PDA

View Full Version : 200G MW - just how good?... your thoughts...

Ross K
01-28-2009, 06:57 AM
I had one a few years back and recall it as being quite beautifully balanced and weighted and as the comment goes - it truly felt like an extension of one's arm...

But just how good was it/is it?

I also remember a surprising amount of pop, most notably on serve (which def had some zip to it), but also on the fh side (which if I'm not mistaken had a tendency to sail a tad long sometimes.) Aside from this, I recall it being a wonderfully maneuverable, slightly flexy, flat-ish hitting, control orientated and low powered (despite what I said re me over-hitting my fh's!), slightly muted, lush, 'buttery', solid frame.

Anyway... generally kind of talked about in the same sentences as the PT 280/630, the C10 Pro, the Pro Staffs and PSC 6.1, the best of the Dunlop Revelations, etc, etc... just how great really was the 200G MW in ppl's opinions? How do other ppl remember it/ppl who play with it now, describe it?

R.

BTW, I always really rated liked the cosmetics also!

Pushmaster
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
The MW 200G is one of the best racquets ever for flat hitters. Great serving stick, also hits a heavy ball on groundies. Volleys are so-so, more of a baseliners racquet. Terrific feel and touch, also one of the most beautiful paintjobs ever.

gymrat76
01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know how the grip size runs with Dunlop MW 200G? Found one at 4 5/8 and I usually play with a wilson 4 1/2 and o-grip. I wonder if Dunlops run small like Heads..

Ross K
01-28-2009, 11:34 PM
The MW 200G is one of the best racquets ever for flat hitters. Great serving stick, also hits a heavy ball on groundies. Volleys are so-so, more of a baseliners racquet. Terrific feel and touch, also one of the most beautiful paintjobs ever.

Totally agree. I hit with it amid the same period of checking out the PT 630 and Rad Tour TT (xl) and prolly some others too, and therefore don't think I quite appreciated it enough at the time. What I most recall is that incredible weight and balance and how it swings, and the fizzing serves... and the fact that it was such a flat-hitting frame (which doesn't suit me unfortunately.) For me, for sure, it must rank among my personal top 5 ever.

Come on then everyone else!.... how highly do you rate the 200G MW?

R.

Virginia
01-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I haven't played with mine - yet - but I do know it's a highly respected frame and Johny Mac used to play with it too. That, in itself, is a high recommendation.

Pushmaster
01-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know how the grip size runs with Dunlop MW 200G? Found one at 4 5/8 and I usually play with a wilson 4 1/2 and o-grip. I wonder if Dunlops run small like Heads..

The bevels seem slightly rounded off compared to Wilson, so they at least feel smaller.

gymrat76
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
The bevels seem slightly rounded off compared to Wilson, so they at least feel smaller.
Thanks!!!!

thefan
01-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow I always wanted to try one but its so hard to find to I settled for an Ag200 (and Head Instinct). Can someone compare the AG 200 and MW 200 for me?
What exactly makes it a flat hitting racquet?

Mansewerz
01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Wait, head grip sizes feel small?

Max Winther
01-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow I always wanted to try one but its so hard to find to I settled for an Ag200 (and Head Instinct). Can someone compare the AG 200 and MW 200 for me?
What exactly makes it a flat hitting racquet?

The AG200 is a little bit stiffer than the MW. Therefore, the MW has a little more touch and feel. That's about the only difference I can tell. What makes it a flat hitting racquet is that its got a closed string pattern. An 18x20 in a 95 inch head means a lot of control, but not much spin potential.

jayserinos99
01-31-2009, 09:41 PM
The PT280/630 and MW200g 95 are contemporaries of sorts. The MW200g 95 came out a bit later but it was slightly lighter swinging and stiffer than the PT280/630. IMO, it's in the tier below the PT280 for me because although it was a great frame, I just prefer a flexier feel. When I hit with it, it performed great, no real complaints.

Now the MW200g 90 is also a decent frame but is no comparison to my Prestige Classic 600s. Once again, I prefer a flexier frame and the MW200g 90 is slightly stiffer but the biggest gripe was that it was too light-swinging for me. I strung mine fairly low with 18g syn gut and along with the light swing, it just didn't hit a penetrating ball like the Prestige.