PDA

View Full Version : forehand backswing sells subscriptions

pushing_wins
01-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Your Forehand and the Modern Forehand: The Backswing Part 2 John Yandell

Does anyone really understand the amazing array of movements and rotations that we call the backswing on the pro forehand? Apparently not. Because when I decided to dig into the high speed footage and really look at different players frame by frame, none of the previous explanations accounted for what I saw. Wait, the backswing is supposed to be simple, right? Just get the racket back early! Make a nice loop. Maybe close the racket face a little at the top to be trendy like the pros. The only thing I can say is: ignorance can be bliss. But if you really want to understand what the top pros do--and why the top pros are all are so different--and what ideas and motions you should incorporate and apply yourself--well then, this is your article. One of the most personally satisfying articles I've done in a while.

fool me once, fool me twice ..........blah blah forgot how the quote goes

f off, i want off the mailing list.

removing past subscriber from your mailing list should be AUTOMATIC

save your money, paypal me , i will show you the light, oh yeah, for another monthly subscription, u get the secret of day trading

Bungalo Bill
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Your Forehand and the Modern Forehand: The Backswing Part 2 John Yandell

Does anyone really understand the amazing array of movements and rotations that we call the backswing on the pro forehand? Apparently not. Because when I decided to dig into the high speed footage and really look at different players frame by frame, none of the previous explanations accounted for what I saw. Wait, the backswing is supposed to be simple, right? Just get the racket back early! Make a nice loop. Maybe close the racket face a little at the top to be trendy like the pros. The only thing I can say is: ignorance can be bliss. But if you really want to understand what the top pros do--and why the top pros are all are so different--and what ideas and motions you should incorporate and apply yourself--well then, this is your article. One of the most personally satisfying articles I've done in a while.

f off, i want off the mailing list

Before I begin to bury you, what are you gassing about? Are we suppose to learn from you now?

Do you have the upper hand and can lead us to the Holy Grail of forehands? I hope you do get your subscription taking away. All you sound like is a person frustrated with his little game who cant hit a forehand.

The forehand is amazingly simple to learn, watch, teach and excluding the little "personal" differences players have, amazingly satisfying.

Maybe you can write an article for us to laugh at. Please teach us the forehand, I could use a good laugh.

LeeD
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess we all learn differently.
Some need it broken down, analysed, dissected, inputed, THEN comes ONE forehand out of the machine.
Other's just head for the baseline, move over to the ball and hit nice smooth strokes over and over again.
Since I don't like the first method, I have to adopt something closer to the second.
My forehand is bad because I can't do ONE pushup...front deltoid injuries, several dislocations, a handful of separations, and 3 clavicle breaks on the hitting side.

pushing_wins
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Before I begin to bury you, what are you gassing about? Are we suppose to learn from you now?

Do you have the upper hand and can lead us to the Holy Grail of forehands? I hope you do get your subscription taking away. All you sound like is a person frustrated with his little game who cant hit a forehand.

The forehand is amazingly simple to learn, watch, teach and excluding the little "personal" differences players have, amazingly satisfying.

Maybe you can write an article for us to laugh at. Please teach us the forehand, I could use a good laugh.

entertain me old man

get a real job

drop shot/lob, you would get 2 games off me.

Bungalo Bill
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
entertain me old man

get a real job

drop shot/lob, you would get 2 games off me.

Oh by no means can I measure up to your explanation on how to hit a forehand. Go ahead, you were the one that cut things down. Surely you must have a better way.

Please entertain us. Teach us all how to hit a forehand and please go on about your nonsense.

Or do you know how to teach a forehand? Uhhhhh, duuuhhhhhh....lol!

JohnYandell
01-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Sounds like someone is having a bad day--or maybe a bad life.

Send me your email--it would be my sincere pleasure to take you off the newsletter list.

jyandell@tennisplayer.net

Bungalo Bill
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Send me your email--it would be my sincere pleasure to take you off the newsletter list.

This is the same guy that demands everyone to provide their "credentials". However, he doesn't provide his own.

