PDA

View Full Version : Head TXE

khw72004
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Head TXE

Anyone still play with this? I picked one up recently and just love how it feels

What are the specs on this racket. I am not sure what is it made of either

MichaelChang
01-29-2009, 11:59 AM
do a search you will find quite some posts of it.

plasma
01-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I played it for 2 years bitd, you can take amazing cuts at the ball with that thing, similar to the edge but less friendly, meaner, stiffer, tougher, excellent stick, let's see the pics!!!!

anirut
02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
I wish Head reissues the TXE ...

Bud
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM

How about a quick comparison to the standard Graphite Edge?

plasma
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
edge feels thicker, flexier, smoother and softer, more like a classic racquet, in fact, if you like the POG, ps 85, 200g feel...welcome home

txe-much stiffer but not so stiff as to be dead like the new awful prestige... txe has just enough flex for power hitters to take aggresive precise cuts...

Bud
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
edge feels thicker, flexier, smoother and softer, more like a classic racquet, in fact, if you like the POG, ps 85, 200g feel...welcome home

txe-much stiffer but not so stiff as to be dead like the new awful prestige... txe has just enough flex for power hitters to take aggresive precise cuts...

Perfect brief review... thanks! :)

Deuce
02-04-2009, 01:21 AM

The POG, PS 85, Max 200G, and Graphite Edge all have very, very different feels.

proracketeer
02-04-2009, 01:47 AM
I wish Head or TW reissues the TXE

khw72004
02-04-2009, 07:13 AM
The Head edge is a good racket but I do prefer the TXE stiffness over the Edge.

plasma
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
they are all v8's with classic feel deuce, sure the ps is more crisp with kevlar, and it's manuverability is different than the 200g but they are put in the same category feelwise becasue of their dwell time; due to thick coarse strands of graphite, the type that no longer exist, were used to make them....please don't start an insulting 7th grade argument about qualitative differences (e.g. "is not...is tooo!") just respect my opinion and I'll respect yours and we'll leave it at that. Alternately, I can send you a 9.5/10 near mint ps 85 China for never posting in CRT forum again...I was having such a good day too!!!!!!
http://i40.tinypic.com/232l3b.jpg
please Deuce, no insults or cheap shots, you've got more of them than this guy, Miagi ask, "leave plasma alone!" "Arigato gozaimasta, sionara!"

Bud
02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
they are all v8's with classic feel deuce, sure the ps is more crisp with kevlar, and it's manuverability is different than the 200g but they are put in the same category feelwise becasue of their dwell time; due to thick coarse strands of graphite, the type that no longer exist, were used to make them....please don't start an insulting 7th grade argument about qualitative differences (e.g. "is not...is tooo!") just respect my opinion and I'll respect yours and we'll leave it at that. Alternately, I can send you a 9.5/10 near mint ps 85 China for never posting in CRT forum again...I was having such a good day too!!!!!!

please Deuce, no insults or cheap shots, you've got more of them than this guy, Miagi ask, "leave plasma alone!" "Arigato gozaimasta, sionara!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Deuce
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM

On top of being a juvenile cheap shot artist, you're also clearly the petty type who can't accept being told that you are wrong... especially when you are wrong.

You view yourself as the 'ringmaster' of this sub-forum.
That might explain why it's becoming more and more like a circus every day.

Bud
02-05-2009, 02:12 AM
On top of being a juvenile cheap shot artist, you're also clearly the petty type who can't accept being told that you are wrong... especially when you are wrong.

You view yourself as the 'ringmaster' of this sub-forum.
That might explain why it's becoming more and more like a circus every day.

How is it your opinion is correct and his is wrong?

Please take his offer for the PS85 :lol:

plasma
02-05-2009, 07:28 AM
no, no, Deuce is correct on this one...I admit it, I was wrong, he caught me lowballing on the first offer. Deuce, your silence is worth much more to us than a 9/10 prostaff, please accept my offer for a NWT st. vincents....
http://i44.tinypic.com/33ojtr8.jpg

Deuce
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
How is it your opinion is correct and his is wrong?
That the 4 racquets mentioned are all very different in feel is not opinion, but fact.

Had you an honest bone in your body - instead of the petty bias you possess - you'd agree.

