PDA

View Full Version : TW Table Tennis Club!

game set match 46 TIMES!!
01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
This Club is for all the Table Tennis (Ping Pong) lovers out there :).

Here are the requirements to join:

1.You are a Fan and Player of the game.
2.You Play as much as you can and want to improve.

Optional:
Also if you have your own Paddle tell us what kind it is:
I have a Stiga competition Drive Paddle. Its a great soft controling paddle. i have a Head Overgrip on it :lol:. I got it at D1cks Sporting Goods store for 20$ i may get a better one someday but its a great paddle.

Also if you want to share your game feel free:
I am a attacker with a forhand cut serve not alot of spin but some. My Backhand is Prety well i have a 1 hander and sometimes a 2 hander.

In some Tennis Tournaments down here they have Table Tennis Tournaments which i always play in.

So thats about it.

Members:
1.Game Set Match 46 Times!!
2.Teamtomo
3.SaunderS
4.BestLefty UK
5.william7gr
6.slicekick95
7.RestockingTues
8.hyogen
9.cujays
10.mdjenders
11.dexian
12.scraps234
13.AznRamenDude
14.nalbyvsfed
15.Micky
16.am22fcw
17.Storm Kyori
18.beamjayman
19.GeorgeLucas
20.iksmols

Teamtomo
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Count me in, i love a good ping pong match.

SaunderS
01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Count me in. Everyday player at school. But GSM, you use a 2hbh for ping pong? I try to imitate Rogers backhand!:) it works well!

Teamtomo
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
BTW I use a 1 handed backhand lol.

01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Count me in. Everyday player at school. But GSM, you use a 2hbh for ping pong? I try to imitate Rogers backhand!:) it works well!

i just joke around with a 2 hander i use 1 hander 85% of the time.

SaunderS
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I use 1 hander 100%. but 50% topspin 50% defensive slice.

BestLefty UK
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm in too. Played for my school (yea I know it's weird that my school has a ping pong team) and beat some serious ping-pong players from other schools in a tournament. I don't have a paddle cuz I dont think it matters about the paddle at my level. My playing style is a topspin forehand and a one-handed gasquet style backhand. When I went on holiday to China... One of my dads friends said I played like Wang Liqin (minus the tennis-style backhand)

01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm in too. Played for my school (yea I know it's weird that my school has a ping pong team) and beat some serious ping-pong players from other schools in a tournament. I don't have a paddle cuz I dont think it matters about the paddle at my level. My playing style is a topspin forehand and a one-handed gasquet style backhand. When I went on holiday to China... One of my dads friends said I played like Wang Liqin (minus the tennis-style backhand)

dang thats prety cool!

william7gr
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I play casually with whatever racquet is available.

I really play righty with a 1 hander and attempt to imitate Federer however I end up playing lefty with a two hander modeled after Nadal most of the time because no one I know is much competition

slicekick95
01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
add me in!! i just got my table last week, and if i cant find anyone to play with, i use the playback option. Basically, i play 24/7. I have a wicked corosscourt backhand, with a TON of topspin. To go down the line, i just slice it with a lot of sidespin. my forehand is basically a shot to just get it deep and keep myself in an offensive position so that i can kill the backhand:twisted: But its improving, i finally hit a winner with it yesterday. I use some STIGA soft paddle.

RestockingTues
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Out of curiosity, how much does a high end paddle cost? As much as a tennis racket?

hyogen
01-21-2009, 03:22 PM
count me in :D

I think you guys should post videos of yourselves. Exciting rallies, long rallies, great shots etc :)

I use a Butterfly Primorac blade with yasaka Mark V rubber

hyogen
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Out of curiosity, how much does a high end paddle cost? As much as a tennis racket?

this is where i get all my stuff and they're local - www.paddle-palace.com

my cousin in philly just so happened to order his stuff from here also

hyogen
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=235471

here is the table tennis video thread :o

cujays
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Im in
i love ping pong

01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
ok great list updated. btw thanks for the links and info hyogen

mdjenders
01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I play table tennis competitively, just got done drilling for 3 hours. Played at a high level, table tennis can be just as strenuous as tennis!

01-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I play table tennis competitively, just got done drilling for 3 hours. Played at a high level, table tennis can be just as strenuous as tennis!

sweet! what paddle do you use? how many do you carry?and what is your game? TEACH ME!

edit: how much are they? sorry for so many questions.

mdjenders
01-21-2009, 09:37 PM
hey game set. take a peek in the other thread that hyogen posted. some of my posts in there answer your ?s. i will be selling tt stuff starting later next month, but for now i refer people to other places to get equipment :). i still need to take videos sometime, but i always forget to charge the batteries on my camera.

01-22-2009, 07:20 AM
hey game set. take a peek in the other thread that hyogen posted. some of my posts in there answer your ?s. i will be selling tt stuff starting later next month, but for now i refer people to other places to get equipment :). i still need to take videos sometime, but i always forget to charge the batteries on my camera.

ok thanks. sorry i didnt see your other posts.

01-22-2009, 07:20 AM

ok thanks. sorry i didnt see your other posts.

01-22-2009, 12:23 PM

sure gets alot of spin but i find it going out alot.

hyogen
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM

i wish i were you! -_-

how do you keep your rubbers clean and sticky? do you use a certain cleaning solution?

dexian
01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I play competitions.

My blade is a TIBHAR Samsonov Alpha with two 2mm STIGA Boost TC.

hyogen
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I play competitions.