[osu]ilovecows
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Seriously? You're complaining on a message board about a subscription-a very good one might I add-that YOU VOLUNTARILY subscribed to? How does this at all belong on tennis tips and instruction???? This thread is pathetic, I hope a mod sees this and moves it to where it belongs.

pushing_wins
01-24-2009, 10:31 AM
This is the same guy that demands everyone to provide their "credentials". However, he doesn't provide his own.

yeah, but i dont dish out advice

pushing_wins
01-24-2009, 10:31 AM

sucky sucky

pushing_wins
01-24-2009, 10:32 AM

bmoc, i have a website

a bit defensive, arent we john?

JohnYandell
01-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey you brought it up. I thought you wanted off the list. The last thing I want is to send info to the unreceptive.

Bud
01-24-2009, 12:20 PM
bmoc, i have a website

a bit defensive, arent we john?

If you have an issue with him or his newsletter, take it up with him directly instead of crapping up the forums, here.

01-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Not sure what all the fuss is about here, but Yandell is an innovative leader in tennis instruction methods and puts out one of the best products of it's kind. No, not every article or vid, is not going to be your cup of tea, but there is a lifetime of really good stuff on his site. Odd that the one article you mention is one that I was not so happy with as well, but the site as a whole is quite incredible and is a steal when it comes to value received.

I find that his tact and respect shown to the tennis public really sets him apart, even when challenged in less than tactful ways like we see in this thread. He seems to understand how progress in this sport is a process, not a destination. I have questioned and challenged articles and conclusions of the site on several occasions, always to be met with considerate respect. Sometimes I wonder how he continues to do it when I read comments like the ones above.

JohnYandell
01-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks and I glad to hear that I was respectful...I do lose it occassionally like anyone. But basically responses like yours have over the last few years given me a lot of confidence that we are heading the right direction. And I agree completely that not every article is for everyone. But in most cases every article is for someone. That's one thing I really about the site--the diversity. So I try to just focus on what I believe and stick to that. I think pushin' is probably a kid if an obnoxious one so I can't get too wanked up over that. Would love to take him off the list though if anyone has his email.

VaBeachTennis
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey you brought it up. I thought you wanted off the list. The last thing I want is to send info to the unreceptive.

Wow, I thought the guy was joking, but he's actually serious................ Aren't you a published author John??? What has the guy knocking you published??? Keep up the great work John.

JohnYandell
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks. Like I said not too worried about, but don't think he deserves to get the free newsletter, that's all.

pushing_wins
01-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow, I thought the guy was joking, but he's actually serious................ Aren't you a published author John??? What has the guy knocking you published??? Keep up the great work John.

sucky sucky

jasoncho92
01-26-2009, 12:41 AM
sucky sucky
So let me get this straight, you try to put together a logical argument in which you try to discredit someone who is ascribed to a number of great tips and a great website about tennis, and your retort is made up of nothing but "sucky sucky?" Im about 90% sure that if i didnt put this sentence predicting you will respond to this post with "sucky sucky," you would have done so. I dont recall any stupid posts or threads from you before this, so this is quite a surprise for me.

Bungalo Bill
01-26-2009, 06:21 AM
yeah, but i dont dish out advice

Well Einstein you just did. Also, you do offer advice here which ends up being nonsense anyway. By posting this, you are advising people that they are foolish to subscribe to John Yandell's site and you implying you can do it better. Or does the words "giving advice" not apply to you when you feel like chiming in with your nonsense?

When you form an opinion and provide a different way for people you are in essence giving advice. You wrote:

"Does anyone really understand the amazing array of movements and rotations that we call the backswing on the pro forehand? Apparently not. Because when I decided to dig into the high speed footage and really look at different players frame by frame, none of the previous explanations accounted for what I saw.

Wait, the backswing is supposed to be simple, right? Just get the racket back early! Make a nice loop. Maybe close the racket face a little at the top to be trendy like the pros. The only thing I can say is: ignorance can be bliss. But if you really want to understand what the top pros do--and why the top pros are all are so different--and what ideas and motions you should incorporate and apply yourself--well then, this is your article. One of the most personally satisfying articles I've done in a while.

f off, i want off the mailing list

save your money, paypal me , i will show you the light, oh yeah, for another monthly subscription, u get the secret of day trading"

Please provide your article if you are serious. And the day trading thing? Are you kidding? Can you provide your credentials, your historical performance in both up and down markets? Are you a broker or are you on your own? Please tell me you werent serious about that. LOL!!!

