PDA

View Full Version : What kind of stroke would you like?

[K]aotic
01-31-2009, 12:10 AM
The poll is as simple as that. Would you rather have loopy spinny strokes or deep driving shots that move through the courts! share your opinions!

halalula1234
01-31-2009, 03:56 AM
i think its best for us all to be able to hit them all :D. i hit most of my bh with a bit more spin than my flat fh. idk for me i;ll love to have them both haha

LeeD
01-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Of course, at any decent level of tennis, you have to be able to employ BOTH.
But as an old, out of shape, injured, and slow reacting bufoon, I'd rather hit with less energy and more results....meaning fast ball with little swing.
They say, youth is wasted on the young. And they have all the energy.

Rickson
01-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Flat bombs are less consistent, but produce more winners than loopy groundstrokes.

oneguy21
01-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Doesn't everyone have both?

Rickson
01-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Ever see Xavier play?

oneguy21
01-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Ever see Xavier play?

Xavier Malisse? Are you saying he just has flat bombs?

I saw hit some shots with good loopy spin against Roddick.

Djokovicfan4life
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Xavier Malisse? Are you saying he just has flat bombs?

I saw hit some shots with good loopy spin against Roddick.

He is saying that he has both kinds of shots. Didn't you see how he responded to your question?

As far as rallying from from the baseline, I would rather have loopy shots that don't make errors, but with heavy topspin that makes them hard to handle at the same time. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to develop a "heavy" ball.

I'm looking to win my points at net anyway, so trying to go for winners from the backcourt is just asking for trouble more often than not. Besides, at my level, most of the points are decided on errors. Sad, but true. the steadier player will always win.