PDA

View Full Version : Twitter users?

Craig Sheppard
01-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Just wondering if there are any twitter users on here? Did a search, didn't come up with anything... Searched twitter and found a few mentions of Tennis Warehouse. Follow me @craigsheppard if you want... Anyone else tweet tennis-related stuff?

Kaptain Karl
06-16-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm really annoyed with Twitter. Suggestions are welcome.

I made two different accounts ... which each worked ONLY the first time I made them. I cannot login. The FORGOT feature doesn't recognize the
User Names. I've sent Twitter two e-mails -- a week apart -- seeking help and have received ZERO as a reply.

Oh! And people are mentioning in e-mails they are following me. (But I haven't a clue unless they tell me OUTSIDE of Twitter.

(Besides that I love Twitter...!)

- KK

Leelord337
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
i am addicted to twitter too , i'm following the bryan bros, andy 'n sam the q ball, 'n now gimelstob thx to fee's sig ;)

Noveson
07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah I'm on twitter. Mostly for basketball news.

jamesblakefan#1
07-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm confused by twitter. Isn't it just a glorified Facebook status update? What's the value of it outside of random thoughts no one cares about? It seems just made for celebrities to stroke their ego, to get every single random thought they have out there. Why do I care what Shaq thinks about the VMAs?

topspin
07-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm confused by twitter. Isn't it just a glorified Facebook status update? What's the value of it outside of random thoughts no one cares about? It seems just made for celebrities to stroke their ego, to get every single random thought they have out there. Why do I care what Shaq thinks about the VMAs?

I agree. There is no real innovation in it. It has still reached a level of popularity though and is here to stay. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best ones.

Leelord337
07-06-2009, 11:56 PM

its like a mini blog thats short and sweet and actually pretty interesting to look back on how your day went months from now without having to read pages and pages of blogs, plus if u are doing something really cool 'n might forget about it just tweet it frm ur cell 'n there u have it. its a great idea imo

Deuce
07-07-2009, 01:59 AM
No, no, no... you've got it all wrong... 'Twitter' is 'cool'. It's 'hip', man.
You're no-one if you're not doing this 'Twitter' thing... and we all know that there is nothing more important in today's culture than status and popularity. The methods used to attain a certain 'status' and popularity are apparently unimportant.

Some clarification is needed on one point, however...
Those who use 'Twitter' are called 'twits', right?

Leelord337
07-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I use twitter almost exclusively from my ipod, usually when I'm bored, because I enjoy reading what pro athletes are up to. Also use it for very fast Blazers news. Don't tweet myself.

same here i like to see what the pros are up to as well. just today in fact the bryan brothers were talking about how their friend was serving to them inside the baseline to get them ready for ivo karlovic's serve in the upcoming davis cup match

norcal22
07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
follow me @tstirling22 !!!

Craig Sheppard
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow nice to see it only took 6 months to get this thread warmed up... :) Twitter is still a pretty geeky community and is even controversial within my industry (IT), but it does allow direct access to many people and organizations you wouldn't have access to before twitter, so I think it's pretty useful. Nice to be able to exchange messages w/ CEOs, VCs, TV personalities, media people, etc. If you tried to email them, you'd just get skipped or trashed. Neat tool, IMO.

Noveson
07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow nice to see it only took 6 months to get this thread warmed up... :) Twitter is still a pretty geeky community and is even controversial within my industry (IT), but it does allow direct access to many people and organizations you wouldn't have access to before twitter, so I think it's pretty useful. Nice to be able to exchange messages w/ CEOs, VCs, TV personalities, media people, etc. If you tried to email them, you'd just get skipped or trashed. Neat tool, IMO.

Oh wow hah didn't even notice.

I always enjoy andy murry and tony hawks contest too hah. Almost won a skateboard once...almost.

AlphaCDjkr
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM

I agree, it is a great tool. It becomes un-great, however, when you follow your friends and they insist on telling the world what they just ate for dinner, or how really really really really *really* bored they are and if anybody wanted to hang out. Especially when the junk tweets make it impossible to find the tweets you really want.

Kaptain Karl
07-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Did you hear about the big InterNet merger? Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are merging. The new entity will be called ...

YouTwitFace.