In fact, if you are giving investment advice, here are a few definitions of what "advice" means:

1) Advice is a form of relating personal opinions, belief systems, personal values and recommendations about certain situations relayed in some context to another person, group or party often offered as a guide to action and/or conduct.

2) An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel; : Deliberate consideration; knowledge; Information or notice given ...

3)According to the rules of golf, advice is "any counsel or suggestion made by one golfer to another about the choice of club, method of play or making of a shot, which contains no more than five errors of fact, contradictory statements or harmful recommendations. ...

As far as investment advice? I held a Series 7 Stockbrokers license and worked for Fidelity and an RIA for several years. Here is the definition on what constitutes “investment advice”.

a) provides advice, or issues reports or analyses, regarding securities or as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing, or selling securities ("investment advice");

b)provides such services for compensation;

c)and is in the business of providing such services

Are you sure you want to be bringing this up here? Because it sounds like you are just trying to make a buck yourself and you are steering people to "your investment advice." And, if I were the moderators, I would kick your butt out of here.

Maybe I will get your day trading secrets just to see if you are complying with the laws. Or maybe I will just send this information.

Bud
01-26-2009, 06:23 AM
sucky sucky

Ignore this troll.

origmarm
01-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Strange troll aside, John you have a mailing list? How does one go about getting on it please?

Orig

JohnYandell
01-26-2009, 07:04 AM
On the mailing list--go to the site www.tennisplayer.net and then upper right click on free newsletter.

origmarm
01-26-2009, 07:11 AM
On the mailing list--go to the site www.tennisplayer.net and then upper right click on free newsletter.

Thanks John, all done, I look forward to it

the Town Sherif
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
What an idiot. If nothing else, I find the $99 a year to be a steal for this website. the value that you get alone from John Yandell's video analysis is unrivaled. There is nothing else like it available right now on DVD's or thetennischannel or books currently.

This troll does not understand the value of quality analysis.

JohnYandell
01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Sherif--thanks I truly appreciate it.

pushing_wins
01-27-2009, 08:31 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=241099

Bungalo Bill
01-28-2009, 06:32 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=241099

You became popular from this post. Can you please provide your day trading credentials? Also, anything concerning a website would be great.

I will keep searching to see if there is any other hint as to what you are doing concerning investment advice.

obnoxious2
01-28-2009, 07:22 AM
You became popular from this post. Can you please provide your day trading credentials? Also, anything concerning a website would be great.

I will keep searching to see if there is any other hint as to what you are doing concerning investment advice.

Why do you keep going on and on about his credentials? He doesn't need credentials if he's providing advice regarding day trading. Just look at all the fools getting suckered by motley fools. And what if he's a hedger? He doesn't need to provide jack*****.

ksqwqb
01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
What a joke. Yandell's site is hands down the best around. Not even close. Best money I ever invested in tennis.

origmarm
01-28-2009, 08:56 AM

?? What are you on about day trading for mate, did I miss something interesting here? :)

Bungalo Bill
01-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Why do you keep going on and on about his credentials? He doesn't need credentials if he's providing advice regarding day trading. Just look at all the fools getting suckered by motley fools. And what if he's a hedger? He doesn't need to provide jack*****.

Keep on going on? I asked twice? LOL!!! What is it to you anyway? Why do you care?

And your little insight above? Geeez, pal, that is an "if", which is why I am asking for his website or any other information. The term "credentials" doesnt only apply to me seeing if he needs to be a registered investment advisor, it also means I want to know his track record and his ability to navigate in an extremely difficult market. I want to see if he is a fraud.

The credentials are also pertaining to experience and knowledge of the markets. How he provides advice and what he says and does. Get it now? LOL!

It means that when someone says to "come to me for daytrading", I want people to be

1. Cautious of claims of large profits from day-trading.

2. That they should be wary of advertisements or other statements that emphasize the potential for large profits in day-trading.

3. That day-trading can also lead to large and immediate financial losses.

4. That day-trading requires knowledge of securities markets.

5. That day-trading requires in-depth knowledge of the securities markets and trading techniques and strategies.

6. In attempting to profit through day-trading, you must compete with professional, licensed traders employed by securities firms and that this "daytrader" should have appropriate experience before engaging in day-trading.

