simply US prices are lower than European's in most of things (electronic market and sporting goods).
What tennis-warehouse could do though is to have competitive prices. Prices should be in the middle of US tennis-warehouse and a usual European store and also provide clever features such as demos etc.

LEt me give you an example. I buy from 5 stores, 3 in the UK and 2 in Germany.
And I am curious to make a comparison of prices on rackets I am interested in buying.

Wilson KBlade Tour
UK1 144.7 + 25 for shipping to my country -> 170
UK2 154 + 30 shipping -> 184
UK3 148 + 11 shipping-> 169
GER1 190+ 10-> 200
GER2 191+22-> 213
T-W Europe 194+15-> 209

Head Prestige MP
UK1 140+ 25 -> 165
UK2 146+ 30 -> 176
UK3 150+ 11 -> 161
GER1 190 + 10->200
GER2 190 + 22-> 212
T-W europe 199 + 15-> 214

In any case I would not characterize T-W europe prices as competitive. It does not look good and the following chart is a bit ridiculous...
Free shipping to the following countries on orders over 75 Euros:
* Austria
* Germany
* France
* Belgium
* Luxembourg
* Monaco
* Netherlands
All these countries have the best wages/salaries in Europe, maybe Denmark and Sweden are in the same category. What's the point offering the most rich people in Europe free shipping? They are going to buy anyway...

I know that the Tennis WArehouse location in Europe is in Germany, so the countries around Germany can get free shipping but Tennis-Warehouse Europe should give free shipping to the rest of European destinations for orders over 150 euros...
I am sorry but with prices like that, future does not look so promising.

TW Staff
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the feedback so far. This is a great help to us and we are looking into all suggestions so that we can offer the best service possible.

Chris, TW.

ac3111
01-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I did not write the names of the stores for obvious and well-known reasons but if you need them in order to verify the truth of my infos, contact me and I will provide them to you.
What I was trying to say is that I already placed an order with TEnnis-WArehouse US and my next order will be again with the US department of Tennis-warehouse although I live in Europe.

But there is a bright side for Tennis-Warehouse Europe and this maybe
the shoes department...

Nike Vapor V White
UK1 88 + 25
UK2 88 + 27
UK3 88 + 11
GER1 84+ 10
GER2 87.5 + 22
T-W Europe 79 + 15

Always liked Black Nike Vapors...and the Vapor VI looks good.
UK1 88 + 25 -> 113
UK2 not available
UK3 88 + 11 (only White colour available in the moment) 98
GER1 106 + 10 (White colour) 116
GER2 106 + 22 (White colour) 128
T-W Europe Not available
That's a shame!

Adidas Barricade V 06/08
UK1 93.5 + 25
UK2 93.5 + 27
UK3 82.5 + 11
GER1 90 + 10
GER2 90 + 22(white only, black was not available)
T-W Europe 81.90 + 15

And if I buy the rackets and shoes I need a bag to put them in...
Wilson KPro Tour Super Six Black/Gold
UK1 49.5 + 25
UK2 55 + 27
UK3 55 + 11
GER1 63 + 10
GER2 64 + 22
T-W Europe 63 + 15

So racket and bagwise Tennis Warehouse Europe seems to be on the same level with german stores which are a bit expensive.
Shoeswise it seems to be on the UK level and better which is good.

KBlade Tour
T-W US 153
T-W Europe 195
+42

Prestige MP
T-W US 154
T-W Europe 199
+45

Nike Vapor 5
T-W US 73
T-W Europe 79
+6

Wilson KProTour 6 Black/Gold bag
T-W US 31
T-W Europe 54
+23

And 2 sets of Babolat VS for my 2 racquets
T-W US 27 x 2= 54
TW Europe 40.5 x 2= 81
+27

Buying from US=465
Buying from Europe=608
An aeroplane ticket from London to New York costs around 300 euros. So if you are planning to buy plenty of stuff like me it's worth taking a trip to the US, buy your stuff and come back...
All prices in Euro.

MarrratSafin
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I also found that TW Europe's apparel and shoes are better deals than other European sites, but racquets and strings are not really working out well.

Automatix
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow! Ac3111 you did a great job comparing the prices. I agree mostly but some tweener racquets for recreational players can end up a bit cheaper or the same price as in Poland but yeah those high end players racquets like [K]Six-One Tour or MG Prestige Mid are more expensive.

Shoes and apparel is cheaper but the shipping costs are a steal... to save some $$$ you need to order more apparel so the shipping costs won't be that high.

origmarm
01-27-2009, 12:36 AM
I also found that TW Europe's apparel and shoes are better deals than other European sites, but racquets and strings are not really working out well.

Yeah this is more or less where I was with it. For the string I thought it was ok but I didn't factor in the shipping (doh!)

nikosrf
01-27-2009, 12:55 AM
In my country you can buy a RQiS 1 Tour for 180 euro strung with very good string and free shipping to my town.

From TW Europe you buy it at 161,96 euro plus the stringing plus the shipping (in my case 15 euro).

So, i can buy this product from my country way cheaper.

