PDA

View Full Version : 2 piece stringing the Pro Kennex 5g

netman
01-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Sometime in the distant past I had some info on how to 2 piece string the PK 5g. But it has disappeared into the mists of time. Can someone post instructions on how to 2 piece string it. If it matters, I use a basic drop weight machine.

Thanks
-k-

SteveI
01-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Sometime in the distant past I had some info on how to 2 piece string the PK 5g. But it has disappeared into the mists of time. Can someone post instructions on how to 2 piece string it. If it matters, I use a basic drop weight machine.

Thanks
-k-

Hi Netman,

16 x 20
Start Mains at H, tie offs at 6H
Skips at 8 H and 8 T
Start Crosses at 8 H, tie offs at 5H and 7T

Need 19 feet for mains, 18 feet for crosses

Hope that helps,
Steve

netman
01-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks SteveI.

Are there any potential blocked holes or other gotchas I should look out for?

-k-

SteveI
01-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Thanks SteveI.

-k-

Hi,

No longer have one on hand to know that info. Steve Huff is the one to ask about blocked holes and other gotches. I am guessing he knows all the pitfalls on that one.

Good luck,
Steve

Bud
01-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks SteveI.

-k-

Nope, it's a breeze... and the 5G even has those cool grommets that allow easy stringing (near the throat). They guide the string away from blocking grommet holes.

SteveI
01-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Nope, it's a breeze... and the 5G even has those cool grommets that allow easy stringing (near the throat). They guide the string away from blocking grommet holes.

Bud,

Thanks for you input. I remember the 5G being a nice easy frame to string. PK does make some nice frames and their technology really appears to work from all the wonderful reports from users.

Regards,
Steve

netman
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks Bud. I look forward to stringing one of mine up as a 2 piece since I like to tension the mains and crosses differently.

-k-

Bud
01-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Bud,

Thanks for you input. I remember the 5G being a nice easy frame to string. PK does make some nice frames and their technology really appears to work from all the wonderful reports from users.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks Bud. I look forward to stringing one of mine up as a 2 piece since I like to tension the mains and crosses differently.

-k-

Yeah... love those tiny channels molded into the 5G grommets at the throat that basically guide each piece of string where holes are potentially blocked. I don't know why other companies don't employ this 'technology' into their grommets.

Mansewerz
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah... love those tiny channels molded into the 5G grommets at the throat that basically guide each piece of string where holes are potentially blocked. I don't know why other companies don't employ this 'technology' into their grommets.

Is it like a raised groove near the last few mains? My fischer pro has something that helps align the string so that holes aren't blocked.

Bud
01-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Is it like a raised groove near the last few mains? My fischer pro has something that helps align the string so that holes aren't blocked.

It's a small, narrow channel (not a raised groove but I have seen those, too) the string follows that keeps it away from the grommet hole.

If I get a chance, I'll take a pic later and post it here.

shell
01-23-2009, 01:17 PM
It's a small, narrow channel (not a raised groove but I have seen those, too) the string follows that keeps it away from the grommet hole.

If I get a chance, I'll take a pic later and post it here.

Neat, I never noticed it. I just knew it was an easy racquet to string! :)