- KK

TBobLP
07-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Yea, I use it too...funny how the people who don't use it just can't sit back and well...not use it. They have to make fun of those who do.

follow me @tboblp

I'm also following Andy Murray and Roddick as well as John Mayer (probably the most interesting person on my list)

jamesblakefan#1
07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=4317953

Puma
07-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't do the twiiter thing, or facebook, or my space. I despise the texting thing as well.

I really don't care at all what some pro athlete is doing or thinking. I am sure after several stalking incidents and a couple of murders the movie star type public person will avoid the lack of security anyway.

The one question I haven't been able to get answered is, "Whats wrong with just picking up the phone and calling someone"?

todd03blown
07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I cannot find Sam Q on twitter...:(

Noveson
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't do the twiiter thing, or facebook, or my space. I despise the texting thing as well.

I really don't care at all what some pro athlete is doing or thinking. I am sure after several stalking incidents and a couple of murders the movie star type public person will avoid the lack of security anyway.

The one question I haven't been able to get answered is, "Whats wrong with just picking up the phone and calling someone"?

You can't call pro athletes? Anyway facebook is just useful for those friends in other towns who you aren't going to talk to regularly but it's nice to be able to still contact them with no akwardness;)

Deuce
07-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Yea, I use it too...funny how the people who don't use it just can't sit back and well...not use it. They have to make fun of those who do.

follow me @tboblp

^ You apparently don't understand its rather profound negative effects on society and on human relationships.
For one, the term 'friend' means virtually nothing anymore.
The more 'friends', the 'better'... the more people who 'follow' you, the better...
It's all so utterly superficial.

Don't we have enough followers on the planet?? Do we truly need MORE followers?
"Follow me..." "I'm following _________" .

Good grief.

To me, whether wanting to know what your favourite tennis player ate for breakfast, or wanting to tell your 'friends' at precisely what moment you had a bowel movement, this stuff (including Facebook and MySpace) is for young kids - like under 15 years old.

Kaptain Karl
07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
I don't do the twiiter thing, or facebook, or my space. I despise the texting thing as well.Until I was convinced to (at least consider) the possibilities, I was of the same mind as you. Now I text ... FB ... LinkedIn and ... Tweet. (I also was on Plaxo -- for about 30 hours. Plaxo's system is *designed* to generate spam. I quit it.) I use them all as business tools ; not playthings.

I really don't care at all what some pro athlete is doing or thinking. I am sure after several stalking incidents and a couple of murders the movie star type public person will avoid the lack of security anyway.You don't understand. The "celebrities" like these Social Media tools. They like them because THEY have a sense of empowerment. Instead of having their lives broadcast by paparazzi ... they "beat the snoops to the punch" and publish what THEY want to publicize. (It isn't any more -- or less -- compelling than what the tabloid journalists would print or air, but THEY have a sense of being "in control.")

This phenomenon is weird ... but it is what it is....

The one question I haven't been able to get answered is, "Whats wrong with just picking up the phone and calling someone"?I'm a non-Staff HS Coach. I need to regularly communicate with about 40 kids and about 74 parents. The kids will not use e-mail anymore. They'd rather text. But they WILL go on FB. I am "friended" by the kids and their parents, and I can post one announcement on FB and they get it. The phone is nowhere near as efficient.

^ You apparently don't understand its rather profound negative effects on society and on human relationships.
The more 'friends', the 'better'... the more people who 'follow' you, the better...
It's all so utterly superficial.Don't use it. Then you can sit on your high horse and smugly moralize.... (Oh, wait. You already do this all the time.)

... this stuff (including Facebook and MySpace) is for young kids - like under 15 years old.I used to lump them all together, too. MS *is* all about kids. The fastest growing demographic on FB is .... women between 35 and 54 years of age. Boomers are huge on FB.

I've already gotten business from using these Social Media tools with more purpose. I'll keep using them....

- KK

Tofi
07-11-2009, 04:50 AM
guys i hate twitter.............i couldnt follow my friend on it and she couldnt find my twitter name on there aswell..........just proves how s**t it actually is..............facebook is better by far even tohugh it has the same skin all the time.

TBobLP
07-11-2009, 01:12 PM
It's all so utterly superficial.

Don't we have enough followers on the planet?? Do we truly need MORE followers?
"Follow me..." "I'm following _________" .

Good grief.

To me, whether wanting to know what your favourite tennis player ate for breakfast, or wanting to tell your 'friends' at precisely what moment you had a bowel movement, this stuff (including Facebook and MySpace) is for young kids - like under 15 years old.

