PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick

pchoi04
02-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Do you guys think Andy will switch to the aero drive plus or get a paint job?

Stuck
02-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I think Andy should focus on his game rather than his racket!.. Although a top player, what has he done lately except loose in semis....not the mark of a champ.

BreakPoint
02-25-2005, 11:08 PM
He did win the SAP Open for the second year in a row just two weeks ago.

raftermania
02-25-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm sure the babolat reps have been pushing him to switch. Soon enough he'll find another "holy grail" as it's popularly termed, but I don't think the aerodrive is the answer.

big ted
02-26-2005, 12:39 AM
as long as they still make the pure drive i dont think babolat will mind if he sticks with his old racquet

goober
02-26-2005, 04:36 AM
He did win the SAP Open for the second year in a row just two weeks ago.
And he almost certainly would have have won in Memphis if he didn't withdraw with an ankle injury in his semis match.

RoddickRulez
02-26-2005, 05:23 AM
definetley won at Memphis without a doubt no one stopping him

davey25
02-26-2005, 06:15 AM
I think Andy fans should be pleased with her results. In the last 2 years he has reached 7 slam quarters, 4 slam semis, 2 slam finals, and won a slam. Except for the French he regularly has top results. It isnt realistic to expect him to win every slam with talents like Federer, Safin, and others around.

bc-05
02-26-2005, 07:30 AM
to be honest andy's cool.. ppl say his volley is hopeless... i think his volley isnt hopeless.. his brain is hopeless... we all know u need a good approach shot to go forward but andy hits his stinking loopy backhand and go forward.. i mean with a weak backhand like that most pro players can pass him with eyes closed.. problem with andy is he overrates his backhand... ive been thinking maybe if he switches to a one hander his backhand would improve.. coz everytime i see him hit his backhand he always have this restricted swing which makes his backhand weak.. maybe if he could swing freely with 1 hander he could have a backhand as hard as pimpims or even as hard as his forehand pwoaaahhhh... i mean come on andy is strong enough to hit a one hander!!! hes a big man

nkhera1
02-26-2005, 07:37 AM
to be honest andy's cool.. ppl say his volley is hopeless... i think his volley isnt hopeless.. his brain is hopeless... we all know u need a good approach shot to go forward but andy hits his stinking loopy backhand and go forward.. i mean with a weak backhand like that most pro players can pass him with eyes closed.. problem with andy is he overrates his backhand... ive been thinking maybe if he switches to a one hander his backhand would improve.. coz everytime i see him hit his backhand he always have this restricted swing which makes his backhand weak.. maybe if he could swing freely with 1 hander he could have a backhand as hard as pimpims or even as hard as his forehand pwoaaahhhh... i mean come on andy is strong enough to hit a one hander!!! hes a big man

Your right, or worse is he slices it STRAIGHT to the other player. I mean even though its a slice the player will have enough time to get under it and drive the ball bast him. Plus many times when he is at the net he will hit his shot straight at the opponent (not talking about volley, i'm talking about approach shot)

devila
02-26-2005, 08:10 AM
He's more interested in doing off court stuff. I don't think he really want stress and attention that comes from success. He looks relieved when he plays in team competitions and 395393599 exhibitions.

When he's in individual competition, how many times did you see him give up and joke instead of fighting to win? He says that he cares, but his actions say the opposite. He doesn't really practice and compete with good players because he sees no hope for long-term success. Everyone he knows talked a lot, but they didn't push him to improve much.

Jonas
02-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Hold on just a second! Anyone who says that Roddick gives up and doesn't fight and compete hard either hasn't seen Andy play or is a complete moron. Trash his backhand, volleys, or his media attention, but there is no question about his heart on court. I've seen this guy leave it all on the court more often than anyone (hewitt included)

devila
02-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I guess you only watch his fighting spirit in matches against #4-#200 players.
Where did he go in the last year? Funny enough, when I expected him to believe in himself, he became a moron and double-faulted sets and matches away.

bc-05
02-26-2005, 08:53 AM
devila when u have a bh like that...and ur opponent hits it to ur bh all the time the least u can do is serving 150mph second serve or running around ur forehand and belt it at 175kph... as for fighting spirit.. i believe he's a good fighter.. he doesnt whinge about anything like a man named philippoussis.. well.. but his brain.. if someone can give him a brain and at least make that backhand like federer's trust me he'll own roger federer anytime

Jonas
02-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Devila, You are right. Roddick had one of the worst years ever in the recorded history of the tour. He ought to just hang 'em up now as his career is finished! He has nothing to build on, no weapons, and Roger Federer is going to win evewry match he plays from now untill the year 2011.
What did he end '04 ranked #2??? That Son of B I T C H, if he can't put forth anymore of an effort than that he needs to just kill himself.

devila
02-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Roddick stopped caring long ago. The coaches and commentators made him very angry and insecure, even though no one admits that.
Brad Gilbert was and always will be a con-artist, and he made things worst by bragging about Roddick/Agassi and insulting players on Espn.
He'll do anything to make himself look great. He lied in his new book, saying that Roddick denied he lost the Henman Paris '03 match. Both Gilbert and Pat McEnroe do anything to profit from the U.S. players.
Mats Wilander agreed that Roddick got no help with his backhand and clay preparation because Gilbert had no skill for that.

In Memphis, Roddick got lazy and sprained his ankle as he ran forward. He doesn't care that he needs to tape the ankles to prevent injuries.
It's all a joke to him now because he doesn't want to prepare as much as possible.

