PDA

View Full Version : Beer....is it for men only?

Rabbit
02-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, we covered some other gender specific topics earlier. Now, I don't really care about that, but I am interested, very interested in what the ladies have to say about this subject. Ladies.....come on now.....here's your time to shine. My personal favorite is Corona Light (yes I keep limes at the house too), but what about you? Are there any women who drink Pabst Blue Ribbon out there?

Fee
02-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Bass Ale, Red Tail Ale (from Mendocino County in California, shout out!), Samuel Adams, and LandsBier (I think that was the name of it) when in the Bavarian region of Germany. Probably the best beer I ever had, bless the Germans and their beer purity laws.

But my preference is wine or champagne. No, I'm not flirting with Rabbit by posting in his thread :D.

Rabbit
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
LMAO.........

Aykhan Mammadov
02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm not a woman, but also like beer very much.

I prefer " Bizim Pive" manufactured in Baku, Azerbaijan, " Hyrdalan" -also here, then "Holsten" ( Germany) - very soft, in the last Budwiser.

Cheers !!!

But really what is relation to PRO tennis talk ?

Kaptain Karl
02-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Killian's Red

- KK

norcal
02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Bass Ale, Red Tail Ale (from Mendocino County in California, shout out!), Samuel Adams, and LandsBier (I think that was the name of it) when in the Bavarian region of Germany. Probably the best beer I ever had, bless the Germans and their beer purity laws.

But my preference is wine or champagne. No, I'm not flirting with Rabbit by posting in his thread :D.

Red Tail Ale is 6.9% vs about 4.5% for Corona Light. I see who wears the pants in this flirtationship! Good choices Fee.

Rabbit
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I guess I should clarify...my other favs are Newcastle and Guiness

pound cat
02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Let's hear it for Canada! Creemore, Sleeman's, Rutger;s Red, and good old Labatt's, Molson;s and the quintessential Canadian beer...MOOSEHEAD!!!

Rabbit
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
the moose is loose.....where is TW's resident K. Wilson Moose when you need him?

litote
02-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Rabbit, you are a heretic, how can you put the words beer and corona in the same sentence !!! :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

spinbalz
02-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Sorry to post in French the following story, I'll try to translate it in english later.

Après un festival de la bière à Londres, tous les présidents de brasseries décident d'aller boire un coup ensemble.

Le président de Corona s'assoit et dit : "Señor, je voudrais la meilleure des bières, une Corona". Le barman prend une bouteille sur l'étagère et lui donne.

Le président de Budweiser dit : "J'aimerais la meilleure bière du monde, donnez-moi une 'King of the Beers'". Le barman lui en donne une.

Le président de Coors dit : "J'aimerais la meilleure bière du monde, la seule fabriquée avec de l'eau de source des Montagnes Rocheuses, donnez-moi une Coors". Et il l'obtient.

Un moine belge s'assoit et dit : "Donnez-moi un Coca Cola".

Les autres présidents le regardent ahuris et demandent : "Pourquoi tu ne bois pas de Leffe ?".

Et le moine réponds: "Les gars, si vous ne buvez pas de bière, je n'en boirais pas non plus..."

srvnvly
02-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Boulevard Pale Ale, followed by Boulevard Wheat.

Kaptain Karl
02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Let's hear it for Canada!...
Well, sure, they make some great beers, but ...MOOSEHEAD?????
Ugh!!! (Molson Gold is my second favorite....)

- KK

finchy
02-23-2005, 05:10 PM
and why the hell is this in the pro player board?

Chadwixx
02-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, we covered some other gender specific topics earlier. Now, I don't really care about that, but I am interested, very interested in what the ladies have to say about this subject. Ladies.....come on now.....here's your time to shine. My personal favorite is Corona Light (yes I keep limes at the house too), but what about you? Are there any women who drink Pabst Blue Ribbon out there?

harp with a lime is better than corona, unless ur watching the belt line. give it a shot. corona is a nice bottle beer but in a glass its just too light.

i personally drink bush light (nice and watery), bud heavy, and sam adams.

sam adams is the best in a glass but costs alot.

andfor
02-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I have never started drinking a beer that I have not been able to finish. Yet.

Yea, I like beer alot. Wish I had one now. T

Aykhan Mammadov
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
and why the hell is this in the pro player board?

Finchy, beer helps PROs very much !!!

pound cat
02-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Listen, Moosehead is a big seller in New England (Made in the East Coast of Canada)...et Spinbalz, another Belgian joke eh...RRR. Alll of the English in the French language is making jokes very easy to understand. What is happening to the French language police?? la langue. l'anglais...domage.

Tenny
02-23-2005, 05:27 PM
My favorites are Anchor steam and Pyramid apricot, both are local.

Kirko
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Don't like beer I'll stick with the tried & true scotch .

lemurballs
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Bass is a great beer. Otherwise whiskey all night long.

Cypo
02-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Made for a man....
http://www.hobbytenniscup.at/fotogalerie/galerie201203/pages/P0002448.htm
...but I like it too
Gut, Besser, Goesser

jayserinos99
02-24-2005, 12:32 AM
i don't think it's for men only. it helps men in a way though...beer goggles. (ok, well maybe not.)

my personal favorites are hoegarden (belgian beer) and singha (thai beer). and if i don't see that available then i go with the hennessy or remy martin.

AndrewD
02-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Is beer only for men? Mate you wouldnt be asking that question if you'd dated a Swedish or a German girl LOL. Now they really do appreciate their beers

@wright
02-24-2005, 08:17 AM
I always go overboard when beer is the topic, I won't bother to list my faves (let it be known that Corona is not one of them!) I am impressed by Fee's beer preferences. I've only seen a woman drink stout once (and like it!)

Fee
02-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Must be the English/Irish blood in me and the German husband. I had Guinness during my last visit to Limerick, Ireland and don't think I'll ever drink it in the US again. I love Bass Ale, especially when you can get it from a barrel at an English pub in the Midlands near the brewery, but I will only drink it from a bottle in the US unless I know I'm in a busy place that turns the keg over regularly. Butte Creek Organic ale is another good California brew. My husband likes Sierra Nevada, but its too pale for my taste.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin.

@wright
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Yes, I'm not a fan of beers as hoppy as Sierra Nevada. I do like Rogue beers though, most of them are great. I especially like the Mocha Porter and CHocolate Stout.

Fee
02-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Chocolate stout? So you like your beer to reach up and slap you? That sounds like a wicked brew... Hey speaking of which, is Pete's Wicked Ale still around? I used to drink that a lot years ago, guess I went off of it at some point.

Kaptain Karl
02-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Yup. Pete's is still readily available.

The Micro Breweries have become so prevalent in the US, it reduces the possiblities of beer arguments. Too many of us know beers which are only Regionals....

(That said, the Boulder Brewery used to make a Porter which tasted like ... heaven.)

- KK

@wright
02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
The best porter I've had, and one of the best beers period, is Fuller's London Porter. Tastes like Chocolate truffles, it doesn't get much better than that! I can't even imagine how it must taste when it's fresh. I've had Pete's before, it tastes just like Young's Dirty Dick Ale.

PugArePeopleToo
02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Every now and then Mrs Pug fancy half a pint of Samual Smith Nut Brown Ale, and I get to have the rest of the Victorian Pint sized bottle.