PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys deal with an off day?

KBlade
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Where nothing goes right...you know...

ive been playing pretty good all week until today. serve feel apart and the groundstrokes were all sailing waaay long. Usually I'd get very bitter and angry and let it diffuse within me. But today I came home and had a few shots of vodka and its almost like all my problems just disappeared. Feels good.

How do you guys deal with bad days and continue playing good the very next time???

Master Flow
01-30-2009, 09:52 PM
haha, well i go for the beer personally....not
anywawys if i play horrible and its a practice i just leave. there is no point in me playing if im bad you dont learn squat (and i get angery like no other).
After i leave i think about it and let my mind think of possible things i was doing to make me play bad. then the next day im fine.

NamRanger
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
When you are having a bad day, just take a break, reflect on what you were doing bad, and try to fix whatever you were doing wrong. Bad days are extremely important in a tennis player's career; they really expose your flaws, and you can learn alot from these types of days.

If this is during a match, minimize the errors and play percentage tennis. Make your opponent beat you. Do your best to keep the ball in play and deep. If he beats you, it's ok. Just try and learn from it, and improve.

halalula1234
01-31-2009, 02:53 AM
i get angry for 5 mins and the forget about it and start over next time

LeeD
01-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Just remember...
In sports, as in life, you are judged by your bad days.
YOU know they're your bad days. Everyone else thinks it's a normal day.
You judge your ability by your best days, which no one else ever sees !!

racquetstudio
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Jose Higueras used to say "don't get mad,get better"