PDA

View Full Version : Real Oldschool Please!

RanchDressing
01-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Does anyone else really wish there were oldschool wooden raquets being remade?
I personally would LOOOVE to see some realistic weight replicas made out of modern materials. :twisted:
They are amazing for training I have concluded, and personally I would love to see an exibition tourney where the pros are required to play with old raquets. And then have a round robin on different surfaces. Maybe like everyone plays each other on clay and then for the ultimate oldschool, on grass.
Or just grass....
But does anyone else want oldschool raquets to be made (in some form whether wood or new materials) and does anyone want to see like federer and nadal go at it in a true classic, with woodies in hand (no pun intended, SERIOUSLY) pounding the ball... that would be like the sickest match ever. Then have them wear pants and vests and stuff....
Am i just weird?:confused:

plasma
01-29-2009, 12:29 AM
not weird at all, I often long for 81 square inch racquets, 85's, racquets with a nice flex, the stuff made today is crap from a research, design, marketing and manufacturing standpoint...
we're all weird here
that's why we get along
welcome home

RanchDressing
01-31-2009, 09:49 PM
not weird at all, I often long for 81 square inch racquets, 85's, racquets with a nice flex, the stuff made today is crap from a research, design, marketing and manufacturing standpoint...
we're all weird here
that's why we get along
welcome home

yeah im basically the only one i know who enjoys to hit with a woodie...
especially when im hurting (arm gets beat up alot during the slow build up process, u know early on... well im not inexperienced.... just nvm) and am thinking i cant play... i go out and swing this bat like thing expecting to be in pain and its actually like theraputic. Helps your stamina, timing, footwork, strength, increases your appreciation ect...
so many new players just dont appreciate what the old dudes did with racquets. Nowadays i see noobs with these super highpowered racquets blasting the ball... into orbit! and before i used to wonder why so many kids were hitting over the fenses....

khw72004
01-31-2009, 10:11 PM
This is a good concept but the older generation really did make better rackets. I wouldn't know how new 81sq in rackets will compare to the 81 sq in rackets in the past.

RanchDressing
01-31-2009, 10:19 PM
This is a good concept but the older generation really did make better rackets. I wouldn't know how new 81sq in rackets will compare to the 81 sq in rackets in the past.
or if they just respewed out oldies but with new pj or somthing.
I know one that would sell like hot cakes!(prestige!)
but just the same racquet.
tennis racquets are like the only thing i feel worsk with the old"if it still works dont fix it" motto... to a certain degree obviously (if we were still playing with little wooden racquets that wouldn't be all that great, it could be cool but.... you get my drift)
i better hit the sack before I post somthing that nobody understands! ;)