PDA

View Full Version : My game (video)

AsgerHO
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
I finally got some video footage of my game - not much, and the quality isnt that good, but thought somebody might wanted to have a look, and feel free to comment, if you have any feedback or critique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpqZQEZA88

NEW service Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYPkQIckcMA

Jonnyf
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Nice Video Asger.

ronalditop
01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
good strokes. what level are you?

AsgerHO
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, I have played some future events, only qualies though - else I donīt know how to describe it, cause we donīt have the same rating and stuff like in america

oneguy21
01-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Strokes look pretty good. Next time put the camera behind you so we can see where the ball is going.

GeorgeLucas
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Dude you're the boss. I don't even know how to critique you.

SmAsH999
01-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Dude you're the boss. I don't even know how to critique you.

it can't be done by anyone below 6.0

tennis_balla
01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Nice playing.
Its tough to critique a player at that level from that tape. What I'd be looking for if I saw you live is shot selection, where your balls are landing, your strengths and weaknesses and how you hide/utilize them, what sort of game you play and how you play on certain surfaces. It not really about strokes and stroke production and so on as those are pretty much established, but more of those little things. Difficult to judge because you can't see what your opponent is doing and where you're hitting but still overall good video.

AsgerHO
01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks a lot for all the nice words.
Ill try to shoot something from behind the court, so itīs possible to see more of the court movement and shot selection and placement etc

oneguy21
01-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks a lot for all the nice words.
Ill try to shoot something from behind the court, so itīs possible to see more of the court movement and shot selection and placement etc

Do you play tennis for a living?

AsgerHO
01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
No I donīt, unfortunately.
But I play a lot of national tournaments, and some future events when possible for school and stuff...

LeeD
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice stroking....
How is your movement late in matches?
Are you a few pounds overweight?
Everything looks fine.

AsgerHO
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Haha no Iīm not a few pounds overweight, does it look like that? :)
Iīm in pretty good shape if I am to say anything about it myself, so no I wouldnīt consider myself a few pounds overweight :)

Jonnyf
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Nice stroking....
Everything looks fine.

To be honest with you, I saw Asger over the summer. He's nowhere near overweight. His "pretty good shape" is an understatement. His footspeed is also rapid

Depressing :-(

:-D haha

LeeD
01-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, obviously, you're very strong.
Since I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs., you look much more muscular, and with the loose shirt, it's hard to tell.
I'd kill to get your legs when I was playing football in high school, some 35 years ago.

gastro54
01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice shots; you are clearly experienced

jayserinos99
01-21-2009, 10:10 PM
That's a great video. Quick footwork and solid groundstrokes. Your forehand is a little reminiscent of Thomas Enqvist; I'll bet you hit it as hard as he did too.

a-naik.1
01-21-2009, 10:25 PM
good strokes...the only thing i see from that angle is how you moved to the ball coming towards the net..just a little hesitant, but that is really the only thing..but overall you are a great player ;) ...also, get a video of all your strokes like volleys, overheads, etc. Best of luck! BTW..if you are wondering, I am a certified tennis pro at my local club..so i know a little something..lol

AsgerHO
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I have uploaded a new video, with some more groundstrokes, and volleys and serves as well
Please critique
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfI1CEwwnw

Jackie T. Stephens
01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I have uploaded a new video, with some more groundstrokes, and volleys and serves as well
Please critique

You removed the video...

AsgerHO
01-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry think itīs because itīs still processing, not because I removed it. Probably done in 5 mins time

lawlaw
01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Only one criticism. You seem to leave your left hand on the racquet handle for quite some time when you hit a backhand. What's that all about eh? ;)

Come to the one handed bh side!! you know you want to :D

a-naik.1
01-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Only one criticism. You seem to leave your left hand on the racquet handle for quite some time when you hit a backhand. What's that all about eh? ;)

Come to the one handed bh side!! you know you want to :D

lol the 1 hander looks sweet...it feels like i should take a picture every time i see one perfectly executed...but 2 hander is easier to hit, IMO :)

TokyopunK
01-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I am diggin the Norway techno music

Urza187
01-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Nice strokes. What is the song in your first video that you posted? I also like the use of Pjanoo :)

You have very solid strokes on the more serious point though. You are definitely better than I although I'd love to play against a player like you.

nadalfan!
01-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Are those bronze cage I's your wearing??? :D

VaBeachTennis
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice stroking....
Everything looks fine.

I don't think he's overweight, he's just a pretty big dude. Nice video.

VaBeachTennis
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Please critique

Nice footwork in this video....relaxed and mobile at the same time.

