PDA

View Full Version : will m2 go dead fast?

tsongaali
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I hate polys that go dead fast cause I don't break them fast enough (play 2 time s a week in the winter) and I end up getting really sore when using dead poly. Do you think I can break the m2 pro if I play every day for 2 hours besides weekends? I hit medium spin but with lots of power

Nanshiki
01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
No, but it loses tension pretty badly after about... 20 minutes. You should string it much higher.

IMO, $1 a set Forten tournament nylon plays better than M2, which will probably be $12-14 a set, although the strings move and it doesn't last long.

If you don't have a stringing machine, get one.

furyoku_tennis
01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
the M2 sounds like a failed string. i've been hearing a lot of complaints and not so much praise.

tennisfreak15347
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
if it will be priced at $12, then it will be in the competing price range of Pro Redcode. I might even consider buying it.

Blade0324
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I have actually found that it is holding tension pretty well. I strung it up at 59, 61 in my MGPP and it did lose some tension over the first few days and couple of hitting sessions and since has settled in pretty nicely. It is a little over 2 weeks on the stringjob and starting to fray a little, which is weird for a poly but still seems to be hitting quite nicely. I actually find it to be a good string and am considering making it one of my strings of choice depending on the price.

miniRafa386
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
yea i liked my set. ive only played with it once, but it feels like a pretty good poly.

PROTENNIS63
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
if it will be priced at $12, then it will be in the competing price range of Pro Redcode. I might even consider buying it.

I doubt it will be priced that low. It has to be priced somewhat like Fluoro.

BTW, Fluoro is now $18.25 a set. :shock:

Huge ripoff!!!

Azzurri
01-23-2009, 09:30 AM
the M2 sounds like a failed string. i've been hearing a lot of complaints and not so much praise.

On this site? I know the Hollowcore got roasted, but the M2 got mostly good reviews. I just strung my PT 280 up last night based on the realtively good reviews. I sold my HC strings because that string got the poor reviews. Are you sure you are not confusing the strings? Where are the ppor reviews...would like to read them. Thanks.:)

nationals
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I doubt it will be priced that low. It has to be priced somewhat like Fluoro.

BTW, Fluoro is now $18.25 a set. :shock:

Huge ripoff!!!

These two m2 strings are available on ********, and are 19.25 per set!!!!!! Luxilons most expensive string at the moment

am22fcw
01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
No, but it loses tension pretty badly after about... 20 minutes. You should string it much higher.

IMO, $1 a set Forten tournament nylon plays better than M2, which will probably be $12-14 a set, although the strings move and it doesn't last long.

If you don't have a stringing machine, get one.

it does lose tension really really......really fast. once it goes it almost becomes unplayable. i have used it around 10 times strung in my k95 originally at either 64 or 66 its in my sig but i cant think of it at the moment. i played with it for the last time yesterday as i am going to cut it out today. dont get me wrong i actually like the string. it plays really well when its fresh to around 4-5 hitting sessions. when i played yesterday, i had to come to the net more often because i was sending balls behing the baseline with my normal groundstrokes.

If the M2 was priced in the 12-13 dollar range i would definitley use it. but if its 19.25 then i dont think its worth it...

persondudething
01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I've heard this string is similar in composition to gamma zo. How do these two strings compare on the court? I like m2 so far but almost $20 a set is ridiculous.

Jackie T. Stephens
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
That's why I use Synthetic baby!!