PDA

View Full Version : work as tennis coach

ajaxman
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I want to work in the USA as a tennistrainer. I'm 19 years old and from the netherlands. I'm available from July 14. Right now I study at the university, so I want to improve my English in the USA. Who can help me?

tennismom42
01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I want to work in the USA as a tennistrainer. I'm 19 years old and from the netherlands. I'm available from July 14. Right now I study at the university, so I want to improve my English in the USA. Who can help me?
almost all of the colleges & universities offer summer camps. They employ kids your age & up to drill balls to the kids, lead the warm up exercises, etc. So, think about where you would like to go & start contacting those coaches directly. Do you have some ITF wins? If so, mention it.

NickC
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM

First things first, I like your username. Ajax were unfortunate to loose KJ Huntelaar, and from the looks of things are going to be loosing Luis Suarez pretty soon. However, the club's academy will make up for it, that academy has produced some of Holland's biggest names over the past few decades!

Onto the main topic: how good of a player are you? Have you won ITF matches, or national level matches in your native country? Are you playing or planning on playing college tennis in the USA? How good is your English? Also, if you're available from the 14th of July, when must you go back to school in Holland? Generally, most summer vacations in the States are from early June to mid-to-late August. So if you had to go back to University or school around the same time as most of us, you'd only have a month here. Most summer programs start up in late May or early June, so if you wanted a summer job here, you'd probably have to finish your studies much earlier.

ajaxman
01-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks for your respond. In Holland I have the highest rank for an amateur player. I think in the USA it is 5.5 level. I was in top 40 last year in my age. My school starts again at 14th September, so I'm 2 months off.
I really like to go to the USA, learn to speak English fluentcy, to learn a new culture. End of June I have my last exams, so from there I'm available.

Hope someone can help me

junbug
01-25-2009, 08:39 AM
your best bet is to come in on a student visa or with a work permit to work here in the US.