Day-trading requires knowledge of a firm's operations. The trader should be familiar with a securities firm's business practices, including the operation of the firm's order execution systems and procedures. Under certain market conditions, people may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position quickly at a reasonable price. This can occur, for example, when the market for a stock suddenly drops, or if trading is halted due to recent news events or unusual trading activity. The more volatile a stock is, the greater the likelihood that problems may be encountered in executing a transaction. In addition to normal market risks, you may experience losses due to system failures.

Day-trading will generate substantial commissions for people, even if the per trade cost is low. Day-trading involves aggressive trading, and generally you will pay commissions on each trade. The total daily commissions that you pay on your trades will add to your losses or significantly reduce your earnings.

Day-trading on margin or short selling may result in losses beyond your initial investment. When you day-trade with funds borrowed from a firm or someone else, you can lose more than the funds you originally placed at risk. A decline in the value of the securities that are purchased may require you to provide additional funds to the firm to avoid the forced sale of those securities or other securities in your account. Short selling as part of your day-trading strategy also may lead to extraordinary losses, because you may have to purchase a stock at a very high price in order to cover a short position.

The potential registration requirements are ANY persons providing investment advice for others or managing securities accounts for others may need to register as either an "Investment Advisor" under the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 or as a "Broker" or "Dealer" under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such activities may also trigger state registration requirements.

So please tell me something I don't know.

There is a safe zone for these daytraders and if they are outside of this zone, they need to register as an investment advisor.

Don't you just want to drop this now? ;) Like I said, I spent several years in the financial services world including being a day-trader myself.

Bungalo Bill
01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
?? What are you on about day trading for mate, did I miss something interesting here? :)

Read above. This guy comes on to this site harrasing people about "credentails" etc. when somebody (anybody) provides a person tips on how to improve their strokes. He immediately wants video, credentials, etc...

pushing_wins
01-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Read above. This guy comes on to this site harrasing people about "credentails" etc. when somebody (anybody) provides a person tips on how to improve their strokes. He immediately wants video, credentials, etc...

the trend is your friend;
max pain options expiration

credentials, cfa 1st decile

Bungalo Bill
01-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Wow, did you get that out of a Cracker Jack box? "the trend is your friend", boy, cant tell you how many times I have heard that. Do you often mislead investors with these "pat" sayings?

You still havent provided how you are making money and your website information. If you were legit, I would think you would welcome people to test your ethics and to see if what you are doing does not require a license.

And you are into options as well? This is great...

Bud
01-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes, this is all the knowledge needed for successful stock trading :lol:

Do us a favor and go home.

pushing_wins
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow, did you get that out of a Cracker Jack box? "the trend is your friend", boy, cant tell you how many times I have heard that. Do you often mislead investors with these "pat" sayings?

You still havent provided how you are making money and your website information. If you were legit, I would think you would welcome people to test your ethics and to see if what you are doing does not require a license.

And you are into options as well? This is great...

trust me bb

under different circumstances, we would be good friends

Bungalo Bill
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
trust me bb

under different circumstances, we would be good friends

LOL, now that is funny.

pushing_wins
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
LOL, now that is funny.

you are dying to have a hit with me.

after i thrash you, or you trash me. we still be friends

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 07:04 AM
you are dying to have a hit with me.

after i thrash you, or you trash me. we still be friends

Pushing,

I dont mind being friends with my worst enemies. It may take me sometime, but I really dont mind.

What I dont like is the comments you made reagarding people who have dedicated their time and energy in helping people learn tennis and to help remove so many myths about tennis.

John Yandell is someone who is a class act. He is a friend, a coach, and someone who is extremely knowledgable about the game. You or I may not agree with him on things, but if you present the disagreement right and are willing to learn you might not be correct, he is the greatest person you can know.

He is true to his family life, his career, and is a business man that bases his business on sound ethics.

When you post things like you did that I know are not true, it really doesnt sit right with me. You are better than that and you do not need to be like the certain few that throw up nonsense advice around here.

As for me, you can degrade me, call me a fool, depise me, laugh at me, tell me I am a "know-it-all", or anything else like some people do, however, when you start to do things to people that are not going to bash you back (like I will), and will professionally decline to further converse with you, I will take a stand against you for what you did.

The bottom-line is you have a right to your opinion regarding the quality you are receiving from John's site. It is your perception that you are not getting your money's worth. That is fine. However, the way you went about it was wrong.