Please take his offer for the PS85 :lol:
Why? Is it his sub-section to make these decisions?

He's nothing more than a paltry circus clown desperate to behave like the ringmaster.

That you choose to be his disciple is rather indicative of your range, as well...

Sadly, I expect no different from you.

Virginia
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh, come on Deuce, don't be like that! We should all be mates here - don't let petty differences spoil things.

We all respect you greatly for your knowledge and wit, you know. :)

plasma
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree Virginia, this forum is a positive and happy place...personally, I'm not here to judge anyone or be argumentative,... just to share my odd but genuine love for racquets...I respect all other collectors and their opinions...just wish you all would post more pics!!!!

Virginia
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Ah, pics, yes. The trouble is to post pics (for me at least) is one BIG hassle. :)

Deuce
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh, come on Deuce, don't be like that! We should all be mates here - don't let petty differences spoil things.

I beg your pardon?!
All I did was point out that the 4 racquets mentioned play and feel very different from each other - which is something I and many others do on a regular basis over in the comparatively much more sane 'regular Racquets' section.
It's something that is very simple and benign.

Then these two clowns began taking one cheap shot after another.

Is everyone here nuts?

Virginia
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
No, we're not nuts.

All you did was point out..... blah, blah. Ahem, no, you said:

He's nothing more than a paltry circus clown desperate to behave like the ringmaster.

That you choose to be his disciple is rather indicative of your range, as well...
Hardly simple and benign, is it.

Deuce
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
No, we're not nuts.

All you did was point out..... blah, blah. Ahem, no, you said:

Hardly simple and benign, is it.
Sorry, Virginia - but you appear to be no better than the other two.

Does perspective mean anything to you?
Does context?
You appear old enough to be capable of defining these elements.

You might want to put your glasses on and read the thread PROPERLY before embarrassing yourself with another erroneous perspective.

What I posted was this:
The POG, PS 85, Max 200G, and Graphite Edge all have very, very different feels.
That's all.
Yeah - benign. Nothing more.

Then the other two began their cheap shots.

If you want to be in the same category as the other two, that's your choice.
But it's not a very intelligent choice.

There appears to be a few ugly personalities monopolizing this sub-forum - people who think they are 'special' because they collect old racquets...

Virginia
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
You seem to have overlooked the fact that (1) he made a disclaimer afterwards and (2) that he even apologised.

Sorry, but I think you're the one out of step here. We still love you though, for your insight and knowledge of the classics. :)

Deuce
02-05-2009, 10:46 PM
You seem to have overlooked the fact that (1) he made a disclaimer afterwards and (2) that he even apologised.

Sorry, but I think you're the one out of step here.
I overlooked nothing. The things you claim do not exist in reality. The things he wrote, he wrote with utter and juvenile sarcasm.
By your grey hair, I'd have thought you'd be able to figure that out.
There was certainly no "apology" - nor would I expect one from one of his ilk.

My assessment of those two is spot on.
You're the one who doesn't get it.

You'll likely realize it one day...

Bud
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM

We all respect you greatly for your knowledge and wit, you know. :)

We do?? :D

Bud
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I beg your pardon?!
All I did was point out that the 4 racquets mentioned play and feel very different from each other - which is something I and many others do on a regular basis over in the comparatively much more sane 'regular Racquets' section.
It's something that is very simple and benign.

Then these two clowns began taking one cheap shot after another.

Is everyone here nuts?

You gotta start wondering huh... when you have to ask if it's everyone else who are nuts... ;-)

Bud
02-05-2009, 11:50 PM
I overlooked nothing. The things you claim do not exist in reality. The things he wrote, he wrote with utter and juvenile sarcasm.
By your grey hair, I'd have thought you'd be able to figure that out.
There was certainly no "apology" - nor would I expect one from one of his ilk.

My assessment of those two is spot on.
You're the one who doesn't get it.

You'll likely realize it one day...

Why do you bother posting if you hate everybody on the forum (and vice versa).

Most people here barely tolerate you as you're getting progressively more obnoxious.

Deuce
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM
You gotta start wondering huh... when you have to ask if it's everyone else who are nuts... ;-)
No - I'm not wondering at all.
In this case, it's extremely clear.
Unlike in your grade 4 class, the majority is not always right.
The majority is, in fact, most often wrong - it's an equation you aren't capable of understanding.

