PDA

View Full Version : Head Graphite Edge Composition

jorel
01-23-2009, 05:29 AM
I have tried searching the forum with no definitive answer...

Does anyone know the composition of this frame with percentages?

plasma
01-23-2009, 09:29 AM
wowzers, great question, I wan't to know as well, talk about perfect feel!!!

vsbabolat
01-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I have tried searching the forum with no definitive answer...

Does anyone know the composition of this frame with percentages?

The composition of the Graphite Edge is Graphite and Fiberglass. That is what it says on my Graphite Edge.

Virginia
01-23-2009, 10:05 AM
This is one of my all time favourite racquets - mine even has the leather power pads. Are yours similar, guys?

I'll have a photo up shortly at 80s-tennis.com of this one and my other Head favourites, the Graphite Edge TXE, Prestige Pro and Prestige Tour 600.

MichaelChang
01-23-2009, 10:06 AM
There is also a Composite Edge, to make things more confusing :)

jorel
01-23-2009, 10:11 AM
The composition of the Graphite Edge is Graphite and Fiberglass. That is what it says on my Graphite Edge.
no idea about percentages tho????

plasma
01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
sadly, the silver graphite tour (81 sq.) is the only head i currently have in this mold. Head edge was at least as good as 200g, ps 85, r22, f200, etc. apparently there was even a version with the us flag...doubt anyone can name another stick that felt so right!!!! guess their old stencils were more badass afterall....
as far as percentages....Jorel (coolest name ever btw), they are useless, even if you found the exact molds and process; the type of graphite and fiberglass they used is no longer around, the graphite used back then was like thick coarse strands of horse-tail hair. That's why old school racquets have a feel and dwell time that cannot be duped, that's why new school 200$ racquets feel like petrified dog *****, and obscure "worthless" racquets are invaluable and priceless:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qippw1.jpg

PBODY99
01-25-2009, 12:55 PM
40 % old style Graphite, 60 % fiber glass. TX series had 60% & that aramid fiber in some lay up. The "best" graphite was used & developed for the cold war. With its end we got the first of the High modulus frames that so many on this forum love to hate.

anirut
01-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Plasma, from the pic, you got the rackets on the ceiling or what? ... J/K

plasma
01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
savadee...anirut....welcome, my friend, please help us to gain independence and freedom as a seperate but equal forum by posting new threads and pics here....your wisdom and good sense will be appreciated here.....in this new classic racquet forum!!!