PDA

View Full Version : Rafa's hair

Rickson
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone else notice it thinning on top?

R_Federer
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
LoL you noticed this now? It was always thin ever since he came. Plus he keeps it REALLY long, so it is going to fall out even faster. Ala we have an Agassi in the making.

Rickson
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
It honestly wasn't noticeably thin when he was a teen, but there's a lot of scalp showing these days.

R_Federer
01-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Ya his hair is really thin but I wont mock it. Hair loss is a really depressing thing for a man, though I haven't had it yet still scares me when I will :|.

Rickson
01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm not mocking his hair loss at all. I'm just wondering why he doesn't keep a shorter due as it'll help it look less thin. BTW, I know shaving doesn't help nor does it accelerate hair loss, but isn't it strange that almost every athlete who shaves his head goes totally bald? Michael Jordan, Andre Agassi, Luke Jensen.

Milan
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
he could get a hair transplant surgery.. im pretty sure if he cared he could do it... he has enough money...

TheMusicLover
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm not mocking his hair loss at all. I'm just wondering why he doesn't keep a shorter due as it'll help it look less thin. BTW, I know shaving doesn't help nor does it accelerate hair loss, but isn't it strange that almost every athlete who shaves his head goes totally bald? Michael Jordan, Andre Agassi, Luke Jensen.

How about thinking it might well be the other way round? ;)

Nothing wrong with Rafa's hair, fellows. Chill.

R_Federer
01-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Ya they go bald before they shave their head usually...or they pretty much know they are about to go bald so just shave their head.

By the way if your hair is getting thin you should shave your head a few times and let your hair grow back. Shaving the head strengthens hair. Also should do a hot oil treatment once a week.

Rickson
01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Contrary to popular belief, shaving your hair does not make it thicker. Fortunately, it doesn't make it thinner either which is what the other half believe.

R_Federer
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Contrary to popular belief, shaving your hair does not make it thicker. Fortunately, it doesn't make it thinner either which is what the other half believe.

Really? Hmmm I always thought it does make the hair thicker. Like when a baby is born his/her hair is really thin...that's why you shave his/her hair quite a lot while they are infants and eventually they get stronger.

But maybe you're right :confused:. Anyways, I agree he should keep it shorter, since he doesnt have the thickest hair in the world.

Alesi
01-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Why does keeping the hair long make it thin faster? I'm 24 and have similar hair length to Nadal, but no thinning whatsover (a few greys though :?) kinda has me thinking if I should cut it a little...

Rickson
01-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Wearing the hair long does not affect the thickness and neither does shaving.

click here (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/AN00638)

edmondsm
01-21-2009, 09:04 PM

That's because we see it coming before everyone else and take evasive action. I was depressed when I realized I was going bald, but now I realize it was one of the greatest things ever. I get a hair cut once a month from my girlfriend, it takes like 5 minutes. No more bed-head, no more hat-hair. I never liked dealing with my dew anyway so personally I love it.

Kirko
01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Really? Hmmm I always thought it does make the hair thicker. Like when a baby is born his/her hair is really thin...that's why you shave his/her hair quite a lot while they are infants and eventually they get stronger.

But maybe you're right :confused:. Anyways, I agree he should keep it shorter, since he doesnt have the thickest hair in the world.

old wives tale shave a baby's head on his 1st yr. under a full moon to prevent hair loss, with that being said very few adult guys keep their hair very unlikely.

Milan
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
as said before he wants to keep his hair he could get a hair transplant. same with agassi. theire like 5 grand nowadays.. its not even an issue

Rickson
01-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I guess it's spelled do. Oh well.

edmondsm
01-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I guess it's spelled do. Oh well.

Is it? Whoops. That's one of those words you have to be careful with. "Dealing with my dew" could be interpreted to mean.....

Rickson
01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
I spelled it due and you spelled it dew. I thought you were talking about the soft drink. What did you mean?

halalula1234
01-22-2009, 12:01 AM
yes it looks awfully thin.
He might suffer baldness when hes older. still he doesnt need hair to look good.

leonardtay
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Too much male hormones makes a man prone to baldness... keeping it long increases the stress on the root hence making it prone to dropping... post count increasing observations...

SempreSami
01-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Surely having it under that bandana for hours makes the parting look a bit more drastic than normal.

Forehand Forever
01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree with SempreSami but I also remember this topic coming up maybe a year ago. It was said that Nadal wets his hair before he goes out playing so that makes it look thinner as well.

albino smurf
01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
IMO worrying about hair is for women.

Element54
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah I've noticed that - but I thought it was the natural scalp "showing" through because of all the sweat and stuff. It does look like its thinning yes.

pound cat
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
He looks a lot better the his hair shorter. It doesn't have that wet, greasy look when he's playing and his wide part doesn't look wide anymore.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/image/upload_103c2487_11ef93338e0__7ffb_00000008.jpg

lawlaw
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
If he has a head shape that lends itself to a cropped/shaven style then he is golden. Worries.

I am quite sure that the hair transplants will look RIDICULOUS! John Travolta certainly has a few more pennies than Nadal but his plugs look suspicious at best.