PDA

View Full Version : grommet replacing problems

cujays
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
im trying to replace the grommets on my pure drive but im having some issues

how do i take the the flarred grommets out? they are too wide and i cant get them out
also i taken out the long side grommets but no others. can i leave the those ones that i havent removed in overnight?

i have watched yulittles you tube vids but it didnt answere my questions

thanks you

mark rodgers
01-20-2009, 05:14 PM
On the flared grommets, you need to heat them up enough to soften the plastic. The natural choice is to use a heat gun. You can get one in the paint department of any home improvement center for about $25. You can also put it close to heat source but be careful. They'll pull out when they soften up.

You can leave in whatever you want but since you probably got a replacement for all the pieces when you got the grommet set, I would just replace them all.

psp2
01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
im trying to replace the grommets on my pure drive but im having some issues

how do i take the the flarred grommets out? they are too wide and i cant get them out
also i taken out the long side grommets but no others. can i leave the those ones that i havent removed in overnight?

i have watched yulittles you tube vids but it didnt answere my questions

thanks you

I highly recommend a heat gun to replace the b/g set on a PD/APD/PC/PS series since their grommet system is quite complex compared to standard ones.

As far as flared grommets.... just take your string cutter and cut at the base of the grommet. Then you can easily pull them out with your pliers.

As for the installation, start at the SHOULDER then move up to the hoop. With the bumperguard, I would turn your stove on and heat it up slightly to get it pliable. I would say about a 45 sec. should be fine. Start at the 10 o'clock position and go from there installing the actual grommets into the bumper.

DizBoiDanny
01-20-2009, 05:50 PM
or just cut out that part if possible.

cujays
01-21-2009, 04:10 PM
ok ill try this