PDA

View Full Version : Link to 2009 Australian Open Stringroom

abllee2198
01-24-2009, 10:50 AM
If interested, you can see photos of the Wilson Stringroom at the Australian Open.

http://www.******************.com/PhotoAlbums/Australian-Open/

**grand*slam*stringers*

or

If they kill the link just visit GSS forum and look under tournament subheading and you'll see a link. Photos are by Todd Mobley.

Albert

william7gr
01-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Whos kblade is that in the second to last picture

Also are those those new fancy wilson stringing machines

Tim W
01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Whos kblade is that in the second to last picture

Also are those those new fancy wilson stringing machines

Yes, they are the new Wilson Baiardo machine.

Fedace
01-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Is any pro using the new Kirsch spiky shark ??

tennisfreak15347
01-25-2009, 08:38 AM
I wish they'd give me one of those Baiardo's. *drools*

davidahenry
01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I think it is pretty cool that the stringing room has a bunch of windows where the fans can see inside the room. I'm not sure how much the stringers like being on display, but from a fan's perspective, it is probably pretty sweet.

The only pro events I've attended are the Cincy Masters Series and the women's Tier III event also held in Cincy. At the Masters Series event, the stringing room (I think run by P1) is no where to be found - must be where the public is not allowed to roam. At the women's Tier III event, the "official" stringers were a couple of high school/college kids working in the vendor's tent. Not quite to the level of a room full of pro stringers on new Wilson Baiardos at a Grand Slam Event!

Thanks for the link to the pics. Take care.

DH

william7gr
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
I think it is pretty cool that the stringing room has a bunch of windows where the fans can see inside the room. I'm not sure how much the stringers like being on display, but from a fan's perspective, it is probably pretty sweet.
DH

I'm not sure what I would think if I saw people watching me string. :D