John is a fair man and he will cancel your subscription if that is what you want. However, I believe you have a lot to offer here, but you choose to be this slanderer when all you had to do is tell John you disagree so he can have a chance to have a debate or conversation about it.

I know John, and he is more than willing to hear about something he may have said incorrectly and he certainly doesnt mind someone disagreeing with his take on things.

I just think you owe him an apoligy.

larry10s
01-29-2009, 08:19 AM
john yandell is doing outstanding work and has for years his articles and the website tennisplayer.net is a great source of info backed up with terrific video. whether you are from imssouri or not he shows you. the forehand article mentioned describes meticulously what is seen is high speed video that the naked eye cannot. for myself the gist i got out of the article was that from the position of the left arm across ie start of the backswing until the slot where the butcap is coming towards the ball prior to contact pros do differnt things but they start and end in the same place. like the serve from toss to trophy the pros do many things differently but ultimately get to those 2 positions. recgnizing what happens in between is the first step to trying to figure out if ine way is superior to another. kudos to john for his hard work and countless hour of time invested. dont rag on him. i am a subcriber from the beginning(user name llll (4 L's) ) and very happy to be one.

origmarm
01-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Ah I see. Gives me jokes. John's website seems excellent from what I can see.

As an aside I have to say that I think the FSA exams (UK) or Series 7 in the US are not worth a pot of **** as a certification. Even if the guy was certified (no comment either way on that one) and registered I don't think it means anything. If he is CFA first decile at least he might have a clue but again no guarantees. You want to see the number of people I meet that have a CFA but can't get their head around even basic concepts in the real world. I saw this guy the other day (no details, sorry, take what you will from it), who was pricing his CDS runs off a straight JPM model and wondering why he was getting hatcheted. Doesn't matter what CDSW says mate, mark is mark and run with it. He just looked distraught by about 9.20am :). You could almost see him burning the textbooks.

I also saw a guy last week in a big AM who couldn't work out why he wasn't getting his RXs filled at the price on his screen. I had to literally explain order stack, b/a and last to the guy, I almost fell about laughing. He had some flash FI PM degree from Germany but you could have run a waterslide behind his ears :). Volatility surface was fine, fills were just a fail. Stuck in the books again.

Anyhow sorry to all of those for whom that means nothing, I hope Bungalo gets a laugh from it though.

Cheers, Orig

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Pushing,

I dont mind being friends with my worst enemies. It may take me sometime, but I really dont mind.

What I dont like is the comments you made reagarding people who have dedicated their time and energy in helping people learn tennis and to help remove so many myths about tennis.

John Yandell is someone who is a class act. He is a friend, a coach, and someone who is extremely knowledgable about the game. You or I may not agree with him on things, but if you present the disagreement right and are willing to learn you might not be correct, he is the greatest person you can know.

He is true to his family life, his career, and is a business man that bases his business on sound ethics.

When you post things like you did that I know are not true, it really doesnt sit right with me. You are better than that and you do not need to be like the certain few that throw up nonsense advice around here.

As for me, you can degrade me, call me a fool, depise me, laugh at me, tell me I am a "know-it-all", or anything else like some people do, however, when you start to do things to people that are not going to bash you back (like I will), and will professionally decline to further converse with you, I will take a stand against you for what you did.

The bottom-line is you have a right to your opinion regarding the quality you are receiving from John's site. It is your perception that you are not getting your money's worth. That is fine. However, the way you went about it was wrong.

John is a fair man and he will cancel your subscription if that is what you want. However, I believe you have a lot to offer here, but you choose to be this slanderer when all you had to do is tell John you disagree so he can have a chance to have a debate or conversation about it.

I know John, and he is more than willing to hear about something he may have said incorrectly and he certainly doesnt mind someone disagreeing with his take on things.

I just think you owe him an apoligy.

i cancelled my subscription almost 2 years ago.
Dont call me, i will call you. stop sending me junk mail.
taking me off the mailing list should have been automatic.

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM

As an aside I have to say that I think the FSA exams (UK) or Series 7 in the US are not worth a pot of **** as a certification. Even if the guy was certified (no comment either way on that one) and registered I don't think it means anything.

