PDA

View Full Version : These New Strings

adams_1
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
So i've been watching the Open and I keep hearing the commentators talk about These New Strings that the pros are using. I hear they can make me hit with topspin just like Nadal and every ball I hit will just drop in no matter how hard I hit it.

Where do I get a set of These New Strings? I looked for them everywhere but nobody seems to carry them. I plan on putting it in one of Those New Light Racquets if it helps.

sukivan
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
are you by any chance using one of those new-fangled "two handed" backhands? at my club there is a youngster who hits with something he calls "overspin" or "topspin"; I can't remember which. The ball seems to arc downwards resulting in less depth. I don't see the benefit or the point - I think its just a fad.

sukivan
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
perhaps he is just unable to hit a proper slice forehand.

sukivan
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
also, on his service he throws the ball well above his head hits it with his arm stretched upwards! I have spoken to the club management about this and they assure me it's within the rules; he seems to have found some ridiculous loophole. anyway, he looks ridiculous doing it. he is the laughingstock of the members and the pros at the club.

howy
01-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Where do I get a set of These New Strings?

I you find these "wonder" strings, please let me know and I can drop my training units.

Cey
01-23-2009, 11:49 PM
So i've been watching the Open and I keep hearing the commentators talk about These New Strings that the pros are using. I hear they can make me hit with topspin just like Nadal and every ball I hit will just drop in no matter how hard I hit it.

Where do I get a set of These New Strings? I looked for them everywhere but nobody seems to carry them. I plan on putting it in one of Those New Light Racquets if it helps.

I think what they are refering to are simply polyester strings that may or may not be textured or shaped to get more spin. They say this I think because they grew up and played with NG their whole career. (most of them at least)

sukivan
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
I think what they are refering to are simply polyester strings that may or may not be textured or shaped to get more spin. They say this I think because they grew up and played with NG their whole career. (most of them at least)

whoosh 1010

Zhou
01-24-2009, 05:32 AM
whoosh 1010

Dude, just shut up.

And they are referring to just Polyester strings like Luxilon Big Banger or Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour.

yebo
01-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Dude, just shut up.

And they are referring to just Polyester strings like Luxilon Big Banger or Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour.

ironic post. again.. whoosh

Nuke
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I think the new wonder strings have something to do with this company:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11881317/Lux_Soap.jpg

sk8ing
01-25-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL
some people just dont get sarcasm :S