Why do you bother posting if you hate everybody on the forum (and vice versa).

Most people here barely tolerate you as you're getting progressively more obnoxious.

I "hate everybody"???
Your mind works in strange ways.
Virginia clearly misinterpreted your clown buddy's posts - so I mentioned that someone her age should be able to see what was clearly there to see. Where's the "hate" in that? It's just the plain truth - people of her age can usually see the obvious.

As far as "obnoxious" goes... that would be you and your little 'gang' of 'racquet collectors' who have unfortunately gathered here in your exclusive little club of a sub-forum to be pompous and feel 'special' because you have a bunch of old racquets.
You whine about how you are all so special that you must be segregated from all of the undesireable 'regular' people in the mere 'Racquets' forum...
Your collective behaviour is pretty much the very definition of 'obnoxious'.

And where do you get this "most people here" stuff?
The people I get along with best on this board - and there are several of them - display a vastly superior intellect to the level you typically function at.
And they are also infinitely more honest than you.
And not full of cheap shots, as you are.
Are they in the majority? Of course not. When was the last time that honest, intelligent persons made up the majority?
The majority is unfortunately made up of persons of your grade.

You can throw your childish trash at me all you like. It seems that you oddly feel that the more often you do it, the more 'right' you become...

Any reasonably intelligent and honest person reading this thread, however, can very clearly see that all I did was post an extremely inoffensive, benign one-sentence post... and then your clown buddy and you began with the classless cheap shots that are so typical of your behaviour.
It's also extremely evident - based on a large number of your posts - that you comprehend precious little about life.

Bud
02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
No - I'm not wondering at all.
In this case, it's extremely clear. OK, here it comes, folks...

Unlike in your grade 4 class, the majority is not always right. Wow, very effective insult!

The majority is, in fact, most often wrong - it's an equation you aren't capable of understanding. And another zinger! :lol:

I "hate everybody"??? Yes, it appears so... especially when their opinion differs from your own. You obviously have a problem understanding the difference between fact and opinion.

Your mind works in strange ways. Perhaps, it's your mind that's the problem.

Virginia clearly misinterpreted your clown buddy's posts - so I mentioned that someone her age should be able to see what was clearly there to see. Where's the "hate" in that? It's just the plain truth - people of her age can usually see the obvious. Can't bypass getting a completely unrelated dig in there about Virginia based on her avatar. Very Classy!

As far as "obnoxious" goes... that would be you and your little 'gang' of 'racquet collectors' who have unfortunately gathered here in your exclusive little club of a sub-forum to be pompous and feel 'special' because you have a bunch of old racquets. Here's a newsflash, TW started this 'little club' on its own. Why don't you list all of the obnoxious racquet collector gang members.

You whine about how you are all so special that you must be segregated from all of the undesireable 'regular' people in the mere 'Racquets' forum...
Your collective behaviour is pretty much the very definition of 'obnoxious'. Wow, you really are losing it. I found this forum by accident and never requested any such forum from TW. I, and perhaps others here, could care less having a separate forum for Classic racquets. It is what it is... don't like it? Don't post.

And where do you get this "most people here" stuff? Would you like to take a poll? :)

The people I get along with best on this board - and there are several of them - display a vastly superior intellect to the level you typically function at. Please list these special people.

And they are also infinitely more honest than you. In your opinion.

And not full of cheap shots, as you are. Says the guy (assuming you are) that makes comments about other members age and hair color.

Are they in the majority? Of course not. When was the last time that honest, intelligent persons made up the majority? Not a problem you have to worry about.

The majority is unfortunately made up of persons of your grade. Another cheap shot by the hypocrite.

You can throw your childish trash at me all you like. It seems that you oddly feel that the more often you do it, the more 'right' you become... Lol! Thanks for the analysis.

Any reasonably intelligent and honest person reading this thread, however, can very clearly see that all I did was post an extremely inoffensive, benign one-sentence post... and then your clown buddy and you began with the classless cheap shots that are so typical of your behaviour. I think most people reading this post will realize you're a complete jerk the majority of the time

Sorry Deuce, but you seemingly have a few screws loose, based on your angry posts and silly statements... is that honest enough for you? :D

** Go post in the rants and raves and quit wasting everyone's time and energy in this forum responding to your tripe.

Bud
02-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Once again... Deuce tries to derail a perfectly good thread and make it all about him.