I have my friendships and don't consider the amount of "friends" or "followers" i have as some sort of accomplishment. I use facebook to keep in touch with friends, different kinds of events and stuff they may be planning and gigs that bands i like are planning. What's wrong with that? the effect on society is GOOD in this respect. It allows exposure for those who need it most, and it makes it easier for friends to keep in touch. Again, even if your points were completely valid (im not saying that they are or arent in general...i AM saying they are wrong in regards to me personally), why resort to insults just because you don't like people using these services? What do you gain from that?

Phil
07-11-2009, 02:00 PM

This is my feeling exactly. I can't be bothered with time-wasting toys. So many people these days seem either starved for attention (facebook, Twitter) or overly concerned about someone else's business (Twitter). Who the hell cares?

A couple of friends are really pulling at my sleeve, nagging me to get text messaging on the cell phone. I've asked them, "Why? Just call me if you want to say something-how difficult is that?"

Mr. Blond
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
This is my feeling exactly. I can't be bothered with time-wasting toys. So many people these days seem either starved for attention (facebook, Twitter) or overly concerned about someone else's business (Twitter). Who the hell cares?

A couple of friends are really pulling at my sleeve, nagging me to get text messaging on the cell phone. I've asked them, "Why? Just call me if you want to say something-how difficult is that?"

there are many situations where texting is nice.......but I am not one of those freaks who txts for hours instead of calling.

1 - 2 txts and ya done.

TBobLP
07-11-2009, 02:18 PM

you, like deuce, only address one instance of how these services are used. educate yourself before you pretend to know what you are talking about.

Lakoste
07-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Twitter would be useful for me if any of my friends used it, so I could see what they are all doing that day on one page. I don't have a single friend that has a account though, and I don't really care what famous people are doing every second.

The only social networking site I actually use is LinkedIn, and thats for business.

VivalaVida
07-11-2009, 07:34 PM

I think Facebook is great. I changed high schools after 9th grade and moved half way across the US. I still talk to my buddies on it all the time. The new chat feature makes it even better. I dont spend much time on it. I just check it maybe once or twice a day.

heycal
07-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I've never visited Twitter nor could imagine wanting to. However, I did finally cave into the facebook thing, but not obsessive about it. It can be helpful professionally, a bit of fun and/or helpful in certain ways socially, but I have no interest in reading status updates or posting them about my own activities.
I also text, but begrudingly. I don't like it much, both literally -- the actual composing of texts -- and philosophically. However, I do recognize it's value in certain business and social circumstances. There really are certain times and places and situations were texting is the best, if not the only, option. (I still can't decide as a parent if it's good or bad -- my daughter texts me more than she calls me, but I guess if I didn't text, she would reach out less often.)

My bigger complaint is with this brave new world of communication in general. Too much stuff, too addictive, too distracting... I'm starting to long for the days of even 15 years ago, when there was virtually no internent or cell phones, and maybe not even cable TV.

Deuce
07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Don't use it. Then you can sit on your high horse and smugly moralize.... (Oh, wait. You already do this all the time.)
^ You must like these 'social networking' toys because it makes it easier to send out cowardly cheap shots.

I'm not moralizing - just pointing out that the reliance on these things, and inevitable abuse, is a profoundly negative thing for society and human relationships, as, for the most part, it significantly devalues them.

I used to lump them all together, too. MS *is* all about kids. The fastest growing demographic on FB is .... women between 35 and 54 years of age. Boomers are huge on FB.
^ That's both pathetic and very frightening.

Again, even if your points were completely valid (im not saying that they are or arent in general...i AM saying they are wrong in regards to me personally), why resort to insults just because you don't like people using these services? What do you gain from that?
^ Where did I insult you?

you, like deuce, only address one instance of how these services are used. educate yourself before you pretend to know what you are talking about.
^ I believe it's you who needs to be educated.
These things are not good for society. You can choose to see that, or to live in an illusionary bubble and pretend that it's not so.
In time, you'll see it, though - it'll be inevitable. It's already glaringly evident to some.

I think Facebook is great. I changed high schools after 9th grade and moved half way across the US. I still talk to my buddies on it all the time. The new chat feature makes it even better. I dont spend much time on it. I just check it maybe once or twice a day.
^ No - you do not TALK to your 'friends' on Facebook. You TYPE to them using generic type.
Big, big difference.

