PDA

View Full Version : help on how to talk to coach about something

tennisdude42
01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
im one of the best players on the team. but the coach wants to put me in doubles instead of singles. she put two ppl in singles that are around my level. what would be a nice way to convince her to put me in singles?

ThA_Azn_DeViL
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Lmao, im in the same situation with you right now, she keeps me in Dubs with this guy i dont like, and I got to the semi-finals by myself in singles, losing to my friend who plays for Varsity (im on JV), If your asking me, I would just prove to her that your better off singles, beat the other singles players she put on.

tennisdude42
01-31-2009, 01:16 PM
So how would i word that. Lol...the problem is that i wanna sound nice and not "hey ***** whyd u put me in dubs"...XD...and the person she wants me to play dubs with is a total ****** who throws baby tantrums and will make me look bad as well in front of all the schools in the city. so how should i ask her politely

wihamilton
01-31-2009, 02:06 PM
So how would i word that. Lol...the problem is that i wanna sound nice and not "hey ***** whyd u put me in dubs"...XD...and the person she wants me to play dubs with is a total ****** who throws baby tantrums and will make me look bad as well in front of all the schools in the city. so how should i ask her politely

Well I don't think the wording is nearly as important as how you conduct yourself generally. You should always be polite, be a good sport, etc. You're much more likely to get what you want if you are consistently on your best behavior. I think simply letting your coach know that you'd prefer to play singles is the best approach.