Let's bring it back on topic and simply ignore this troll.

Virginia
02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Seems there's no oil that will work on these troubled waters.

Now, where's that ignore list again?

Bud
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM

Is there an ignore list? :)

Virginia
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Well there should be one, alongside the buddy list, but evidently the administrator here has disabled it.

Deuce
02-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Once again... Deuce tries to derail a perfectly good thread and make it all about him.

^ That's mildly funny.
You, your clown buddy, and Virginia are the ones who desperately insisted on making this all about me with your cheap shot insults.

Remember me? - I'm the guy who innocently posted
"The POG, PS 85, Max 200G, and Graphite Edge all have very, very different feels."
That's all I did - the proof is right above in the posts.
Then you and your buddies went 'loco' with all sorts of cheap shot personal insults about me.
And now you are - typically - accusing ME of "derailing the thread" and making it all about me.
It has been evident for months that you have great difficulty both following logic and being honest. Why you insist on perpetually reminding us of these defects of yours is a mystery.

^ Ignore lists are for cowards who can't handle the truth, so they hide from it.

Bud
02-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Well there should be one, alongside the buddy list, but evidently the administrator here has disabled it.

I agree. Sometimes it's better to be completely unaware of another's existence.

Bud
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
^ That's mildly funny.
You, your clown buddy, and Virginia are the ones who desperately insisted on making this all about me with your cheap shot insults.

Remember me? - I'm the guy who innocently posted
"The POG, PS 85, Max 200G, and Graphite Edge all have very, very different feels."
That's all I did - the proof is right above in the posts.
Then you and your buddies went 'loco' with all sorts of cheap shot personal insults about me.
And now you are - typically - accusing ME of "derailing the thread" and making it all about me.
It has been evident for months that you have great difficulty both following logic and being honest. Why you insist on perpetually reminding us of these defects of yours is a mystery.

^ Ignore lists are for cowards who can't handle the truth, so they hide from it.

Deuce, that, which you highlighted in blue text, is called an opinion. Would you like me to define it for you, too?

If you don't agree with Plasma's assessment that's fine. Next time, leave it at that.

Bud
02-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Now, can we get back on track with this thread?

Deuce
02-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Deuce, that, which you highlighted in blue text, is called an opinion. Would you like me to define it for you, too?
No - in this case, it's a fact.
Kind of like saying that blue, red, green, and black are different colours.

Again - these kinds of posts are very regularly posted in the regular 'Racquets' forum - usually without incident.

If you don't agree with Plasma's assessment that's fine. Next time, leave it at that.
Umm... I DID leave it at that.
Your clown buddy was the one who responded to my benign post with the childish cheap shots and insults.
That is also a fact.

For someone who constantly whines about how much energy you "waste" in responding to me, you sure do respond to me an awful lot.
Can't help yourself, I guess...

Virginia
02-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Deuce, don't you have any sense of humour? I was joking about the ignore list - I knew it wasn't enabled here.

Deuce
02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Deuce, don't you have any sense of humour? I was joking about the ignore list - I knew it wasn't enabled here.
Yeah - those who know me often tell me that I have a great sense of humour, actually...

Bud
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
OK, now can we get this thread back on track?

The thread is about a Head TXE.

proracketeer
02-06-2009, 02:02 AM
... and TW should bring it back

plasma
02-06-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm trying lord....( I mean Bud)
....thanks to a stocky kid named Alex, who I went to high school with, I played a pair of txe's for two years. He sold me both of his for cheap. They defintetely are a more modern version of the edge. The edge, like the pog, ps 85, 200g, was a classical stroking racquet, designed for long fluid, even strokes produced equally with the whole body unit...if you liked to get a little more action on the ball and had a quicker, shorted, whippier, choppier more modern stroke, the txp was perfect...just like the pro-t, the txe kept the original frame shape and totally redesigned the internal layup....If you want to know what it's like to hit cleanly through a ball, with flex, feel, plough through and dwell time get an edge...if you like to put a little salsa on your chimichanga and really take cuts at the ball, lighten up and tighten up with the more modern (yet now retro) txe...
stiff but not harsh...crisp, the txe was all about performance, not frills or goofy marketing hype!

anirut
02-06-2009, 04:42 AM
... was a classical stroking racquet, designed for long fluid, even strokes produced equally with the whole body unit ...