It means something when you are challenged against a rule that says you need to be. :)

If he is CFA first decile at least he might have a clue but again no guarantees. You want to see the number of people I meet that have a CFA but can't get their head around even basic concepts in the real world. I saw this guy the other day (no details, sorry, take what you will from it), who was pricing his CDS runs off a straight JPM model and wondering why he was getting hatcheted. Doesn't matter what CDSW says mate, mark is mark and run with it. He just looked distraught by about 9.20am :). You could almost see him burning the textbooks.

Investment advice is investment advice. There are rules regarding this. If the rules dont apply, no problems. If they do and you are not properly credentialed, you got problems. It also depends on someone reporting you. Nobody is going to report themselves.

I also saw a guy last week in a big AM who couldn't work out why he wasn't getting his RXs filled at the price on his screen. I had to literally explain order stack, b/a and last to the guy, I almost fell about laughing. He had some flash FI PM degree from Germany but you could have run a waterslide behind his ears :). Volatility surface was fine, fills were just a fail. Stuck in the books again.

Anyhow sorry to all of those for whom that means nothing, I hope Bungalo gets a laugh from it though.

Cheers, Orig

Yes, no problems and I do know from a performance perspective it may or may not mean much. However, from a practice perspective it could. Take care.

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
i cancelled my subscription almost 2 years ago.
Dont call me, i will call you. stop sending me junk mail.
taking me off the mailing list should have been automatic.

You owe him an apoligy. That wasn't right.

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 09:35 AM

As an aside I have to say that I think the FSA exams (UK) or Series 7 in the US are not worth a pot of **** as a certification. Even if the guy was certified (no comment either way on that one) and registered I don't think it means anything. If he is CFA first decile at least he might have a clue but again no guarantees. You want to see the number of people I meet that have a CFA but can't get their head around even basic concepts in the real world. I saw this guy the other day (no details, sorry, take what you will from it), who was pricing his CDS runs off a straight JPM model and wondering why he was getting hatcheted. Doesn't matter what CDSW says mate, mark is mark and run with it. He just looked distraught by about 9.20am :). You could almost see him burning the textbooks.

Cheers, Orig

very impressed with your acronyms

never worked a day in an ibank. cfa was a breeze cause i majored in bean counting. day trading and CAPM are contradictions to each other. CFAs zero zilch about trading. i was only likening johns forehand secrets to daytrading secrets

but you are right. nobody in their mind would believe crendentials posted in a internet forum.

so, BB, asking for credentials is pointless in the first place.

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
You owe him an apoligy. That wasn't right.

nope
i paid good money for the right to express an opinion on the subscription

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
very impressed with your acronyms

never worked a day in an ibank. cfa was a breeze cause i majored in bean counting. day trading and CAPM are contradictions to each other. CFAs zero zilch about trading. i was only likening johns forehand secrets to daytrading secrets

but you are right. nobody in their mind would believe crendentials posted in a internet forum.

so, BB, asking for credentials is pointless in the first place.

Yes, you are right, day trading is day trading. Depending on the slant of the trader it uses skills in technical analysis and/or fundamental analysis. I always used a little of both. And just because they are a CFA or hold a Series 7, or anything like that does not mean they have a clue on how to daytrade.

Daytrading also calls for a unique set of skills which allows a person to control their emotions when things don't go their way or even if they do! Discipline in entrance and exit strategies are also a must to be successful which a CFA does not necessarly learn until they actually start daytrading.

The rubber meets the road when you actually put your money on the line and start to trade. Paper exercises and book knowledge are worth something but it does not complete a person wanting to daytrade.

JohnYandell
01-29-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm sure that Tennisplayer.net is directly responsible for this guy's bad tennis...
In fact I may have personally ruined his game.

As I understand it now, he thinks I am sending him junk mail but refuses to let me take him off the list.

I think he gets more mileage from staying on the list--gives him a place to direct all those bad, bad feelings inside.

We have people who read the newsletter and resubscribe all the time.

Anyway thanks to all for the great words about the site.

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm sure that Tennisplayer.net is directly responsible for this guy's bad tennis...

As I understand it now, he thinks I am sending him junk mail but refuses to let me take him off the list.

I think he gets more mileage from staying on the list--gives him a place to direct all those bad, bad feelings inside.

