PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike

aj_m2009
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Do you know what the game Counter Strike is? If you do, explain what it is.

hampshire6
02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
only the best multi player ever. It started as a patch for half life and booom the rest is history. google it and you will have some answers.

goober
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
only the best multi player ever. It started as a patch for half life and booom the rest is history. google it and you will have some answers.

Sure it is the best multiplayer ever if you like slow first person shooter games where camping is rewarded. :D

not my cup of tea

ffrpg
02-23-2005, 08:36 PM
It's a first person shooter that a lot of people waste their time on. My friends are obsessed with that game and play it 24/7. It's quite sad.

aj_m2009
02-23-2005, 08:38 PM
I don't really know anything about on-line games. The only games I really play are nintendo(yes, the old one), Sega Genesis, and N64 games. I don't really play on-line games, so a lot of this stuff you guys talk about to me, it's like your talking to a brick wall. I don't know what they are and neither does a brick wall.

goober
02-23-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't really know anything about on-line games. The only games I really play are nintendo(yes, the old one), Sega Genesis, and N64 games. I don't really play on-line games, so a lot of this stuff you guys talk about to me, it's like your talking to a brick wall. I don't know what they are and neither does a brick wall.

Dude your stuck in like the early 90s and late 80s. Wasn't the Sega Genesis a 16 bit system? I am playing my games in 1600x1200 resolution with real time voice communications with other players all over the country and even foreign countries.

hampshire6
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
what do you play goober

raftermania
02-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Why pursue a university degree, a career or a family when you can achieve so much more in the world of warcraft???

aj_m2009
02-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah goober, I think it is a 16 bit, I even have an atari but I don't play that really. Unfortunately I have never really been able to buy any new systems so I just play the tennis games for those systems. I mainly play Mario Tennis for N64 and Gameboy, and then I play Racket Attack and Tennis for Nintendo.

goober
02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
what do you play goober

Currently- Unreal Tournament 2004 and some quake 3. I use to play them all the time, but now I try to play tennis instead. It is much healthier :D

goober
02-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Why pursue a university degree, a career or a family when you can achieve so much more in the world of warcraft???

lol
True dat. Take your 64th level paladin to the bank. :D

gmlasam
02-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Do you know what the game Counter Strike is? If you do, explain what it is.
Yes I do. Its a mod for the original half life. I remember playing CS when it first came out back around 98. Other great mods for HL also, like TFC and DOD.

aj_m2009
02-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Yes I do. Its a mod for the original half life. I remember playing CS when it first came out back around 98. Other great mods for HL also, like TFC and DOD.

Again, you are talking to a brick wall. I have absolutely no clue as to what you just said.

skittles
02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
i think anyone over 13 shouldnt be wasting their time playing online games... alot of the people i know at school are pretty lame... they iether watch anime all the time and act out or mimic the characters mind you they are.. from sop****res-seniors.. well newayz... or they play online games/console games all day... kinda childish/pathetic... im not s aying this to be messed up.. but GROW UP!

raftermania
02-23-2005, 11:35 PM
nonono, it's messed up bro.

A lot of people need outlets to get away from reality and anime/online worlds provides them with these outlets. The problem is a lot of people go overkill and prioritize the fantasy world over the real world. That's when things get ugly.

"Hey, I may have failed my calculus exam, but check this out bro! I beat the Blood Nazgul, got the Serpent's blade with 2000 attack points and reached my personal best: level 58!!! Nobody can defeat my Amazon mage, I'm invincible!!!"
-Roger Federer, before he become #1 in the world

"Before I couldn't focus at all in tennis -- I was losing to Minars and Forgets. Since then I've asked Mirka to remove all recreational software from my hard disk. Now I'm #1 in the world and serving everybody cans of whoop *****."
-Roger Federer, 2005

What's the moral kids? The moral is, you've got a million to one chance of having the talent to be #1 in the world, so give it up, you have a better chance trying to become #1 in the world in Top Spin tennis for the XBOX. If that doesn't work, live with your parents for the rest of your life and leech off them.

*Never follow raftermania's advice, unless it's about ladies :wink: :wink:

gmlasam
02-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Again, you are talking to a brick wall. I have absolutely no clue as to what you just said.
Perhaps, this may help http://www.planethalflife.com/

hampshire6
02-24-2005, 07:44 AM
welll its the winter so I usualy play cs on the LAN with other kids in my dorm during study breaks. I suck though but its fun when others suck at it too. Im definatly not a "gamer". But cs is a good break. that and ping pong. And doing it. Uh huh.

lemurballs
02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Counter Strike isnt even that good. CS:S is meh.

snowpuppy
02-24-2005, 05:04 PM
It is the name of the game that i just deleted from my harddrive

Agent Orynge
02-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll tell you what though, playing CS is more fun (and infinitely less exhausting) then doing the real thing. I'm no counter-terrorist, but in the 82nd airborne infantry clearing buildings and MOUT are our bread and butter, and it's no walk in the park.

matchpoints
02-24-2005, 09:45 PM
it's the game that wasted many of my college hours/school bandwidth, and also made my girlfriend jealous for my time, well....ex-gf now. It's also more addicting then any crack out there....