The shoes are cheaper from TW Europe if you get them with something else and you can share the shipping cost. Otherwise is the same price

ac3111
01-27-2009, 05:28 AM
I am not sure you can find in Greek stores that kind of variety of shoes...
And for sure you won't find the Nike Vapor V below 100 euros, at least I haven't.

Frankauc
01-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Any chance of a Tennis-Warehouse CANADA sometime?

TW Staff
01-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks again for everyone's continued feedback.

ac311, please email us the other site you reference via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

We've since added free shipping options for UK, Denmark, Finland and Sweden for orders of 75 € and above as well as free shipping for Switzerland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Norway on orders of 100 € and above.

Hopefully this enables us to be more competitive with our prices.

Chris, TW

ac3111
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
I will sure contact you.
If you are that flexible and listen to your customer that well then I think you will be rewarded. You get an early vote of confidence by me.

nikosrf
01-28-2009, 12:45 AM
We've since added free shipping options for UK, Denmark, Finland and Sweden for orders of 75 € and above as well as free shipping for Switzerland, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and Norway on orders of 100 € and above.

Hopefully this enables us to be more competitive with our prices.

That's great!

You should also add an extra shipping option "by post mail" for orders that are small or cheap or light packages (like a set of strings or a t-shirt)

ac3111
01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
That's great!

You should also add an extra shipping option "by post mail" for orders that are small or cheap or light packages (like a set of strings or a t-shirt)

This option exists in the Tennis-Warehouse US, USPS 7 us dollars shipping fees. So there should be something similar for the European Tennis-Warehouse in case you want to buy cheap things that are lightweight.

aphex
01-28-2009, 03:02 AM
major, major disappointment with the prices...on most online shops, the head microgel prestige pro can be found for GBP127 to GBP137. that is about 140 euros and you're selling it for 200 euros???? how can you say "WE GUARANTEE THE LOWEST PRICES" ??????

ac3111
01-28-2009, 04:21 AM
T-W europe is located in Germany if I am not wrong and probably they follow the german prices. Some months ago the ratio between euro and british pound was 1.5. That means that a Prestige pro cost 127x1.5 to 137x1.5= 190 to 205 euros. It's the pound going down that dropped the prices a lot.
And I think T-W chose central Europe to place their store simply because this way they will have better access to all european destinations.
Since they are a US based store to me it would make more sense to establish their european store/branch in the UK but probably it was not to their interest. The problem for them is that if the british pound/euro ratio remains like at present time they won't be able to beat the UK stores, not a chance.

aphex
01-28-2009, 04:32 AM
T-W europe is located in Germany if I am not wrong and probably they follow the german prices. Some months ago the ratio between euro and british pound was 1.5. That means that a Prestige pro cost 127x1.5 to 137x1.5= 190 to 205 euros. It's the pound going down that dropped the prices a lot.
And I think T-W chose central Europe to place their store simply because this way they will have better access to all european destinations.
Since they are a US based store to me it would make more sense to establish their european store/branch in the UK but probably it was not to their interest. The problem for them is that if the british pound/euro ratio remains like at present time they won't be able to beat the UK stores, not a chance.

some months ago is centuries in today's world...some months ago the shareholders of lehman brothers were rich...

ac3111
01-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Well it was not too many months ago...

NickC
01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
I like the layout and design. A bit more user-friendly and inviting, in comparison to the American version.

ericsson
01-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Chris or someone at TW, i see that the Boris Becker 11 light is the US version on the site, does that mean if you order one its the black US version?? cos the European 11 light version is normally the same pj as the 325 here in Europe...

Guga_x
01-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Same here guys. Site looks very clean and functional, but prices are not competitive. I am from Portugal and can get much better prices from the two biggest spanish sites (contact me if link needed). I am talking about 15-25% less on pretty much everything.

Good luck for the site.

Automatix
01-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Will TW europe carry Reeboks, Under Armour, Prokennex etc.? Because the current offer isn't really rich...

crosscourt
01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
You are all way ahead of me. I can't even get the UK into the box to access prices.

cc

Feña14
01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
You are all way ahead of me. I can't even get the UK into the box to access prices.

cc

Apparently all prices are in Euros, they don't show them in £ :confused:

origmarm
01-30-2009, 01:28 AM

cc

Yeah selecting UK from the dropdown can be difficult. I had the same problem earlier. It also depends what screen you are on as to whether it can in fact be selected

TW Staff
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
The tenniswarehouse-europe.com site is still in a test phase and has not yet
been launched to the public on a wide scale. We are accepting orders.

We are still researching and establishing retail pricing but our goal is to
be competitive on a pan-European basis.

We plan to offer our demo program sometime during the second half of 2009.

NandoMania
01-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I feel like the left-side menu could be worked with. Add some contrast color possible to add a viewer hotspot. But i'm sure you guys have have done several tests to see what fits with the european consumer, that which i'm clueless with.

what is a viewer hotspot?

Gorecki
01-31-2009, 03:03 AM
The tenniswarehouse-europe.com site is still in a test phase and has not yet
been launched to the public on a wide scale. We are accepting orders.

We are still researching and establishing retail pricing but our goal is to
be competitive on a pan-European basis.

