PDA

View Full Version : Not playing much anymore

J-man
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey guys for the past couple of months I haven't been able to get out on the court a lot, only about once a week or so and it is really frustrating because my game is absolute trash. I am not able to get out to the club during the week and go to my friends club on Saturday and I hate it there. All the coaches treat me like an idiot because I really suck now. I've got to get a lot of hitting in (or more than I am now) because season is starting in February and I did very well last year and the team is really leaning on me to step it up.

What can I do if I am not getting on the court on a regular basis a couple of times of a week. I am trying to set up some hitting times outside and starting Mid Atlantic Tournaments again (its cold but I can bear it and I like it better then going to the Saturday Clinic at his club). But is there anything else I can do, like hitting against a wall or something?

Would really like your guy's input. Really frustrating and depressing time for me tennis wise.

tennisguyak
01-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Hit in the racketball courts. With a tennis ball of course. That will help you get your strokes back and help you practice earlier preparation for your strokes.

Captain Tezuka
01-24-2009, 08:28 PM
hitting against the wall and ball machine if you have one. :lol: Good Luck!

J-man
01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Hit in the racketball courts. With a tennis ball of course. That will help you get your strokes back and help you practice earlier preparation for your strokes.Don't know where racketball courts are around my area, but okay thanks for the suggestion. I might make it up try to find a wall or go up to the hitting wall at the courts and try to get my feel (which I lose when I don't play) and some type of timing back.

I played today at the clinic and I first time ever in my life was actually embarrassed about my playing ability.

mikeler
01-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Move to Florida and play year round outdoors.

Okazaki Fragment
01-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Ball machine. Best investment you'll ever make.

J-man
01-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Move to Florida and play year round outdoors.Man that would be great, I don't like playing indoors, I am not used to it right now, b/c most of the time I play outdoors because like I said before I don't get to the club to hit indoors so I am not used to it.

mikeler
01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Everyone here complains about playing in 50 degree weather. I'm a native, but it is still funny considering how much colder the rest of the country gets.

LeeD
01-25-2009, 09:03 AM
50 is warm, 45 is not. Low forty's, it's hard to warm up.
Lots of night tournament rounds played in low 50's, so get used to it.
Don't be a fair weather sissy!

meowmix
01-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Gosh, you guys are picky!!! :)

Just played today and it was in the mid thirties outside. I've also played when it was 34 with a 10 degree wind chill factor. You guys are darn lucky to be able to get such nice weather all year round!!!

dennis10is
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Hit in the racketball courts. With a tennis ball of course. That will help you get your strokes back and help you practice earlier preparation for your strokes.

I play indoor racquetball also and I don't think it is a good idea to hit tennis balls in a racquetball court. The fuzz in the tennis balls will be left on the courts and racqeutball courts should not have tennis fuzzes on them. I don't know the quality of the courts but it is a no-no on a properly maintained racquetball court.

J-man
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Gosh, you guys are picky!!! :)

Just played today and it was in the mid thirties outside. I've also played when it was 34 with a 10 degree wind chill factor. You guys are darn lucky to be able to get such nice weather all year round!!!I would play in that weather but none of my friends seem to care/have the balls to play in that weather:(

Might just hit against wall tomorrow. I get tomorrow off as well maybe I can hit we will see.

Any other ideas guys?