My blade is a TIBHAR Samsonov Alpha with two 2mm STIGA Boost TC.

nice. how is the samsonov compared to a Primorac or Kalinic? i would imagine more fast.

is the boost TC rubber more sticky than donic coppa (or Mark v)?

thanks

scraps234
01-22-2009, 06:22 PM
im in i always play ping pong mostly on tuesdays but also playin some tournys....

mdjenders
01-22-2009, 10:07 PM
use a sponge and water to clean your rubber sheets. anything else is silly. you can use a kitchen sponge like you get from the grocery store (if you squeeze out the soapy chemicals first). dampen the sponge and wipe the rubber after you play. let it air dry.

01-23-2009, 07:04 AM
im in i always play ping pong mostly on tuesdays but also playin some tournys....

list updated. thanks for those tips mdjenders

AznRamenDude
01-23-2009, 10:21 PM
i'm denfinately in. ping pong is great when its raining outside and you cant make it to the courts. :)

i play whenever i can. since i have a table, i just have to bug my little brother into playing.

out of curiosity, is there anyone else who plays with a penholder grip? i know its pretty much outdated now, but that's how i learned to play and will never change. though i do play 2handed on both forhand and backhand for fun. :)

nalbyvsfed
01-24-2009, 05:17 AM
count me in :), i play with vary spin d-tecs and a donic frame ( forgot what it was)

Micky
01-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Can you guys top this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dlubtu.jpg

nalbyvsfed
01-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Can you guys top this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dlubtu.jpg

i dont need that :shock:, paddle is enough :):-P

scraps234
01-24-2009, 06:11 AM
holy crap is there a ping pong warehouse???

hyogen
01-24-2009, 09:04 AM
what do you need wd-40 for?

william7gr
01-24-2009, 09:17 AM

He doesn't but it makes it look like he has more stuff :D

nalbyvsfed
01-24-2009, 09:48 AM
i've heard that the ittf is going to change the ball size( i live in the netherlands), when is this going to happen?

Micky
01-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Hola hyogen,

WD-40 takes the rubber oxide from the rubbers and makes them grippy again. I used it to revive tons of rubbers from my good friends. Rubbers are very expensive here.

Micky
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
He doesn't but it makes it look like he has more stuff :D

After more than five years of 3-4 hrs per day of semi-pro TT and I can tell you that I have had a ton more stuff than you see in the pic.

01-24-2009, 12:57 PM
nice stuff!! btw list updated.

william7gr
01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
After more than five years of 3-4 hrs per day of semi-pro TT and I can tell you that I have had a ton more stuff than you see in the pic.

I wish I could play for 3 hours a day.

am22fcw
01-25-2009, 01:18 PM
count me in we have ping pong intramurals at school and i go almost every day. ping pong is crazy fun.

hyogen
01-27-2009, 11:40 AM
what is your guy's longest rally? in recent memory mine is about 35 shots (total).

i added a new vid at the end of the OG thread: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=235471

;D

how do you guys warm up your paddles when you're gonna be playing in a cold garage? :o

Storm_Kyori
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
For you PP pros out there, what is a good paddle to get as a beginner? I would like a decent paddle that like in the middle with both good spin and power. I don't want to buy something cheap and then me leave it behind since my game has matured also my family isn't exactly into trying new things so they wouldn't hit with me anyway. I hit with a Stiga Tempest, it felt pretty good, and bare in minds guys I don't know about sponges and such i just want a good paddle than will give me a good run, I can play with it for long time and not feel like Ive outgrown it.

Micky
01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
For you PP pros out there, what is a good paddle to get as a beginner? I would like a decent paddle that like in the middle with both good spin and power. I don't want to buy something cheap and then me leave it behind since my game has matured also my family isn't exactly into trying new things so they wouldn't hit with me anyway. I hit with a Stiga Tempest, it felt pretty good, and bare in minds guys I don't know about sponges and such i just want a good paddle than will give me a good run, I can play with it for long time and not feel like Ive outgrown it.

Hola Storm,

I would say go for a Stiga Offensive Classic Cr "non" WRB. That is the blade that Wang Liqin uses. He has it as a Double Happiness ... with a paint job.

Go with Stiga Mendo 2.0mm both sides. Use the black one in your FH.

Noveson
01-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Oops posted in the other thread accidently after I followed the link. Here is what I said:

"Count me in. I am a ping pong junkie. Me and my friends had a tournament once where the highest seed in the current match gets to play on his own table.

I have a Butterfly Primorac blade, forgot the rubber(wasn't mine orginially)"

mdjenders
01-27-2009, 08:13 PM

Those Stiga premades aren't good for the money. It is like using a wal-mart racquet for tennis. I suggest you go to hyogen's "ping pong videos" thread (linked to earlier in this thread) and read my posts in there. I recommend a very good racquet (blade with rubber) + case setup for under $40. I use a racquet similar to this; it is a professional quality racquet you can use for a long, long time if taken care of properly!

beamjayman
01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Count me in! I play a one handed backhand-slice and flat and hit my forehand with topspin but flatten it out when I want to hit a winner. I play with a Stiga, not sure what model but it has sticky rubbers and says "tournament lien" on it lol. I put a gamma supreme overgrip on it hehe.

GeorgeLucas
01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey I'm totally in, man. I started playing ping pong when I was really young. In retrospect, I think I owe a lot of my "inherent" coordination to my early exposure to ping pong. I play often when I can, and I'm pretty good, but I don't have very good equipment - like the guy who shows up to a tournament with a Walmart Wilson Grand Slam and wins :)

iksmols
01-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I used to play during my younger years back in Poland.I competed on the junior level.My idol growing up was Andrzej Grubba RIP.I play with Grubba signature Butterfly.

02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
sorry for the delay but list updated

mdjenders
02-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I used to play during my younger years back in Poland.I competed on the junior level.My idol growing up was Andrzej Grubba RIP.I play with Grubba signature Butterfly.

Grubba was a legend! RIP indeed.