VivalaVida
07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
^ You must like these 'social networking' toys because it makes it easier to send out cowardly cheap shots.

I'm not moralizing - just pointing out that the reliance on these things, and inevitable abuse, is a profoundly negative thing for society and human relationships, as, for the most part, it significantly devalues them.

^ That's both pathetic and very frightening.

^ Where did I insult you?

^ I believe it's you who needs to be educated.
These things are not good for society. You can choose to see that, or to live in an illusionary bubble and pretend that it's not so.
In time, you'll see it, though - it'll be inevitable. It's already glaringly evident to some.

^ No - you do not TALK to your 'friends' on Facebook. You TYPE to them using generic type.
Big, big difference.
True, it isnt actually talking but it is better than nothing. This year me and friends were all seniors taking AP classes, working , playing sports etc. We never had time to call each other and talk. With Facebook it is at least possible to drop them a line really quick and ask them what is going on in their lives. When I have time, I always talk to my friends via phone. It is just that people dont have time to call and talk for long periods of time these days because of busy schedules.

Deuce
07-11-2009, 08:56 PM
True, it isnt actually talking but it is better than nothing. This year me and friends were all seniors taking AP classes, working , playing sports etc. We never had time to call each other and talk. With Facebook it is at least possible to drop them a line really quick and ask them what is going on in their lives. When I have time, I always talk to my friends via phone. It is just that people dont have time to call and talk for long periods of time these days because of busy schedules. ^ It's interesting how the 'new generation' seems to believe that 'busy schedules' are a new thing... that in the past, people weren't busy.

True, there are infinitely more superficial and trivial distractions available to us seemingly every day - which renders people 'busy' (if you really want to call it that).
But the thing about life before the internet, cell phones, etc. is that people would make the time to truly interact with others - meaning either in person or by phone. Communication thus had more value then - because it wasn't as convenient. There was a direct connection between two people that is sadly lacking in today's 'virtual' world, where everything is fast and easy and convenient, but little is real.

You say that 'keeping in touch' via Facebook, etc. is "better than nothing"... but is it really?
If you suddenly found yourself with no Facebook, etc., no cell phone, no E mail... what would you do? Would you truly be left with this "nothing" you speak of? Would you cease all communication with those whom you don't see regularly? I doubt it.
What you would likely do is find the time to TALK with the people who are most important to you. Probably see them more often, too.

What this 'technology' does is make it simply far too convenient to 'keep in touch'. It is not true communication - not insofar as what we used to refer to as communication, at least.
Because it is so convenient, people do not take it seriously. They take it for granted - and this inherently lowers its value.
Whereas in the past, when we had to plan to make a phone call (from HOME), we appreciated it more, and didn't waste the experience talking about trivial nonsense.

"Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end…
We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing important to communicate." - Henry Thoreau.

TBobLP
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
^ It's interesting how the 'new generation' seems to believe that 'busy schedules' are a new thing... that in the past, people weren't busy.

True, there are infinitely more superficial and trivial distractions available to us seemingly every day - which renders people 'busy' (if you really want to call it that).
But the thing about life before the internet, cell phones, etc. is that people would make the time to truly interact with others - meaning either in person or by phone. Communication thus had more value then - because it wasn't as convenient. There was a direct connection between two people that is sadly lacking in today's 'virtual' world, where everything is fast and easy and convenient, but little is real.

You say that 'keeping in touch' via Facebook, etc. is "better than nothing"... but is it really?
If you suddenly found yourself with no Facebook, etc., no cell phone, no E mail... what would you do? Would you truly be left with this "nothing" you speak of? Would you cease all communication with those whom you don't see regularly? I doubt it.
What you would likely do is find the time to TALK with the people who are most important to you. Probably see them more often, too.

What this 'technology' does is make it simply far too convenient to 'keep in touch'. It is not true communication - not insofar as what we used to refer to as communication, at least.
Because it is so convenient, people do not take it seriously. They take it for granted - and this inherently lowers its value.
Whereas in the past, when we had to plan to make a phone call (from HOME), we appreciated it more, and didn't waste the experience talking about trivial nonsense.

"Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end…
We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing important to communicate." - Henry Thoreau.

my grandmother is scared of technology too

Deuce
07-11-2009, 09:14 PM
my grandmother is scared of technology too
^ Likely because she has the experience and wisdom to see the damage that it's done so far.
And that was when 'technology' was growing at a relatively slow pace.
Today, the pace is out of control - and only getting worse.