BB, is this the guy you are refering to? real class act?

john, now that i have got your attention. could you please clarify as to who owns the copyrights of the videos on the website? thanks

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 10:23 AM
BB, is this the guy you are refering to? real class act?

john, now that i have got your attention. could you please clarify as to who owns the copyrights of the videos on the website? thanks

Yeah, John is a class act and other people here can attest to this. What you are having a hard time with is his attitude toward what you said. Professionals can also express their opinions as well even if the information said is not what you want to hear.

What are you after Pushing? What is your objective with this post? I see two things:

1. You are trying to sell something (a tennis article, your skills in daytrading)

2. Or you just have a grudge against people who claim they know something about a subject. I mean you do this here as well. You want proof of credentials but you dont provide proof of yours in the subjects you think you are good at.

Perhaps, daytrading didnt turn out like you planned and you are looking for other peoples money to keep the bills paid. What is it? House in foreclosure? Dreams didnt turn into a reality?

A lot of daytraders think they can quit their day jobs and make a buck. Afterall, they think they can do better than their broker. So they attend a few seminars by Wade Cook (lol) and off they go charting and reading the news. Only to find out, it is a lot harder than these "experts" make it out to be and it sucks a lot of time away from your family and what you want to do.

I know, I have been there. I got addicted to it. Do you have the pass key?

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, you are right, day trading is day trading. Depending on the slant of the trader it uses skills in technical analysis and/or fundamental analysis. I always used a little of both. And just because they are a CFA or hold a Series 7, or anything like that does not mean they have a clue on how to daytrade.

Daytrading also calls for a unique set of skills which allows a person to control their emotions when things don't go their way or even if they do! Discipline in entrance and exit strategies are also a must to be successful which a CFA does not necessarly learn until they actually start daytrading.

The rubber meets the road when you actually put your money on the line and start to trade. Paper exercises and book knowledge are worth something but it does not complete a person wanting to daytrade.

day trading cannot yield profits if markets are at least semi strong form efficient.

fundamentally, what generates the profits in a day trade?

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, John is a class act and other people here can attest to this. What you are having a hard time with is his attitude toward what you said. Professionals can also express their opinions as well even if the information said is not what you want to hear.

What are you after Pushing? What is your objective with this post? I see two things:

1. You are trying to sell something (a tennis article, your skills in daytrading)

2. Or you just have a grudge against people who claim they know something about a subject. I mean you do this here as well. You want proof of credentials but you dont provide proof of yours in the subjects you think you are good at.

Perhaps, daytrading didnt turn out like you planned and you are looking for other peoples money to keep the bills paid. What is it? House in foreclosure? Dreams didnt turn into a reality?

A lot of daytraders think they can quit their day jobs and make a buck. Afterall, they think they can do better than their broker. So they attend a few seminars by Wade Cook (lol) and off they go charting and reading the news. Only to find out, it is a lot harder than these "experts" make it out to be and it sucks a lot of time away from your family and what you want to do.

I know, I have been there. I got addicted to it. Do you have the pass key?

i think both sides should be presented and scrutinized.
anyways, we are going off topic here.

i wish we could arrive at some conclusions.

pass key?

Bungalo Bill
01-29-2009, 10:46 AM
day trading cannot yield profits if markets are at least semi strong form efficient.

fundamentally, what generates the profits in a day trade?

Well I might not get your answer right, but for me, I usually tried to find someone else's loss that could be my profit. In a way, I take the same approach here I guess. When someone posts something that is not true, I see it as their loss and my profit in a way. I dont want to sound cold about that but in essence, I see the opportunity to remove the myth.

So to answer your question specifically, I would throw out several things:

1. Trend following

2. Playing the news

3. Covering spreads

4. Range Trading and,

5. Scalping.

Lol, I have no clue if I answered your question. You are sort of leading me to your answer.

JohnYandell
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
The copyright information was included in your subscription registration process. So when you resubscribe you can read it again.

But seriously, thought you wanted off the list. Oh wait, you're not going to answer that question are you?

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 10:53 AM
The copyright information was included in your subscription registration process. So when you resubscribe you can read it again.

But seriously, thought you wanted off the list. Oh wait, you're not going to answer that question are you?

oh wait, you are not going to answer the question about the copyright, are you?

i have already been branded a troll. my behaviour is consistent with my reputation.

you are suppose to be a class act??

lets leave it at that.

