PDA

View Full Version : Lux M2 SNAPPED!

Azzurri
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I have not snapped a string in since I first started stringing (almost 2 years back). Good thing I got it for free. I had to put in Gosen Polylon and have no clue how it plays. Maybe I should call Lux!

jim e
01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I have not snapped a string in since I first started stringing (almost 2 years back). Good thing I got it for free. I had to put in Gosen Polylon and have no clue how it plays. Maybe I should call Lux!

Funny you asked this. Although I have not used my sample as yet, someone locally told me that after he strung it up, it only lasted about an hour, before it snapped, he then strung up another, and same thing, only lasted an hour. Her also said that same thing happened to someone else as well.I have not had a chance to string it up as yet.

Azzurri
01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
at least they got an hour..lol. I thought the string was ok. decent feel, decent spin and good control. But no way is it worth $19. Unreal!:?

Mansewerz
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
at least they got an hour..lol. I thought the string was ok. decent feel, decent spin and good control. But no way is it worth $19. Unreal!:?

Wait, did it snap during stringing?

gastro54
01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
They're charging $19 for M2?

tsongaali
01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Azzurri, maybe you just suck at stringing?:lol:

J/K

Mine have not yet snapped as of two weeks so far:)

tennisfreak15347
01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
WHAT? they're charging $19? unbelievable. when do they come out btw

Baseline13
01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Mine snapped as well. The only other string I have had this happen is SPPP????

I was stringing a frame that I had traded with it and had to hybrid it with syn gut.

Azzurri
01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Wait, did it snap during stringing?

yep. strung at least 50 times with no breaks since i broke a cyberflash.

tennisguyak
01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Hopefully mine snaps soon because I cannot stand it. But I haven't broken a string in 5 months so the chances of that are slim.

pow
01-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Hopefully mine snaps soon because I cannot stand it. But I haven't broken a string in 5 months so the chances of that are slim.

How does M2 compare to the P2 and Hollowcore in your signature?

lawlitssoo1n
01-24-2009, 10:18 PM
man i want to trade my M2 for rough :\
ANYBODY OUT THERE?
lawlitssoo1n@yahoo.com

Fedace
01-25-2009, 03:03 AM
man i want to trade my M2 for rough :\
ANYBODY OUT THERE?
lawlitssoo1n@yahoo.com

I sent you the set of Rough and a Multi. you will get it in few days at most.

diredesire
01-25-2009, 08:57 AM
oh, snap! couldn't help myself. Lucky it was free :)

fluffy Beaver
01-25-2009, 09:41 AM

You really are a sad person Fedace. I guess you have fun lying at people's faces. :confused: How long has it been since you sent his strings? Like two months?

fluffy Beaver
01-25-2009, 09:56 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=2947868&postcount=10

Date of post 12/22/08

Oh sorry, i sent it today. Don't worry, you will get it. i always keep my promise. this is the holidays so the mail will take longer than you expect.

Jackie T. Stephens
01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
They're charging $19 for M2?

From the place I bought it, it was 23 bux.

tennisguyak
01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
How does M2 compare to the P2 and Hollowcore in your signature?

I need to update that btw, but Hollowcore was way better after about 20 minutes of breaking it in, it played soft and comfortable with pretty good touch and great control. The P2 wasn't my favorite string either, but it has much less of a trampoline, rocket launcher effect than the M2, and I got better control with it as well.

saturn
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I tried the hollow core and the Lux M2 and I like the M2 better. I typically use strings like NXT or Sensation and have never tried a full Poly. I'm getting good spin and the feel is good too. I was taking huge cuts on my strokes and it was going in and I hit some touch volleys which felt awesome. My opponent mentioned that my strokes are better and I didn't tell him about my secret. I thought the Hollow Core felt unpredictable and felt kind of harsh on my second time out with it. Also, since a lot of pros use Lux, I felt I had some psychological edge.

AlphaCDjkr
01-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I dropped off my racquet yesterday at 6:50 pm at Chicks Sporting Goods because my crosses had snapped on my MSV Focus Hex/Hollow Core (Somehow, I liked this.)
I gave the stringer my racquet and the M2s and asked him to string it at 60/58. I was told that the racquet would be ready to be picked up today at 3 pm since there were a bunch of racquets lined up before me, and I was ok with that.

Just now,10 minutes ago (12:01 pm) the stringer called me and told me the crosses had snapped during stringing :confused: And then I thought back to this thread...

Anyway the guy offered me any string they had in the store to finish the crosses, and I asked for a synthetic gut... he offered Wilson NXT, so I took that.

Does anyone know if Wilson NXT would work well as a cross to the M2's?

EDIT:
CRAAAAAP I forgot to tell the stringer to set the tension for the NXT higher!!!! Anyone know how it'll play? :confused:

Blade0324
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I have strung up a couple of sets of M2 so far and no problems. Easy to string, and plays really quite nice. A little too much pop for about the first 20 min. or so of hitting but then settles in nice for about 12 hours or so of good hitting. Then all of a sudden seems to go pretty dead. Not that uncommon for a poly but certainly better than some poly's out there. I can't imaging why it would break during stringing. As for the Hollowcore I have tried it in a full set and as crosses in a hybrid and it just feels really bad to me. It has SOOOOOOOO much power it's not even funny (Low tension 17g gut has less power). It is really an uncontrollable for the most part. It is extremely soft, moved all over the place and felt like a rubbery plastic. Just not my cup of tea.

Azzurri
01-25-2009, 04:55 PM
oh, snap! couldn't help myself. Lucky it was free :)

time is money Dire...time is money.:)

MagPro
01-26-2009, 01:08 AM
How does M2 compare to Big Ace ?

Azzurri
01-26-2009, 05:28 AM
^^in terms of snapping??

saturn
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I used pull speed 2 on the Wise tension head which pulls at a slower speed. Maybe it was a wise thing I did that. Hi Alph, I'm interested in that set up your getting since I usually use NXT. Keep us posted.

bugmenot
01-26-2009, 08:19 PM
damn you guys must be really unlucky, i just played with the m2s for about an hour and they are still like new

AlphaCDjkr
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Well since my crosses snapped during stringing, the stringer at Chicks has strung my racquet with M2/NXT at 60/63.

I picked up the racquet 23 hours after it was strung, so they may have broken in and lost a little tension on its own. The very first hit felt really crisp and perfect really. I couldn't really feel the Mono/multi aspect of the string, but that might be because I used it in a hybrid job rather than full.. ah. Anyway I like this string, I wish I had more than one pack... haha

Kal-El 34
01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
i have it crossed with NXT right now and it feel ok.. not great though..

MagPro
01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
^^in terms of snapping??

If your referring to my post, no. In terms of feel?