Man, I had some "funny" images in my head reading that part. You know what I mean ... :shock:

galain
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM
.if you like to put a little salsa on your chimichanga ....

You think YOU had funny images.......?

psp2
02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I just found a set of grommets for my TXE, which I sold. Anyone need a replacement set?

MichaelChang
02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
I just found a set of grommets for my TXE, which I sold. Anyone need a replacement set?

Is it 20 years old? If the thing is still in good/usable shape then I need that. please email me through my name. and how much you asking for. thanks.

Bud
02-15-2009, 01:33 AM

How about the person you sold it to? :)

plasma
02-15-2009, 04:35 PM
who's got some pix of this thing?...looks like an edge covered with graph paper...

khw72004
02-16-2009, 08:48 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/qnv30y.jpg

plasma
03-02-2009, 01:00 AM
looks like they rebuilt the head edge, better, faster, stronger. KHW and bud need to face my bold groundbreaking hypothesis that the graphite pro is a midsize edge and the txp is an 89.5 txe. hopefully will have a graph pro and txe on court soon for confirmation.

retrowagen
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
looks like they rebuilt the head edge, better, faster, stronger. KHW and bud need to face my bold groundbreaking hypothesis that the graphite pro is a midsize edge and the txp is an 89.5 txe. hopefully will have a graph pro and txe on court soon for confirmation.

The TXE was a stiffer, harsher Graphite Edge.
The TXP was a stiffer, harsher Graphite Pro. More or less.

Relative to the GE, the TXE was thinner in beam. Relative to the GP, the TXP was too, but with the addition of the full-length "CAP" bumper (which tweets as the racket is swung). Having been familiar with the "box-beam" Heads of the day, including the TXE, I remember playtesting the TXP when it was first introduced in 1986. It felt harsh; had none of the soft, happy feel of the Graphite Edge, Director, or Vector. The TXE definitely felt a little stiffer than the Graphite Edge, but still had that soft feel. At the time, I thought the TXE (which was by then discontinued) was superior to the TXP in terms of feel and overall performance, and it didn't have the annoying whistle.

Funny how now the PC600 (essentially the TXP beneath the red paint) is regarded as a benchmark in terms of feel and flexibility, but then it was relatively tinny. We didn't know how good we had it at the time.

plasma
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
what a perfect review. I played the pc 600 and prestige tour when they came out. Head always had that tinny feel after the txe. Head was a high performance pro rack. I guess they didn't feel the need to provide feel and touch on top of that.
Can't think of another rack that muted vibration as well and was as stiff as the txe.
All traces of ping, metallic stiffness and harsh feel were surgically excorcised from the original edge to create it's voodoo chile: the txe.

tandayu
03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
XRC, comp edge, graph edge matte, graph edge glossy, graph edge 2, TXE

http://i7.tinypic.com/21m6djo.jpg

plasma
03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
how does the edge 2 play? I think the txe was stiffer but more muted than the edge. Some of the best composition for a racquet ever.

Deuce
03-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Graphite Edge 2 is the same as the Graphite Edge. The only differences are the graphics, the string pattern density, and the Edge 2 has a bumper.

They are the same mold and hit exactly the same.

plasma
03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
your hypothesis sounds elusive, if we could melt down the two frames or slice them with say a band saw...?????; seems odd to issue a second edition with the exact same specs and composition. If only I could demo an edge 2...was the matte edge the same as the glossy edge?

Deuce
03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
It's not a hypothesis, it comes from owning and playing with both.

It doesn't seem odd at all to me to issue a slightly updated version of a racquet - adding a bumper guard and changing the density of the strings in the sweet spot.

That was in the 80s, when racquet models lasted a while on the market - unlike today, when frames are radically 'updated' every 2 years or so...

plasma
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
the Austrian prestige pro is a larger version of the txe with the same composition, no way to mistake that unique feel.

khw72004
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
but the TXE is a 16/18 string pattern.

retrowagen
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
the Austrian prestige pro is a larger version of the txe with the same composition, no way to mistake that unique feel.