You'd be wise to learn from your grandmother, rather than arrogantly think that you know better.

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."

VivalaVida
07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
^ It's interesting how the 'new generation' seems to believe that 'busy schedules' are a new thing... that in the past, people weren't busy.

It's true. People were busy in the past as well and they had to plan to make calls and meet up. For me, Facebook is just something extra I can use to communicate with them. This, by no means, will prevent me from making plans to meet them in person or talk to them on the phone. I agree, a lot of internet communication is crap and the value of face to face communication has indeed gone down. There is no doubt talking to people in person is much better but all I am saying is that facebook does serve as a form of communication even if it is much inferior to person to person communication.

TBobLP
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM
^ Likely because she has the experience and wisdom to see the damage that it's done so far.
And that was when 'technology' was growing at a relatively slow pace.
Today, the pace is out of control - and only getting worse.

You'd be wise to learn from your grandmother, rather than arrogantly think that you know better.

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."

first im a twit and now im arrogant? because i disagree with you? i dont think i know better, i simply know that i dont know. you, however, seem to have it all figured out and i can only hope to learn from YOU.

Deuce
07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
first im a twit and now im arrogant? because i disagree with you?
My 'twit' comment was a general one. If you saw yourself in it, don't blame me.

When you wrote to Phil "educate yourself before you pretend to know what you are talking about" - that was highly arrogant, mainly because its author (you) is one with relatively little experience, yet is claiming to know what he doesn't truly know.

i dont think i know better, i simply know that i dont know. you, however, seem to have it all figured out and i can only hope to learn from YOU.
^ Whether you learn from me or from your grandmother or from both, or neither, of us, is entirely your choice.
I can only hope that you choose wisely.

TBobLP
07-11-2009, 10:03 PM
My 'twit' comment was a general one. If you saw yourself in it, don't blame me.

When you wrote to Phil "educate yourself before you pretend to know what you are talking about" - that was highly arrogant, mainly because its author (you) is one with relatively little experience, yet is claiming to know what he doesn't truly know.

^ Whether you learn from me or from your grandmother or from both, or neither, of us, is entirely your choice.
I can only hope that you choose wisely.

i understand that it did sound arrogant, but i promise i only had in mind the same idea when i said to you that i "know that i dont know". i didnt want to imply that i had it all figured out. you said people who use twitter are twits...i use twitter. through deduction that makes me a twit. no need for name calling, especially from someone who seems to be pretty intelligent.

Deuce
07-11-2009, 10:09 PM
you said people who use twitter are twits...i use twitter. through deduction that makes me a twit. no need for name calling, especially from someone who seems to be pretty intelligent.
Again - it was written generally, and not aimed at any particular individual.
It wasn't so much "name calling" as it was a little play on words intended to illustrate my perspective.

Phil
07-12-2009, 01:53 AM
As I said, a useless toy. A distraction. As for self-education, there are way too many good books out there that I need to read, so why would I waste my time with this fluff? What possible "NEED" is there for this "technology"?

But if I turn into a narcissistic voyeur in the near future, then I'll consult you for any information to fill in my educational gaps on this.

TBobLP
07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
As I said, a useless toy. A distraction. As for self-education, there are way too many good books out there that I need to read, so why would I waste my time with this fluff? What possible "NEED" is there for this "technology"?

But if I turn into a narcissistic voyeur in the near future, then I'll consult you for any information to fill in my educational gaps on this.

there is no "need". just as there is no need for those books you speak of. i have no problem with people's views, but the fact is there ARE legitimate uses for these services. especially as a musician who's income rests solely on other people, and entertainment...i need a way to advertise easily to people i know, and people they know and so on. i can get hired by giving a bar/club/hotel/coffee shop a link to my myspace to hear my music and see pictures and read feedback and see what interest others might have in my music and performance. this was actually the reason myspace was created in the first place...for musicians.

that was an example of something as close to a "need" as i can think of. i know that this not how the majority of people use these sights anymore, and it's hard not to lump people all into the same group. i don't know how this makes me a narcissistic voyeur. it's nice to see pictures that my family posts too that i don't get to see very often and sometimes seeing new picture reminds me to...hey...call them on the phone and say hi!

twitter...yes, that is pure fluff. anything ive ever written was not to be taken seriously and i use more just cause im bored and like to type ridiculous thoughts or jokes i might come up with to see how people react and to read what a select few other people i follow read. im a huge fan of john mayer and he posts a lot of thing that are quite interesting to me as well as links to videos of him in the studio and the like. as a musician and a friend, these things interest me. i dont think i should be villified for something like this. by your own admission, this is just fluff, so theres no need to so aggressively attack those who use it (i know you didnt, but some people have)

Kaptain Karl
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM

I believe it's you who needs to be educated.
In time, you'll see it, though - it'll be inevitable. It's already glaringly evident to some..

