PDA

View Full Version : will this break my racquet

datennisboy87
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
my racquet is cracked right above the grip (bottom throat). Will restringing it put a lot of stress on it? Im not sure if it will have any affect because when stringing you don't clamp in that area so in theory it shouldn't break right? Also its a kblade and 3 of them have broken in the same spot without me throwing it. I need these racquets to last like 3 more restringings.:?

the wise wizard
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
if its cracked for sure, dont restring it. that could be a mess if it breaks on the machine

datennisboy87
01-21-2009, 05:37 PM
well because its not near where it is clamped idk. I guess it depends where the pressure is distributed...

Max Winther
01-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry but they're done. How'd all 3 of them break in the same spot? You may be able to get a warranty out of it from Wilson.

datennisboy87
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I really have no idea how all three broke...
On one of them I ripped a forehand crosscourt and thought that I broke a string but the racquet cracked...
Long story short I didn't see the small crack so in a tournament I hit a ball with it and half flies to opponent side

also, I super glued these two

and on another note, the kblade is all foam on the inside... what happened to the karophite black or whatever?

Max Winther
01-21-2009, 06:27 PM
wow, thats bad. I would definetly send Wilson an email. Make sure you keep all 3 racquets. I'm sure you'll probably get something in return, hopefully a few new frames. And most graphite racquets are foam filled because it decreases shock. Karophite Black I believe is the type of graphite Wilson uses. So yeah, send wilson an email and pictures of all your cracked racquets.

Zhou
01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Usually you can contact Wilson and if they broke within the year warranty, they will give you new frames.

lawlitssoo1n
01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
wait do u string ur own rackets? if so, do u string ur mains and then leave them without stringing the crosses? cuz i heard that it can be harmfully to ur frames