PDA

View Full Version : JK Autograph, Professional Select model?

davesep01
01-26-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Autograph, Professional Select model?

Interesting version of the great wood racquet

anyone know anything about it?

Virginia
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't know in what way it differed from the standard model, other than the graphics.

I have both models - would you like me to post a photo of them side by side? To tell you the truth, I didn't even realise my two models were different, until I read this thread and went to have a look. They were bought at different times and whereas one is displayed on the wall, the other is in a press, along with my other wooden playing racquets.

Virginia
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I had the camera out anyway, so I took a pic of the two models.

The Professional model also has the following on the side of the handle:

Professional Select Specifications
4 1/2 grip-L-M (Range 12.91-13.24oz.)
Balanced Light-in-Head--Consistent Flexibility

The other difference is that the W on the butt cap is black, rather than red.

http://i44.tinypic.com/bhge3m.jpg

vsbabolat
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
In 1978/1979 Wilson made the JK Autograph in black/gold graphics. That is not the difference between a regular JK Auto and a Professional Select Model because there are Professional Select in the traditional red/gold graphics of the JF Auto. I have a Professional Select Model that was made in England. There was also a Professional Select model for the Jack Kramer Pro Staff.

Virginia
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
That's interesting vsbabolat - my Professional Select doesn 't say where it was made.

I've noticed there are quite a number of racquets where the graphics vary, according to the place of manufacture. I wonder why Wilson (and others) didn't stipulate identical graphics for their different factories to adhere to.

vsbabolat
01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
The black/gold graphics JK Auto was also sold in the U.S. In NON Professional Select.

My Professional Select has a little white sticker that has "Made in U.K.". I think yours fell off. I understand that other Professional Select Models were aslo made in Belgium.

davesep01
01-27-2009, 06:58 AM
I have 2 of them, one with traditional graphics and the
other with the black graphics. I used to play the JK Auto in
the wood days, and never knew these existed until recently.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Kirko
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
JK Autograph, Professional Select model?

Interesting version of the great wood racquet

anyone know anything about it?

they made a "firm flex" verison also looked like a stan smith // you know the short "flake". black & white graphics though.