... and then, the especially amusing....

You'd be wise to learn from your grandmother, rather than arrogantly think that you know better.Oh! The irony.

(But it's a good thing you're not moralizing, huh?)

my grandmother is scared of technology tooThat was a good one!

- KK

cucio
07-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone else finds ironic to watch some people criticize harshly the cold, impersonal, immature on-line ways of interaction using a web forum, of all things?

heycal
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone else finds ironic to watch some people criticize harshly the cold, impersonal, immature on-line ways of interaction using a web forum, of all things?

Ole Deuce has never been in short supply of hypocrisy. Railing like some cranky luddite while making his ten thousandth post on an internet forum...

Phil
07-12-2009, 07:41 PM
there is no "need". just as there is no need for those books you speak of. i have no problem with people's views, but the fact is there ARE legitimate uses for these services. especially as a musician who's income rests solely on other people, and entertainment...i need a way to advertise easily to people i know, and people they know and so on. i can get hired by giving a bar/club/hotel/coffee shop a link to my myspace to hear my music and see pictures and read feedback and see what interest others might have in my music and performance. this was actually the reason myspace was created in the first place...for musicians.
Musicians did just FINE B.F. (before facebook). It's all about the MUSIC.

that was an example of something as close to a "need" as i can think of. i know that this not how the majority of people use these sights anymore, and it's hard not to lump people all into the same group. i don't know how this makes me a narcissistic voyeur. it's nice to see pictures that my family posts too that i don't get to see very often and sometimes seeing new picture reminds me to...hey...call them on the phone and say hi!
It's possible to create or rationalize a need for any new toy that comes down the pike. That doesn't mean that it is "important".

twitter...yes, that is pure fluff. anything ive ever written was not to be taken seriously...
Well, that much I know, based on the few posts of yours that I've read in other threads.
i dont think i should be villified for something like this. by your own admission, this is just fluff, so theres no need to so aggressively attack those who use it (i know you didnt, but some people have)
No, no need to "attack" anyone for using this stuff. I mean, there's a bandwagon and people DO jump on it, en masse, like sheep. Some of those people are my friends, some are my family and some are simply okay, other than the fact that they're bandwagon jumpers. In the end, no big deal.

Deuce
07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
... and then, the especially amusing....

Oh! The irony.

(But it's a good thing you're not moralizing, huh?)

That was a good one!

- KK
^ You've never been able to rationally (or even irrationally) argue against anything I've posted on this board, KK - all you ever do is take these tiny, evasive cheap shots.
It's rather consistent with and indicative of your character...

^ Only those without any concept of understanding even basic logic... and thoroughly transparent and biased twits, like the one below...
Ole Deuce has never been in short supply of hypocrisy. Railing like some cranky luddite while making his ten thousandth post on an internet forum...

TBobLP
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Musicians did just FINE B.F. (before facebook). It's all about the MUSIC.

It's possible to create or rationalize a need for any new toy that comes down the pike. That doesn't mean that it is "important".

Well, that much I know, based on the few posts of yours that I've read in other threads.

No, no need to "attack" anyone for using this stuff. I mean, there's a bandwagon and people DO jump on it, en masse, like sheep. Some of those people are my friends, some are my family and some are simply okay, other than the fact that they're bandwagon jumpers. In the end, no big deal.

why are so many people scared of technology?? youre using a computer to post here online, right? everything you type is meant to be read...so how are you less narcissistic than anyone using twitter? your comment about musicians, again, is merely that. no insight or argument there, just some comment that doesnt even say anything. this forum is full of people with stances, but devoid of logical argument or meaning.

with that im done on this thread...not worth my time

Deuce
07-12-2009, 08:14 PM
why are so many people scared of technology??
^ Apprehensive is a better word than 'scared' in this context. Although 'scaredè can certainly be appropriate.
The reason, dear youngin', is simple - because history shows without any doubt that human beings will abuse anything and everything that comes their way.
That means that what has the potential to be positive is turned into a negative via the masses abusing and exploiting the hell out of it (television, anyone?).
And with certain things, this results in a profound negative for societies as a whole.

this forum is full of people with stances, but devoid of logical argument or meaning.
^ Writes the voice of vast experience.
You're what - 20 years old?
Don't get me wrong - it's always good to question things. But it's not so good to claim knowledge that you don't possess - and you've done that several times in this thread alone.

