PDA

View Full Version : Need a hitting partner (colorado)

Ballinbob
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey guys

I'm a 3.5 player who lives in Littleton, Colorado and was looking for someone who would hit with me every weekend. I don't really care what level you are, but it would be nice if you are at least at the 3.0 level. Age doesn't matter either. I can drive around too if you want so we could find some courts that would suit both of us. If you don't live that close to Littleton but can hit post anyway, I may be able to make a trip to wherever you live or we could work something out.

And if the weather isn't so nice, we could find some indoor courts and split the cost 50-50. Btw, my preferred courts are the Redstone Courts in Highlands Ranch, Northride Rec in Highlands Ranch, Clements park courts, any courts in Castle Rock would prob work...

Like I said though, we can work something out if those dont work for you

Also if you know any good tennis clubs that have leagues/teams I'd love to hear them. I know Gates Tennis Center has some, but I was looking for something a little closer.

Anyway, if your interested shoot me an email/post here

edit-sry if I posted this in the wrong section. I just saw alot of people asking for hitting partners so I posted this here

Jim A
01-25-2009, 07:17 PM
let's meet up when its not snowing, Gates would probably be in the middle for us, but something between downtown and around I-25 & Colorado would work for me,

Ballinbob
01-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Awesome, sounds good. I should be able to make it up to Gates on weekends, so that should work out. Are you around my level by any chance? Anywhere from 3.0-4.0 should be fine. I just don't want to bore you if your a 4.5-5.0

I have vids up if you want to see them too. Search around the tips section and you'll see them. My backhand is my worst shot, but I can still long rallies with people around my level. Other than my backhand I'm alright.

Jim A
01-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I've only been playing again for a couple months, somewhere between a 3.0/3.5, just depends on who is on the other side of the net. I just scrap, also part of the 1hbh (it was the norm when I learned) club too...

Ballinbob
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
I just talked to my parents and they can't drive me up to Gates this weekend but they can the week after. My dad is busy with work...

However, I could hit at Clements Park or somewhere around there this weekend? My mom doesnt drive much so she doesnt feel comfortable going to Gates, but she can do Clements. Do you want to email me and we can talk through that? I'm sure we could find something that would work this weekend and I'm really eager to play.

Anyway, shoot me an email and we'll talk

thanatos2948
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I live in Centennial right between Orchard and Arapahoe road off I-25. I am a 3.5-4.0 player always looking for people to hit with. I am less than 1 mile from the Holly tennis center. The weather is bad right now but it could turn around at any time here in colorado. Shoot me a post on this board and we will get together for sure.

Ballinbob
01-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I live in Centennial right between Orchard and Arapahoe road off I-25. I am a 3.5-4.0 player always looking for people to hit with. I am less than 1 mile from the Holly tennis center. The weather is bad right now but it could turn around at any time here in colorado. Shoot me a post on this board and we will get together for sure.

Hey, glad to hear you can play. How far away do live from Highlands Ranch (Redstone tennis center) and how far do you live from Clements Park? I live in Chatfield (Roxborough) so Centennial is kinda far.

I'm 15 years old and can't drive either, so my parents would like the most convenient location possible. I'm sure there is a court in the middle of where we live though, there's got to be. I'd love to go out and hit though, so lets see if we cant find something.

Can't wait till this weather gets better lol:)

thanatos2948
01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Not sure where Redstone tennis center is. I live a ways from clements park but I could make the trip if it is to play tennis. You said something about castle rock also and I can easily get there by going straight down 1-25. I'll look around and see if I find anything between us. What about that high school in Highlands Ranch, not sure of the name something like Mountain view or Mount Vista. It may be in the middle for both of us.

Ballinbob
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I go to Thunder Ridge High School, and that's a mile away from Mountain Vista and a mile away from RedStone Tennis Center. So they're relatively close. I can easily make it to anywhere in Highlands Ranch. Look up ThunderRidge highschool/Mountain Vista highschool/RedStone and tell me how far those are from where you live. If they are too far then I'll talk to my parents about going to Castle Rock.

If Highlands Ranch works for you, then we could probably hit every weekend because my mom can drive up there by herself. There are LOADS of courts in Highlands Ranch too btw

If Clements is far away then forget it, im not going to make you drive all the way over there.

thanatos2948
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I can't remember the name of the high school I am talking about but remember the courts being blue with tan borders. I will take a look around next weekend. My best day to play is Sunday. If the weather turns around maybe we could get together this weekend.

