PDA

View Full Version : *** Windows 7 Beta ***

Tennisguy777
01-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Anyone else also using Windows 7 Beta. I just installed it today and I am impressed. Anybody want to express their opinion or problems, glitches feel free.

Tennisguy777
01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow guess there are no nerds here, tennis players only! Haha.

king of swing
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
sorry im more of a ubuntu linux type person :D. so, nerdy, just not your kind ;-)

NickC
01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
As I said in an earlier thread on Windows 7, I used it a couple of months ago. My uncle is quite high on the MSFT company ladder, and had a copy of Windows 7 when it was given out to company employees as an alpha build. He installed it and I gave it a go last time I was at his house, around Christmas. I wasn't blown away. It felt kind of like an OSX ripoff, and was a bit sluggish. Maybe the latest build is a bit more polished.

AlphaCDjkr
01-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I would download and install it, but I don't want to stop working on my AP Econ final project due tomorrow...

I'm perfectly content with my Vista SP1; Oops, brb, gotta finish installing today's slew of security updates.

Okazaki Fragment
01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
sorry im more of a ubuntu linux type person :D. so, nerdy, just not your kind ;-)

You are King of the Nerds. Don't you linux guys have to write your own drivers for printers and such?

slicefox
01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Windows 7 does better than Vista and XP in almost every benchmark.

J-man
01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
As I said in an earlier thread on Windows 7, I used it a couple of months ago. My uncle is quite high on the MSFT company ladder, and had a copy of Windows 7 when it was given out to company employees as an alpha build. He installed it and I gave it a go last time I was at his house, around Christmas. I wasn't blown away. It felt kind of like an OSX ripoff, and was a bit sluggish. Maybe the latest build is a bit more polished.That's nothing new. I am Windows user and I hope Win7 kicks ***. I am not going to download the beta, but I hear generally positive things about it. But it is still beta...

adams_1
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
You are King of the Nerds. Don't you linux guys have to write your own drivers for printers and such?

It's not quite that hands-on ;)

There's always a little bit of command line stuff but Ubuntu especially isn't at all difficult to use.

WBF
01-28-2009, 02:23 AM
http://xkcd.com/178/

Tennisguy777
01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I liked it still needs a little work, although it is fully functional. I found that it runs much better on a core 2 duo and 64 bit machines.
Also on the 32 bit version it is backward compatible with vista in terms of drivers and software. It was a little buggy when it came to espn360 which I think has gotten really buggy even in XP.

Tennisguy777
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
It's not quite that hands-on ;)

There's always a little bit of command line stuff but Ubuntu especially isn't at all difficult to use.

Was going to try it on my laptop but never did, I got 4 different partitions and and 3 different OSes. Maybe next year. Well I could put it in my old desktop pIII 700 mhz, you think it can handle ubuntu I got about 100 GB free space on it. Well I looked and 700 mhz is the bare minimum they recommend. I'll try it soon.