PDA

View Full Version : How do you prepare for a match? (not mentally)

riosfan09
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Lets say you have a match early afternoon, what is your routine for the day?

What do you eat?
Do you do anything to prevent blisters? I get them on the ball of my foot from a grinding match or on my index finger sometimes..So i tape my finger, dont know what to do about the foot.
Do you stretch at all at home?

What does your day look like for those who are focused on their match?

riosfan09
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you try to drink a good amount of water the day off? Or just enough before the match? Im curious if drinking water throughout the day would make any difference?

sukivan
01-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Food:
Don't eat any fat for at least two hours before the match.
Eat large bowl of pasta (I just eat it by itself, no sauce) no less then one hour before match. Drink lots of water but aim to have an empty bladder 10 minutes before the match.

Blisters used to be an problem, but my hand calloused over and I havent had any issues since.

Stretch the morning of and/or the night before your match, as well as after your match. Don't do static stretches immediately preceding your match.

superlobber
01-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Try to go to sleep early the night before.
Eat a bowl of Pho Xe Lua~ (Large Special Beef Noodle Soup).
Drink a can of RED BULL one hour before the match.
Prepare to drink a lot of water & Gatorgade during the match.

As for the blister on your foot, buy a new pair of shoe: Dont go cheap on yourself. Remember that you get with you paid for. Keep in mind that good shoes tend to wear out faster than the cheap ones.

Be sure the your that your racquet grip/overgrip is good. If you are unsure, then replace it.

If you do these steps, you might not win, but you will have a great match.

Good Luck Tiger.

GeorgeLucas
01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I wash my hands about an hour before I play. Then I try to get as cold as possible, without freezing. Then I'm ready to rock :)

RestockingTues
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I wash my hands about an hour before I play. Then I try to get as cold as possible, without freezing. Then I'm ready to rock :)
I'm like this too. When my hands are cool it keeps from sweating a lot.

For some reason, my hands are always always warm. Weird eh?