JohnYandell
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
OK you're a troll. I agree with your self-assesment. Hang on to those precious newsletters--at least your bitterness is giving life meaning.

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Well I might not get your answer right, but for me, I usually tried to find someone else's loss that could be my profit. In a way, I take the same approach here I guess. When someone posts something that is not true, I see it as their loss and my profit in a way. I dont want to sound cold about that but in essence, I see the opportunity to remove the myth.

So to answer your question specifically, I would throw out several things:

1. Trend following

2. Playing the news

3. Covering spreads

4. Range Trading and,

5. Scalping.

Lol, I have no clue if I answered your question. You are sort of leading me to your answer.

so you are saying, you can only profit if there are people out there who doing what you are attempting to do.

traders make the market both effiecient and inefficient at the same time.

i have knowledge of a lot of theories but zero practical experience. in most cases, theory and practical should be consistent with each other. but at the moment, they are in contradiction to me.

pushing_wins
01-29-2009, 11:01 AM
OK you're a troll. I agree with your self-assesment. Hang on to those precious newsletters--at least your bitterness is giving life meaning.

john, i wish not to continue this discussion. you are entitled to pump your site.

why do u have to take the last shot. who is bitter now? :confused:

if u want, u can have the last shot. i m good.

JohnYandell
01-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Was good. Am good. End of this discussion, also good.

Mike Cottrill
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
So you think he signed a waiver to film? Why do you care?

Bud
01-29-2009, 06:31 PM

A person like this, using Internet lingo, is called an annoying troll. The more you feed him the fatter he gets.

herosol
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM

i have already been branded a troll. my behaviour is consistent with my reputation.

you are suppose to be a class act??

lets leave it at that.

WDAFUX?!

These Forum Trolls have just been growing in number exponentially!
We have given them TOO MANY resources to live upon, we must stop this!

Forum Trolls are parasitic! RUN!!!!

Djokovicfan4life
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow, I never even thought to click on this thread, mostly due to the ******** title, but this is just ridiculous. Seriously, if this isn't enough to get banned on here then I don't know what is. There's no room on these boards for *****s like this.

origmarm
01-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Pushing: Acronyms is acronyms, not worth much but saves me typing :). The worst is when you meet someone else who spent too much time on BBG, it's like chatting some other language, you just sound ridiculous.

Bungalo: Wasn't making a point with my earlier post mate, was just meant to be a funny anecdote really on the real versus the books :). Keep posting and don't let the aggro get you. It's good to see your take on the vids here, feel like I've learned a lot from you. I'll post a new vid of the serve soon and would welcome your comments. It's been a long road getting it to this point...

John: Please keep up the good work, I look forward to your newsletter. All the best

Orig

pushing_wins
01-30-2009, 06:16 AM
bbg - bloomberg?

origmarm
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
^^ Yes (10)

pushing_wins
01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
BB, orig

my holy grail in tennis is to have the most stylish forehand backswing ever.

i dont like it when yandell tries to steal my thunder.

thats my motivation.

crazysoccer00
01-30-2009, 09:20 AM
BB, orig

my holy grail in tennis is to have the most stylish forehand backswing ever.

i dont like it when yandell tries to steal my thunder.

thats my motivation.

LOL this is no troll, he's a lunatic

Djokovicfan4life
01-30-2009, 10:34 AM
LOL this is no troll, he's a lunatic

Oh, make no mistake, this guy is simply a troll. BB teaches a very compact back-swing on both wings and PW thinks that he can get under his skin with this garbage.

Bungalo Bill
01-30-2009, 11:03 AM
so you are saying, you can only profit if there are people out there who doing what you are attempting to do.

Not really. Maybe I am not being clear. It is difficult for me to remember exactly what I did. It has been a long time since I emersed myself in this stuff.

I am saying that my investment style was contrarian. I beleived when people who say the market is going up did so only when they were fully invested and had no further purchasing power (opportunity).

At this point the market usually peaked and when the investors said there is going to be a downturn, they usually already sold out, at which point the market could only go up.

traders make the market both effiecient and inefficient at the same time.

Yes, I agree with you on this which makes daytrading challenging.

i have knowledge of a lot of theories but zero practical experience. in most cases, theory and practical should be consistent with each other. but at the moment, they are in contradiction to me.

Well, that is where the rubber meets the road. I wish you luck.