Ballinbob
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I can hit any day this weekend. The school your talking about is Mountain Vista Highschool in Highlands Ranch. It doesn't matter what school though. Like I said, Highlands Ranch has loads and loads of courts, so it wont be hard to find one there. If HR is relativley close to where you live then that would be great. It's around a 20 minute drive from where I live. However, if Highlands Ranch just doesn't work, then I'll ask my parents about Castle Rock. Lets see if HR works for both us first though

Weather Sunday is around 50 degrees, and the days before Sunday are all sunny as well so there should be no snow on the courts.

I can hit anytime on weekends. All I do on weekends is play tennis lol

thanatos2948
01-28-2009, 08:48 AM
It looks like the weather may not cooperate with us this weekend. I know it's supposed to get nicer but we need it to warm up soon to get all the ice and snow off the courts. I'll keep track of the weather and if it looks decent we will plan for Sunday.

Ballinbob
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
It looks like the weather may not cooperate with us this weekend. I know it's supposed to get nicer but we need it to warm up soon to get all the ice and snow off the courts. I'll keep track of the weather and if it looks decent we will plan for Sunday.

I actually went and hit today and I was fine. Just a little water on the courts. By Sunday it should be beautiful out. I'll email you my phone number like Friday, for hopefully I'll get my cell phone back by then (got it taken away from parents).

So yeah, everything seems like it should work out for Sunday. Looking froward to it:)

Jim A
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
did you guys get a chance to hit?

I'm slated to play @ Gates/JCC next Sat (12 and 2) but could meet up on Sunday if the weather holds

thanatos2948
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
We did not get out to hit yet. We were thinking about Sunday but it looks like the weather may not cooperate. I could possibly hit next sunday as well. Stay in touch on this board and we will keep an eye on the weather.

thanatos2948
02-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Ballinbob, it's a little cold out today but at least the sky's are clear. If you are interested in getting together at Mountain Vista this morning shoot me a message on this board.

Ballinbob
02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
thanatos, my parents are being gay and wont drive me anywhere. They stopped talking to me and they've stopped feeding/caring/doing anything for me. They think I'm on drugs even though I was clean when searched and the drug test was clean.

I live in Roxborough and I guess I'm stuck here. My parents just wont do anything for me. Im really sorry this didn't work out. If you really want to play I guess you would have to come to Roxborough, but that's ridiculous considering you live in Centennial. I'll email you my phone number and maybe next time.

Mountain Vista is like 15 mins away from here but my parents wont drive me.

Once again, I'm really sorry

oneguy21
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
BallinBob...aren't you forgetting? Never meet strangers that you met online in person.

Mada
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
BallinBob...aren't you forgetting? Never meet strangers that you met online in person.

^He is right. If you are going to anyway, at least have a friend/parent stay during the match. This site is safe, but honestly you never really know.

Jim A
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm out for the weekend unless its on the early side, would need to be done @ gates by 10AM tomorrow..

coach
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
In the future, you can try http://www.tennispartners.com/ and click on the link to FIND A PARTNER. You can search via zipcode and also search according to NTRP level--- and of course it's free.

Ballinbob
02-07-2009, 08:00 AM
dang jim, im going to gates right now to hit with a ball machine. like right now. ill be up there in 30 mins. i just missed you i guess

Jim A
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
too funny, I nearly dropped in to hit on the wall and check on a ball machine, we'll find some court time soon enough

Ballinbob
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
jim, i'm up at Gates every other week for lessons and stuff. if you want we can meet every other week and hit? that would be great for me, and you live close to there anyway right?

Jim A
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
that should work for me, I'm about 15-20 min away but play in the ladder and such there

Ballinbob
02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
that's great! i'll email you then the week after this one

Ballinbob
02-14-2009, 01:29 PM
jim, I asked my parents, I can play next Saturday anywhere from 10:00am-1:15pm. So shoot me an email if your up for some hitting next Sat

Jim A
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll confirm with you Tues/Wed

Blade0324
02-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Hey I live close to Highlands Ranch and Clement Park and can meet up to hit many times. Hit me up here or send me an email and we can set it up. I'm a 3.5-4.0 players. jbswift@ hot mail .com