Phil
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
why are so many people scared of technology?? youre using a computer to post here online, right? everything you type is meant to be read...so how are you less narcissistic than anyone using twitter? your comment about musicians, again, is merely that. no insight or argument there, just some comment that doesnt even say anything. this forum is full of people with stances, but devoid of logical argument or meaning.

with that im done on this thread...not worth my time
Do you smell fear in my words? I don't.

I was a musician, once. Never used Twitter.

junbumkim
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I did create an account, but haven't really used it.
Some of these websites including FB and others are pretty cool ways to get in touch with other people; your old friend that you lost touch with, or a group of people who share similar intrerests as you do.

It's also pretty interesting how some people manage never to leave FB and constantly update their status.

These on-line social websites do have their hazardous side-effects, but I don't think it is completely unhealthy as long as it is done in moderation.

Definition and meaning of roles and concepts have changed over the course of history. Meaning, expectations, and role of wife and husband are different from 1960s as they are today. Being in nations also has completely different meaning today from 1930s. In other words, "friend" has become a more broad term that may even include a person whom you have never met in person before. I am not saying this is bad or good, but you do need a sense of reality and acuity to recognize its pros and cons.

jamesblakefan#1
11-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Soo...I took the jump. Made a twitter like 15 mins ago. I was bored. lol

http://twitter.com/dsavage2012

This should be interesting.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I will confess, I am on Twitter:

@JongWong

topspin
11-29-2009, 08:24 AM
You are all a bunch of twits! lol

jamesblakefan#1
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
OK, I just deleted my twitter. It is as worthless as it seems, unless you're a celebrity and people are actually following you. For now I'll just stick to my FB statuses. Twitter is just too much for nothing.

quest01
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I use Twitter occasionally.

Leelord337
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
^^^same here, its fun to look back on it from months ago...

Kaptain Karl
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Did you hear about the HUGE merger ... Twitter, YouTube and FaceBook...!

-

-

-

-

-

-

It will be called ... YouTwitFace. [Rimshot]

- KK

topspin
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
^Heard that on Conan months ago, lol.

quest01
11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
^^^same here, its fun to look back on it from months ago...

Usually when I use Twitter, I don't know what the hell to say in only 140 words so lately I've been posting mini movie reviews.

boogywhip
11-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I have a twitter if anyone wants to follow =]
http://twitter.com/tennisgnome

FedererForehand
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Did you hear about the HUGE merger ... Twitter, YouTube and FaceBook...!

-

-

-

-

-

-

It will be called ... YouTwitFace. [Rimshot]

- KK

Copyright Conan O'Brien - since thats where I first heard it from months ago.

Kaptain Karl
01-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Copyright Conan O'Brien - since thats where I first heard it from months ago.First time I heard it was from a Consultant who teaches people how to effectively use online networking tools. This was about a year ago, but *he* said he heard it from a friend of his who did the same kind of work.

Maybe *that* guy heard it from Conan ... but it had to have been a long time before you heard it there.

I don't really care who was first. I just enjoyed it.

- KK

mr_han_solo
05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I was hoping we had a thread about Twitter. I enjoy using it to see what all of the players are saying about their views on things, the event they are playing, etc. I also follow a couple of actors, and musicians, just to get the inside scoop on their next movie/album.

As for personal use, I use it as a log for my workout and tennis blog of sorts. Its neat looking back and seeing where you came from and where you are now. I saw some posts about people saying they would stick to Facebook. Unfortunately, I have a ton of friends that wouldnt give a squat that I "Practiced for 2 hours today, followed by Plyometics". Twitter is a good medium for that. If anyone is interested my username is @rmcole87.

babbette
05-31-2010, 07:44 AM
juan monaco http://twitter.com/picomonaco/
f lopez http://twitter.com/feliciano_lopez