AsgerHO
01-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Are those bronze cage I's your wearing??? :D

Yep, true - itīs the bronze cages. Pretty good shoe, but almost worn out, unfortunately :)

Nellie
01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
I feel that your left foot is stepping too early during the backhand. To my eye, you are trying to recover too early during the shot, causing you to swing around, and not through the ball. Try holding the backhand for a split second after contact (in the kiss the bicep position) before your step foreward with the left leg. I would also work on that forehand slice or not hit it. I think most guys now hit horehand approach shots with power because the forehand slice is a lost shot.

AsgerHO
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I feel that your left foot is stepping too early during the backhand. To my eye, you are trying to recover too early during the shot, causing you to swing around, and not through the ball. Try holding the backhand for a split second after contact (in the kiss the bicep position) before your step foreward with the left leg. I would also work on that forehand slice or not hit it. I think most guys now hit horehand approach shots with power because the forehand slice is a lost shot.

Thanks - Iīve been working really hard on the backhand, and it has become better, but I couldnīt agree more on the fact that I need to get more trhough the ball. Thatīs what Iīm trying to improve at the moment. So hopefully it will be better before too long.

Iīm not sure what you mean by forehand slices? If you refer to the two in the point play, then it is dropshots. I donīt do forehand slices unless Iīm in massive defence.

beckham
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Very nice game AsgerHO. How would you classify your game ex: allcourter, counter pucher, serve and volley?? You seemed to use a nice slice dropshot a bit...very nice!!!-thanks for sharing.

a-naik.1
01-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice video, and nellie basically said what needs to be said..lol...one more thing, your backhand volleys is another shot you might want to work on... on your forehand volley you do a great job of coming out more and if you improve that on your backhand volley side you can then have a more variation with the slice volley you have. If you come out more on you bh side then you create those hard to get angles which can drive some players mad.

Djokovicfan4life
01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Great stuff. Let me guess, your forehand is your stronger wing? It looks massive.

AsgerHO
01-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Nice video, and nellie basically said what needs to be said..lol...one more thing, your backhand volleys is another shot you might want to work on... on your forehand volley you do a great job of coming out more and if you improve that on your backhand volley side you can then have a more variation with the slice volley you have. If you come out more on you bh side then you create those hard to get angles which can drive some players mad.

True - thatīs the other thing, for sure. I can see myself that I donīt get that much forward on my bh .volley as opposed to my forehand volley.
And maybe use my left arm a bit more?

AsgerHO
01-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Great stuff. Let me guess, your forehand is your stronger wing? It looks massive.

Good guess :)
Thats definetely my best shot, probably along with the serve

a-naik.1
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
True - thatīs the other thing, for sure. I can see myself that I donīt get that much forward on my bh .volley as opposed to my forehand volley.
And maybe use my left arm a bit more?

Well, just a bit more, you can't do much with your left arm, just try to meet the ball a little more out in front instead of letting it get to close to you, because when it gets close to you, you are almost forced to hit the slice bh volley. you can use 2 hands on the bh, i started using 2 hands on my bh volley because of the fact that i have more control and angles that way.

AsgerHO
01-29-2009, 05:08 AM
So a third part is now on youtube - made some better footage on my serve, which has been the stroke Iīve been most concerned about - so please critique

I know about the footfault though :D
And sorry about the first weird sound, just thought it would be fun :)

Djokovicfan4life
01-29-2009, 06:01 AM
That serve is Llubicic-esque, minus the foot faults of course. :)

Nellie
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
I really like the way you are hitting up at the ball. It seems to me, however, that you should be tossing slightly further into the court, so that you are pushing up and into the court. Right now, the ball toss is right at the service line, and your body is not moving forward at all.

AsgerHO
01-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I really like the way you are hitting up at the ball. It seems to me, however, that you should be tossing slightly further into the court, so that you are pushing up and into the court. Right now, the ball toss is right at the service line, and your body is not moving forward at all.

You couldnīt be more right :)
That has always been my biggest issue concerning the serve, and Iīm working so hard to try and get it more forward, but it is really hard when you have a routine, and you have been using to do the same thing for a long time.
So Iīm not sure how to fix it,. so advice would be much appreciated

MTXR
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Foot fault on every one of those serves... do you get away with that in tournament play?

HeadPrestige
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I finally got some video footage of my game - not much, and the quality isnt that good, but thought somebody might wanted to have a look, and feel free to comment, if you have any feedback or critique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpqZQEZA88

NEW service Video

In your 2nd video... it looks like you are foot faulting on almost every serve... unless it is the angle.

LeeD
01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Only saw 4 serves, total of 4 footfaults.
Can cure it if you just point the foot more into the court to begin the motion, and standing back the appropriate amount, of course.
Just me, I don't advocate Sampra's heel toe movement because it CAN become foot faults on stress points. I say keep the front foot planted, then move up with the swing.

JMS
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes as others have mentioned you foot fault each time.

Djokovicfan4life
01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
it can't be done by anyone below 6.0

Come on, really? I hate to break it to you man, but plenty of great coaches are 4.0 level players. There are also plenty of 7.0s that can't teach their way out of a paper bag.