Actually, they do not share the same composition. The Prestige Pro had Twaron fiber in its layup whilst the TXE did not.

plasma
03-17-2009, 07:55 PM
does anyone know for a fact that the txe didn't contain twaron??? I'm guessing that it does as it feels a lot like the prestige pro. Head edge was flexible on slow balls but turned into stiff steel on 80 mph shots. TXE was stiff on everything, but not as stiff as the graphite edge on super hard balls. also the txe dampened in the exact same way as the prestige pro....
I can't beleive that the hash and sex museum are going strong and still no 8.5 million for the racquet museum. Once the museum gets going we'll be able to melt down some racquets and determine the composition.

jimbo333
03-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Hahaha, and having been to the hash and sex museum (they are seperate unfortunately), I can see why they are going strong:)

Still think we can get it going for 1.5 million though:):)

retrowagen
03-18-2009, 08:52 AM
does anyone know for a fact that the txe didn't contain twaron??? I'm guessing that it does as it feels a lot like the prestige pro. Head edge was flexible on slow balls but turned into stiff steel on 80 mph shots. TXE was stiff on everything, but not as stiff as the graphite edge on super hard balls. also the txe dampened in the exact same way as the prestige pro....

Enka BV, the dutch company who invented Twaron, didn't release it until 1986 for consumer products. Meaning, one of the first comsumer applications of this aramide fiber was in the 1986 Head TXP. TXE production was from 1984 to 1985.

Head must have increased the graphite percentage in the TXE (relative to that in the Graphite Edge) and configured it in such a way as to "tune" it to play stiffer.

plasma
03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
the txe only plays stiffer than the edge on soft shots, on all shots it has superb dampening and feels identical to the original prestige....it maintains a continuous flex like the prestige pro, unlike the 200g and edge which flex according to incoming pressure...
http://i39.tinypic.com/rsflhc.jpg
there's sezium, twaron, kryptonite, some similar super compound in the txe and prestige pro...
my family (Grandmother and Father) been runnin' from their own Austrian/German Empire since 1910! Maybe I should send an email to kennelbach requesting proprietary secrets of the txe as reparations. I think EU citizenship is in order as well,...I want my 40 falaffels and a hummus!

Hannah19
03-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Anyone interested in a mint condition TXE with cover and original string still in it or a Graphite Edge without cover before I put them up for auction?
Let me know before the end of this weekend!!

retrowagen
03-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Anyone interested in a mint condition TXE with cover and original string still in it or a Graphite Edge without cover before I put them up for auction?

Sure. Contact me at retrowagen <at> yahoo <dot> com...

TMR
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Sure. Contact me at retrowagen <at> yahoo <dot> com...

also interested: ahanesthesiaa at gmail dot com

tandayu
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Will pay $100/each if mint
rij_tan@yahoo.com

Caloi
03-21-2009, 06:25 AM
See my sig, also, email sent. I only want one more Edge to match the one I just got. I will NOT pay $100 for the Edge however. lol

khw72004
03-21-2009, 03:15 PM
can you just post some picture of the mint on the forum. just so we can see

Hannah19
03-23-2009, 08:03 AM
By theway, the Graphite Edge found a new home.

Hannah19
03-23-2009, 08:04 AM
How do I upload the images?

plasma
03-23-2009, 12:16 PM
is the txe an 81 like the egde or is it a tiny bit bigger???

craniopath
12-11-2011, 05:11 AM
I wonder whether anyone still has some spare txt grommets collecting dust somewhere or has a viable idea for replacing the grommets (and preferebaly bumper guard).

many thanks in advance

Roadway
12-15-2011, 08:42 AM

i found it was a little bigger than Edge

coachrick
12-15-2011, 01:21 PM

i found it was a little bigger than Edge

Maybe 81 1/2 :) Lining them up, the only difference is the trimmer tube circumference of the TXE vs the slightly boxy Gr. Edge. Of course, the TXE eliminates shared holes by dropping two mains and spreading the pattern--6 mains within the yoke vs 8 on the original Gr. Edge.