PDA

View Full Version : I just hit with a Futures player (not too bad...)

pabletion
01-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Saturday the Qualies for the Guatemalan Futures start, and the players started arriving today for practice. I was hittin with a friend, and this guy comes, and sits besides the court I was hitting on. After I step out of the court, I started chattin with him, and he asks if I dont know anyone that wants to have a hit (he has no one to hit with, the other players are already done for the day). I tell him no, but if he didnt mind we would hit with him for a bit. It was my first time ever hitting with someone so advanced. The fluity of his strokes was amazing, and when he wanted to hit flat, those were killers. Me and my friend did pretty good (we were both on one side), hitting back a lot of balls, with decent pace. Both my strokes were solid, thank God...
Afterwards, he wants to hit some serves.................. thats another story. The top spin serves were seriously, seriously sick...., flat serves were not bad either (the dude said he hits around 120mph, and with the altitude here, he could easily hit 130mph).

Anyways... its was a cool day, and Im thankful I hit okay and that it wasnt a total waste of time for him!

Edit: heres a little vid, sorry about the horribly bad quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_r8IbMb1U

Bud
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Saturday the Qualies for the Guatemalan Futures start, and the players started arriving today for practice. I was hittin with a friend, and this guy comes, and sits besides the court I was hitting on. After I step out of the court, I started chattin with him, and he asks if I dont know anyone that wants to have a hit (he has no one to hit with, the other players are already done for the day). I tell him no, but if he didnt mind we would hit with him for a bit. It was my first time ever hitting with someone so advanced. The fluity of his strokes was amazing, and when he wanted to hit flat, those were killers. Me and my friend did pretty good (we were both on one side), hitting back a lot of balls, with decent pace. Both my strokes were solid, thank God...
Afterwards, he wants to hit some serves.................. thats another story. The top spin serves were seriously, seriously sick...., flat serves were not bad either (the dude said he hits around 120mph, and with the altitude here, he could easily hit 130mph).

Anyways... its was a cool day, and Im thankful I hit okay and that it wasnt a total waste of time for him!

The advanced players' kick serves are unbelievable. Unless you receive them on a regular basis and are familiar with the high bounce... they are almost un-returnable for the average club player. They make it look so effortless, too.

pabletion
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Heres a vid, my friend is the one hittin, Im filming; the ******* didnt want to film me afterwards. Sorry about the sorry @ss quality, thats as high a quality I could get with my cellphone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_r8IbMb1U

pabletion
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
The advanced players' kick serves are unbelievable. Unless you receive them on a regular basis and are familiar with the high bounce... they are almost un-returnable for the average club player. They make it look so effortless, too.

plus he's like 6'4" or 6'5".................. seriously sick bounce, Im amazed, its the best serve I have been faced against....