PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

serveitup911
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey, after a long break from the TW forums, I will be posting a bit.
I'm excited for my senior season at Furman!
Check out our schedule: http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/furm-m-tennis-body.html

Mdubb23
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey, after a long break from the TW forums, I will be posting a bit.
I'm excited for my senior season at Furman!
Check out our schedule: http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-tennis/furm-m-tennis-body.html

Great to have you, man. Your recruiting thing continues to help tons of posters on here, including myself.

Fedace
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Do you guys webcams like Stanford where we can watch your matches live ?

serveitup911
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Great to have you, man. Your recruiting thing continues to help tons of posters on here, including myself.

That's nice to hear; I'm glad I could help!

Do you guys webcams like Stanford where we can watch your matches live ?

No, unfortunately we do not. We don't have the kind of budget that the really large programs have.

I have some ultra slo-mo video of me hitting that I can probably post within a couple of weeks if people are interested.

Fedace
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
So what racket are you using now 911 ? Have you switched to the K-factors ? K-blade perhaps ?

serveitup911
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
So what racket are you using now 911 ? Have you switched to the K-factors ? K-blade perhaps ?

Still the trusty nBlade 106 for me. I tried the kBlade 104 & 98, but didn't like them as much, so I stocked up on the nBlades.

Fedace
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Many agree that N-blade was a better frame than the new K-blades. i tried both 98 and 93 tour version and i loved both. i actually liked the 93 tour little better. i was able to serve big with it.

BigBUBBA
01-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey! Your recruiting thread helped a many useless threads end...THANK YOU! Haha.

That's a pretty rigorous schedule you got there near the end of the season! Good luck!

And how did you do at the Navy tourney? My brother attend the USNA

~Bubbs

Sleepstream
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I hope to see a good match vs Clemson on 2/11.

dr_punk
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
furman? I know a guy who goes to furman, he doesn't play tennis for them but you might know him

Mdubb23
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
furman? I know a guy who goes to furman, he doesn't play tennis for them but you might know him

Pretty slim chances.

JMS
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Pretty slim chances.

Not really, it is a small school.

J011yroger
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Good to see you back man, always put up good threads/replies.

Good luck in your senior year.

J

saram
01-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Still the trusty nBlade 106 for me. I tried the kBlade 104 & 98, but didn't like them as much, so I stocked up on the nBlades.

106? WOW. Never heard of anyone playing at this level with a head that large!

Good luck this year!

Mdubb23
02-01-2009, 06:07 AM

Good luck this year!

The head pro at my club played on tour for 6 or 7 years (reached #61 in the world), and he plays with the POG 110.

JMS
02-01-2009, 07:50 AM

Good luck this year!

And just some unknown guy named Andre Agassi.

Mdubb23
02-01-2009, 08:40 AM
And just some unknown guy named Andre Agassi.

Haha, well put. Vince Spadea also plays with the POG 107.

JMS
02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Haha, well put. Vince Spadea also plays with the POG 107.

But still you are correct, it is fairly rare to find OS racquets at the top levels.

serveitup911
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Sometimes I question using a 106 myself, but I am really used to it now.
The racquet still has less power than something like a pure drive, which tons of players use. For me, a racquet MUST be extended length, and it was the only extended length racquet that I really liked when I was looking for new frames.

J011yroger
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
^^^ Do you like it and are you winning matches with it? That is all that matters.

Play on!

J

Mdubb23
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
^^^ Do you like it and are you winning matches with it? That is all that matters.

Play on!

J

Could not have put it better myself.

AndrewD
02-02-2009, 08:21 PM
For me, a racquet MUST be extended length, and it was the only extended length racquet that I really liked when I was looking for new frames.

Why is that and can you outline the process you and other players of your calibre follow when looking to change racquets (winning matches being the reason you stay with a racquet, not choose it in the first place).

Dan,

I asked for your recruiting thread to be made into a sticky but the moderators might have overlooked it because the request didn't come from the OP. I think it'd be very helpful for people if it was permanently on the first page of the forum (most didn't know it existed until I linked to it - not surprising as most don't bother to search). Perhaps if you asked the mods they'd be more likely to pay attention.

Thanks and good luck with this year.

Fedace
02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Sometimes I question using a 106 myself, but I am really used to it now.
The racquet still has less power than something like a pure drive, which tons of players use. For me, a racquet MUST be extended length, and it was the only extended length racquet that I really liked when I was looking for new frames.

How much of a extension can you tolerate ? How long can the racket be without losing too much control ?

serveitup911
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Play on!

J

Well, I like it. I wish I could experiment a bit with the setup, but I don't want to change anything mid-season. I guess I win matches with it. I went 9-0 in conference at #3 singles last season. Hehe, it was a good year!

Why is that and can you outline the process you and other players of your calibre follow when looking to change racquets (winning matches being the reason you stay with a racquet, not choose it in the first place).

Dan,

I asked for your recruiting thread to be made into a sticky but the moderators might have overlooked it because the request didn't come from the OP. I think it'd be very helpful for people if it was permanently on the first page of the forum (most didn't know it existed until I linked to it - not surprising as most don't bother to search). Perhaps if you asked the mods they'd be more likely to pay attention.

Thanks and good luck with this year.

Thanks for the well wishes!
To answer your first question, the extended length really helps my 2 handed backhand, which is my weapon. It gives me more leverage and I like the longer grip.
I think most high level players don't change racquets very often, and when they do, they just want something similar to what they were playing.
I'll look into the sticky suggestion - I'm glad that thread is helping people.

How much of a extension can you tolerate ? How long can the racket be without losing too much control ?

When I was very young, I played with a racquet called the Dunlop Revelation Lite that was 28 inches. I played fine with that, and I suspect that playing with that length at a young age is what predisposed me to extended length. My preferred length in 27.5 inches. I played a lot of tennis with the i.Prestige MP XL and the Dunlop M-Fil 200 Plus, which were both 27.5 inches. My current racquet, the nBlade 106, is 27.38 inches. As far as loss of control, I haven't noticed any. Any change requires an adjustment period, but I think weight and balance affect the feel of a swing more than length.