PDA

View Full Version : In Rabbit we trust, but what about Wine

acesrus
02-24-2005, 07:17 AM
I like getting to know each of you through some of the tangential info that we put out there, and Rabbit nice one on Beer. I did the whole microbrew thing in the 90's, brewed some, drank more, but beer and its estrogen, gut building tendencies have gotten to me as I get older. So lately, my wife and I have been getting into wine. We have really enjoyed Syrah-Andrew Murray despite its low rank in Wine spectator is very good, and ICON from Ravenswood is a superior blend. We have been learning about the different grapes, mourvedre, temprenillo, cabernet franc, emillion, and what each one tastes like. If you like vino, what do you all recommend. Cheers ~s

Fee
02-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I will drink just about anything that comes from Geyser Peak winery in California, because I think their products are consistently good. I will drink almost anything from Fetzer Vineyards in Mendocino because I support their efforts to run an energy efficient, environmentally friendly winery (solar power, composting, etc) and their product is decent. I like Domain Chandon Blanc de Noir champagne, but that's just a personal preference, I don't have sophisticated taste or anything (and it's cheap at Costco). I live in California, and used to work for someone who represented half of the wine growing region on the North Coast, so I have a tendency to stay loyal to the wines here.

PugArePeopleToo
02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Pinot Noir all the way, especially those from Burgundy.

Rabbit
02-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I have gotten to enjoy Ruffino and Aziano, both chiantis of Italian origin. There are many shiraz wines from Australia that are good, I've drawn a blank on names here, and I like basically anything red from Berringer.

Brettolius
02-24-2005, 01:03 PM
yellowtail shiraz is grrrrreat!!