We plan to offer our demo program sometime during the second half of 2009.

if you need a few peaks in shops in portugal and spain i can give you links...

wont post them here thou... dont want to get another fowl language warning...:evil:

A-Rod6600
01-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Have been a Tw since 2001 and glad to see the new european site.

Why Italy is among poor countries and we need 100 euro instead of 75 to gte the free shipping?

The shoe size is a mess because you put 3 different sizes altogether, could you please put the correct size depending on the country selected, we only need eu size and maybe the us to compare with tw usa, we don't need here in Italy uk sizes!!

Oh, i still prefer tw usa as layout because the new one has a more updated graphics but it is bigger on the screen, the colors are too bright, too white, and there are not as many link products as in the usa homepage. Hope it helps

DavidGarcia
01-31-2009, 06:00 AM
Compared to other shops in the EU prices seem a bit too much to be competitive.

In another note, dissappointed not to see a spanish version of the site.

matchmaker
01-31-2009, 06:13 AM
I am not able to access the site in any other language then English. Is this normal?

Automatix
01-31-2009, 08:16 AM
if you need a few peaks in shops in portugal and spain i can give you links...

Ditto! But for shops in Poland ;)

ericsson
01-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I am not able to access the site in any other language then English. Is this normal?

Here no problem! Try again later.

ericsson
01-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh, i still prefer tw usa as layout because the new one has a more updated graphics but it is bigger on the screen, the colors are too bright, too white, and there are not as many link products as in the usa homepage. Hope it helps

Agree here, i think there is a little too much white in the background.

Automatix
02-01-2009, 02:15 AM

Ditto!......

Steve F.
02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Use the following url to get a sneak peek at Tennis Warehouse Europe: http://sweuro.com/

Look and feel:
What do you think about the look and feel of the website? Please give us your overall opinion on what we have so far.

TW Staff.

Hi guys. Nice things have been said, and questions about products are been posted, but as someone in the EU who would actually buy stuff from the new site, I do have a criticism.

Navigation is more difficult than the current US site.

For instance, say I'd like to look at strings. I click on the strings link and have a set of brand icons to choose from, fine. I click on TF strings. I get a page of TF strings, fine. However, on the list at the left, there are still links to racquets, clothes, shoes, etc. -- instead of links to all string brands for me to navigate through.

I'd have to hit the back button to navigate back to the page of string brands, or scroll down to the bottom of the list and hit strings and navigate from the start.

This is not how the US TW pages navigate, and as someone who is in the EU, the sweuro pages are a step backward IMO and pretty clunky for actual shopping.

Here's the current US TW version : http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/TecnifibreString.html

and the sweuro version :
http://sweuro.com/catpage-STTF.html

Hope you guys can fix this asap, I can tell you your EU online competitors have this figured out. Good luck!

M Dean
02-02-2009, 03:23 AM
Ditto! But for shops in Poland ;)

Hello Automatix,

could you please help me… i need some advice about buying form Poland!
Many thanks in advance! :)

-----

Back to topic:

I can only join to those who are saying that those prices are high, but »somehow« I would overlook that if TW Europe would have products that are not available in Europe!

Regards

robertg06
02-02-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm confused as to how you see the price of a racket when you click on it.

Edit: Figured it out

ac3111
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Variety there is but still... I ordered a 3 pack Wilson H2 Overgrips from a UK store which were not available in TW Europe and a double pack of Nike Double Wide wirstbands obsidian white. The wristabands cost 5.5 euros while TW Europe has them listed at 8.9 euros. The shipping fees from the UK based store were 11 euros and items arrived in 3 business days.
So there is room for improvement.

Automatix
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
could you please help me… i need some advice about buying form Poland! Many thanks in advance! :)

Sure! Shoot me an e-mail. I'll do my best to help as much as possible ;)

tenis
02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
TW, please leave the US layout like it's now, no changes, the EU is too plain and white!!!!!!!!

Luminous
02-04-2009, 04:58 AM

Yeah i agree to!

M Dean
02-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Sure! Shoot me an e-mail. I'll do my best to help as much as possible ;)

hello automatix,

here is my e-mail: unit_d@msn.com
many thanks in advance! :)

best regards,
dejan

Steve F.
02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Just looked through the site once more --

Surprised to see that there are no racquet specs posted for Tecnifibre frames.

PimpMyGame
02-06-2009, 07:48 AM
I see the white background isn't too popular with a lot of people but I for one like it.

However, I don't like the prices. Thought I'd give the site a try for a 10 racket Aerogel bag, but it was £19.54 more expensive than a UK competitor including shipping. Please can you review your pricing structure?

Thanks

ericsson
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes TW it's true, the prices in general are higher compared to other tennis stores in central Europe, i compared prices mainly from the Benelux and Germany, almost in all cases TW price was higher, sometimes 25 euro higher on one racket! (Prince Ozone Tour and a BB 11)
I will do some more research on the bags and apparel as soon as i go back home, i'm in Thailand for the moment.

ps: there are exceptions too like the PB 8 which has a very good price compared to other stores, strange price range IMO