Ballinbob
02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey I live close to Highlands Ranch and Clement Park and can meet up to hit many times. Hit me up here or send me an email and we can set it up. I'm a 3.5-4.0 players. jbswift@ hot mail .com

Highlands Ranch would be absolutley perfect for me. I can play Fridays,Saturdays,Sundays in Highlands Ranch. I would like to play more but I'm managing the girl's tennis team for my school so I'm going to be busy. But i would love to hit sometime on a weekend

thanatos2948
02-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Ballinbob, blade0324 I also live in the area and am looking for hitting partners. Ballinbob and I tried to set something up a couple of weeks ago but it didn't work out. You can reach me on these boards or shoot me an email and we will set it up. I play 3.5-4.0 and want to play a variety of different people before league season starts.

Ballinbob
02-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Ballinbob, blade0324 I also live in the area and am looking for hitting partners. Ballinbob and I tried to set something up a couple of weeks ago but it didn't work out. You can reach me on these boards or shoot me an email and we will set it up. I play 3.5-4.0 and want to play a variety of different people before league season starts.

Hey I can play tomorrow at Mountain Vista Highschool or ThunderRidge Highschool. Whaddya say? Does tomorrow work for you? Its presidents day so hopefully you wont have work, and weather is pretty nice

Jim A
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm guessing Gates is out of the question for you tomorrow, I have to work a bit early in the AM, then in the late afternoon but am swinging by there to pick up my racquets, hopefully finding a more durable string for my style or lack thereof

Ballinbob
02-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm guessing Gates is out of the question for you tomorrow, I have to work a bit early in the AM, then in the late afternoon but am swinging by there to pick up my racquets, hopefully finding a more durable string for my style or lack thereof

Yeah, Gates doesn't really work well for me except every other Saturday (this upcoming Saturday I can). I live in Roxborough near Chatfield State Park, so its a good 45 minute drive to Gates. Don't worry Jim, we'll find a time lol. Next Saturday I'll be up at Gates and hopefully we can play

Ballinbob
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
thantos sorry if I didnt respond to your email. my comp isnt letting me go on yahoo so I cant check email

thanatos2948
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Down with bronchitis for a week or so. We will set something up after that.

Caloi
02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, this has certainly been an interesting thread. :shock:

Ballinbob
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
^^ What do you mean? I mean it was sucessful, I found two hitting partners. What more could I ask for?

Caloi
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
^^ What do you mean? I mean it was sucessful, I found two hitting partners. What more could I ask for?

Did you guys get out to hit yet? Seemed as if it were a fruitless effort. Glad to hear you've found some hitting partners. Just took me off guard to see, "Hey let's meet up I can make it all the way to CR"..."Wait, my mom won't drive me further than...". I forget how many young people there are on these boards. Otherwise I'd have taken you up on the CR hit.

Jim A
02-28-2009, 07:49 AM
did you get snowed out last week, heading up today instead perhaps?

Ballinbob
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Did you guys get out to hit yet? Seemed as if it were a fruitless effort. Glad to hear you've found some hitting partners. Just took me off guard to see, "Hey let's meet up I can make it all the way to CR"..."Wait, my mom won't drive me further than...". I forget how many young people there are on these boards. Otherwise I'd have taken you up on the CR hit.
Yeah it kinda was a fruitless effort, it didnt work out lol

did you get snowed out last week, heading up today instead perhaps?

I was up there today but completley forgot about checking the boards.

Are you black though? Random question but I played with this black guy today.you werent him were you?

If so, hi lol.Nice playing you haha

Jim A
02-28-2009, 08:55 PM
nope that wasn't me, I think I know who you might've played though

do you just randomly find people to hit with on-site?

Ballinbob
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah, I usually bring 15 bucks for a ball machine and after my time is up with that I find someone to play with. That's how I roll

and this black guy had a negative attitude about everything.I broke his serve in the first game and he said "I heard a noise, I'm redoing that serve". I'm like what the hell dude what noise did you hear? and he didn't even ask if it was ok, he just served it again and aced me. We only played a couple games and none of us broke serve.I should (and did) break him, but he heard a "noise".

pfft what a weird game

edit-Is he bald and kinda short? He takes lessons with Bran at Gates (so do I actually).

Jim A
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
hmm maybe a different guy...but he may have been playing next to me last week

Bran is a trip, I love watching him give lessons to the old lady's with the butterfly nets, dude just makes me laugh