PDA

View Full Version : My review of Lux. M2

tennisguyak
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
IMHO, Absolutely Horrible. No feel or touch at all. I'm usually satisfied with any string as long as its fresh and not stretched out. I had it strung @ 63 in the mains and 61 in the crosses. It just felt like the ball was hopping off of my racket and I had nothing to say about where it went. Flat serves were O.K. but I couldn't hit a kick serve with this at all. If it wasn't for free I would be much more ****ed off, but even if it was free I had to pay to have this strung. IMO, just not a good string at all.

Fedace
01-24-2009, 03:07 AM
was it easy to generate spin ? it is supposed to be spin friendly. sometimes Luxilon strings at higher tensions, is very difficult to control...

T1000
01-24-2009, 07:55 AM
imo its a very good string. i have it 56/56 on my rds 001 mid 2008. I got no power at all but very good control and spin. the power wasn't a bad thing because i can generate my own. i thought it was arm friendly, but i guess we just like different strings

Jackie T. Stephens
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
imo its a very good string. i have it 56/56 on my rds 001 mid 2008. I got no power at all but very good control and spin. the power wasn't a bad thing because i can generate my own. i thought it was arm friendly, but i guess we just like different strings

That's exactly what the guy told me a the pro shop, that it was arm friendly.

POGforEver
01-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Strung my Prestige Pro and hit with it this morning at 59 with a pre-stretch and it still played really powerful. Didn't really live up to the Luxilon name, nothing what I expected it to be.

Jackie T. Stephens
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Strung my Prestige Pro and hit with it this morning at 59 with a pre-stretch and it still played really powerful. Didn't really live up to the Luxilon name, nothing what I expected it to be.

Yeah, you don't feel the real value to it unless you play with it.

Azzurri
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
played it last night. It is not like a typical poly I guess, but it did allow me to create sweet spin on my serves (unlike tennisguyAK). But I did have a hard time controlling my FH...not at all worth the $19 Lux will charge. Strung 55 m and 52 c.

If anyone ever wonders how Fedace has close to 10K post, look above. What a stupid, ignorant question. Just shows his ignorance and never played a poly.

Jackie T. Stephens
01-24-2009, 09:22 AM
played it last night. It is not like a typical poly I guess, but it did allow me to create sweet spin on my serves (unlike tennisguyAK). But I did have a hard time controlling my FH...not at all worth the $19 Lux will charge. Strung 55 m and 52 c.

If anyone ever wonders how Fedace has close to 10K post, look above. What a stupid, ignorant question. Just shows his ignorance and never played a poly.

Mine was 23 $ But I got mine in France.