AsgerHO
01-29-2009, 11:02 PM
As I mentioned - I know about the footfaults, and I donīt usually do it, so its not an issue in tournament play.

Anyone got anything not concerning footfaults :)

maratsafin5
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I actually do think you are 5.5-6.0...very clean hitting.

a-naik.1
01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I actually do think you are 5.5-6.0...very clean hitting.

yeah... 5.5 easily.

LeeD
01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, for sure you can add another easy 5mph to your serves if you moved into the court farther, with a toss to match.
Seems your toss, if you let it drop, is barely 18" inside the baseline. You can toss another 10" farther into the court, and make your body move in exactly that much, and get better pace AND angle, since your strike point would be closer to the service line, giving you more angles.

bugmenot
01-31-2009, 12:16 PM
*currently retired as a player

Told ya guys, GWB went on to brag about how he's gotten so good in one-two month and would kill BallinBob and said "I did what i had to do" meaning he could play tennis again.

Now look at his sig. Pathetic! He never stops with the lies :)

Slicendicer
01-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Come on, really? I hate to break it to you man, but plenty of great coaches are 4.0 level players. There are also plenty of 7.0s that can't teach their way out of a paper bag.

Can you say Nick Bollettieri?

Slicendicer
01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
yeah... 5.5 easily.

Is there more than one rating system? Cause the 5.5 USTA I played a few years ago... he isn't close to playing that yet.

Jonnyf
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Is there more than one rating system? Cause the 5.5 USTA I played a few years ago... he isn't close to playing that yet.

Well, futures qualies, we'll call it "hitting partner" to a 17year old who played the European championships this year and, playing the top guys in his country-lost something like 7-5 6-4 to someone who played Davis cup as recently as 2005. 5.5s possibly an understatement.

Slicendicer
02-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, futures qualies, we'll call it "hitting partner" to a 17year old who played the European championships this year and, playing the top guys in his country-lost something like 7-5 6-4 to someone who played Davis cup as recently as 2005. 5.5s possibly an understatement.

I played guys playing futures qualifiers, they couldn't win at 5.5 in Atlanta. My hitting partner in college has wins over Nadal, Nalbandian, Robredo, Ferrer, was #3 in Spain, took sets off of Moya on clay in '99. He played 5.5.

The OP isn't close to winning at 5.5, yet.

fluffy Beaver
02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
I played guys playing futures qualifiers, they couldn't win at 5.5 in Atlanta. My hitting partner in college has wins over Nadal, Nalbandian, Robredo, Ferrer, was #3 in Spain, took sets off of Moya on clay in '99. He played 5.5.

The OP isn't close to winning at 5.5, yet.

Then your hitting partner is not a 5.5, he is a 7.0 :shock:

beckham
02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Possibly your follow through on the serve, maybe let it carry under your left arm/around your side more if this would do much. Very nice though. =)

Slicendicer
02-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Then your hitting partner is not a 5.5, he is a 7.0 :shock:

He was at one time 600-700 in the world singles. 2-1 v Nadal (including a bagel set) on clay in 2002... anyway, the guys I played were much better than me. I played line 5 at 5.5 and won 30% of my matches. The tennis in Atlanta is strong, there should be a universal rating system.

fluffy Beaver
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
He was at one time 600-700 in the world singles. 2-1 v Nadal (including a bagel set) on clay in 2002... anyway, the guys I played were much better than me. I played line 5 at 5.5 and won 30% of my matches. The tennis in Atlanta is strong, there should be a universal rating system.

Played at TCU tonight with 4.0?? guys. It was fun. If anybody would like to hit Sunday or one evening next week, let me know. My cardio was poor, but I was striking the ball pretty well, I think I can hang with 4.0-4.5.
Thanks-

I'm confused, is your other post saying you can hang with 4.0-4.5 sarcasm or what?

Slicendicer
02-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm confused, is your other post saying you can hang with 4.0-4.5 sarcasm or what?

Nope. I had a serious back injury and was layed up for 10 months with no exercise. During my rehab time, I gained a bunch of weight and lost alot of conditioning. I picked up a racquet for the 1st time in over 2 years 4 days ago. At 6'2" 280lbs I can play 4.0-4.5 singles, thats pretty good considering. I just can't move to good, and my cardio is really bad. I'll hopefully get back to 75% of what I was in a years time. Thankyou for your concern.

Azzurri
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Told ya guys, GWB went on to brag about how he's gotten so good in one-two month and would kill BallinBob and said "I did what i had to do" meaning he could play tennis again.

Now look at his sig. Pathetic! He never stops with the lies :)

you sure know alot about GWB considering you barely post here (until recently). I am gonna find out who you are. why don't you leave the kid alone and stop pestering people.