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, at least I am not the only one who doesn't know what Counter Strike is. So far it sounds like it is kinda like an army game or something that has to do with that, am I correct?

PHSTennis
03-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I enjoy Counter Strike best game ever.. I have a 3.5+ plan to take Pre-Calculus, English 4, Economics AP, American Government AP, Phyics AP, Physiology, Biology AP, for my senior year in high school... I play games all day.. I get through fine! SO THE GAME... Basically its a First Person Shooter Game Aka FPS.. theres a terrorist team and a counter terrorist... you just run and shoot the other team and kill them I guess... its really fun.. try it you ll love it..

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Sounds kinda dumb.

gmlasam
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Sounds kinda dumb.
What video, console, computer games do you play?

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Mario Tennis for Game Boy and N64 and Super Jeopardy, Racket Attack, and Tennis for Nintendo.

**And for computer I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 and US Open 2002. I also have an Atari and Sega Genesis but I don't really play them that often**

matchpoints
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Mario Tennis for Game Boy and N64 and Super Jeopardy, Racket Attack, and Tennis for Nintendo.

**And for computer I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 and US Open 2002. I also have an Atari and Sega Genesis but I don't really play them that often**

I'm sure others are thinking what I'm thinking. Let's just have a moment of silence....

aj_m2009
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm sure others are thinking what I'm thinking. Let's just have a moment of silence....

Why do we need a moment of silence?

ShooterMcMarco
03-02-2005, 12:11 AM
i like CS, but guys, its all about STARCRAFT. 6 zergling rush = gg no re

aj_m2009
03-02-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't know what that game is either. And what is with the face Federer is making in your avatar Shooter?

gmlasam
03-02-2005, 05:13 AM
i like CS, but guys, its all about STARCRAFT. 6 zergling rush = gg no re
starcraft is an excellent game. Very addicting. I can't wait for Starcraft 2 to come out. If you like starcraft, you will probably like WarHammer 40,000 Dawn of War. Check it out HERE!!! (http://www.dawnofwargame.com/homepage.php)

ShooterMcMarco
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know what that game is either. And what is with the face Federer is making in your avatar Shooter?

during a henman match in january, i guess he was recieving a serve. yeah, its a funny lookin picture, i have the full size pic,
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/shootermcmarco/funnyfederer.jpg

skittles
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I enjoy Counter Strike best game ever.. I have a 3.5+ plan to take Pre-Calculus, English 4, Economics AP, American Government AP, Phyics AP, Physiology, Biology AP, for my senior year in high school... I play games all day.. I get through fine! SO THE GAME... Basically its a First Person Shooter Game Aka FPS.. theres a terrorist team and a counter terrorist... you just run and shoot the other team and kill them I guess... its really fun.. try it you ll love it..

You're a quitter... you have never taken an honors class nor have you taken any classes that required more of the average person... Physics Ap is only for Calculus students... and dude... sorry to tell you but... if you think you're going to do well in these classes think again. each class requires atleast 1-2 hours from you everyday. You got through hs just fine because you had easy classes such as pre alg-geometry? and then you have bio cp junior year... I say the only ap u take is american gov/econ honors...3.5+ plan??? you mean gpa??? haha DUDE thats funny esp since you never classes that met uc/sc requirements that are not basic **** like alg1 and language/english and spanish. come on Jimmy you want a 3.5+... stick with am/econ honors as your only ap classes next year. That plan will never work.

gmlasam
03-02-2005, 10:20 PM
You're a quitter... you have never taken an honors class nor have you taken any classes that required more of the average person... Physics Ap is only for Calculus students... and dude... sorry to tell you but... if you think you're going to do well in these classes think again. each class requires atleast 1-2 hours from you everyday. You got through hs just fine because you had easy classes such as pre alg-geometry? and then you have bio cp junior year... I say the only ap u take is american gov/econ honors...3.5+ plan??? you mean gpa??? haha DUDE thats funny esp since you never classes that met uc/sc requirements that are not basic **** like alg1 and language/english and spanish. come on Jimmy you want a 3.5+... stick with am/econ honors as your only ap classes next year. That plan will never work.
Hmmm...sounds like you guys no eachother outside TW.

raftermania
03-03-2005, 09:53 AM

...counter-terrorist wins

chief78
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
anyone play halo? it kicks ***.

Baseline Basher
03-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Have none of you ever heard of Halo or Halo 2? Get off the stupid courts and start living a real fake life. My goodness. And yes, I do know what COunter-Strike is. I'll play Halo 2 over it, thank you very much.