Andy is afraid of not having fun and not winning quick points.
He tells himself that he can't rally, even though he can play smart rallies.
He cannot stay fit because he takes things for granted and doesn't understand that he needs a stronger, thinner body. If he cancels tournaments again, it'll be impossible for him to gain valuable experience. He can't improve without focusing on tennis alone.

Jonas
02-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I can't believe Roddick had the nerve to sprain his ankle in Memphis. That's pathetic, If i would have been there and had paid money to see him play I would have went down there and pumbled him infront of everyone during his uncalled for apology speech. If he keeps injuring himself on purpose I am going to quit supporting the US Davis Cup Team.

Stuck
02-26-2005, 11:21 AM
I posted this a few days ago about Fed, but who cares if A-Rod wins every tournament of the year except slams. Great champs are judged on their slam performance and if he's getting to the semis or even finals, if he's not winning them he will never be considered a great player in my book. He just a bruit that crushes serves and forehands and anyone who can handle that ...(Fed, Hewit, Safin, Agassi) will always have his number. What is Fed and A-Rod's head to head again 11-1 in Fed's favor. Enough said

Andy Hewitt
02-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Wow, whats with all the hate for Roddick? YOU guys suck!

Jonas
02-26-2005, 11:47 AM
If you will read my posts at the end of page 2 you will hopefully see that I am being sarcastic. I think Roddick gets an un-fair bad rap, but it's only around here so who cares?

devila
02-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Roddick told the press that he didn't care whether he won Australian semifinal or not. And, he also said "I only hit the crap out of the ball."
That didn't bother you? There's nothing funny about his living in ignorant bliss.
I like him, but I don't like his attitude toward tennis.

heolun
02-26-2005, 11:51 AM
i agree with Andy_Hewitt, u guys suck. especially there is one guy who hate him so much that call him S O A Bch . why did u have to say that. every pro players in the world want to be the best, same as roddick. He was #1 remember? he just needs to improve himself a little bit. He has bigger serve and forhand than anyone in the tour, if he can use it as a weapon consistently , he'll be the best.
The thing i dislike most about him is why he had to change his coach Brad Gilbert? he's the best coach in the world. i think that's why he lost to Leyton Hewitt in the Australian Semi. I think his new coach is worse than the old guy.

Jonas
02-26-2005, 12:20 PM
You must be kidding, I said "What, he only finished #2 in the world? That S.O.B.!
That is dripping with sarcasm. For those who do not understand the term, "sarcasm" here is another example.
Roger Federer only won 3 slams in 2004. This proves that he really does infact suck, becuase if he was trully supremely talented he would have won all four of them.
Are we all clear on this now?
I am a BIG supporter of Roddick.

Andy Hewitt
02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
You must be kidding, I said "What, he only finished #2 in the world? That S.O.B.!
That is dripping with sarcasm. For those who do not understand the term, "sarcasm" here is another example.
Roger Federer only won 3 slams in 2004. This proves that he really does infact suck, becuase if he was trully supremely talented he would have won all four of them.
Are we all clear on this now?
I am a BIG supporter of Roddick.
Lol i thought both those posts were for real. I didnt really read carefully ;). I was about to post about what would make u think he would injure himself.

nn
02-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Jonas is gone mad..anybody who is NO 2 in world has done something to reach that level. Otherwise all club players will be TOP 10...

I have seen some good post on forum and some ugly replies..

Before pointing figure towards others see what you have achievedů

Jonas
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Andy Hewitt or anyone,
Please help these pitiful people in this thread.

I discuss how roddick injures himself on purpose and then how he sucks because he is n0. 2 in the world and then how he had the worst year ever in recorded history of the ATP.
NN- you must be a few mc-nuggets shy of a Happy Meal if you can even figure that one out :)

Jonas
02-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Sarcasm- A Cutting And Often Ironic Remark.

gugafanatic
02-26-2005, 01:11 PM
jonas i understand you.

Chadwixx
02-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Andy Hewitt or anyone,
Please help these pitiful people in this thread.

I discuss how roddick injures himself on purpose and then how he sucks because he is n0. 2 in the world and then how he had the worst year ever in recorded history of the ATP.
NN- you must be a few mc-nuggets shy of a Happy Meal if you can even figure that one out :)

hewitt is #2 in the world, not roddick

Datacipher
02-26-2005, 01:34 PM
This thread is awesome.

pchoi04
02-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Who cares if he has the speed record for serves... I dont see him hitting 52 aces against Agassi.

don knot
02-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Chadwixx,
I believe the point was that Roddick finished #2 in '04.
I could be wrong though??

Docalex007
02-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Roddick is a decent pro. He's not jaw dropping but he has his strengths. He's big headed at times with his high ranking. I say he's a top 20 player......but not #1-5. He also gives up too easy when he's down.....i don't like that. Don't count him out though.....if he really wants it....he will improve the other aspects of his game that lacks...Thus making him more of a challenge to the other pro's who have him figured out (Fed, Hewitt, etc). Why all the hate for Roddick? He doesn't rank himself....others do.....so don't hate on him just because the ATP has him ranked where he is.....you guys don't make any sense.

Kaptain Karl
02-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Jonas - FWIW, I could tell you were being sarcastic....

- KK

bc-05
02-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Who cares if he has the speed record for serves... I dont see him hitting 52 aces against Agassi.

well true he holds the record.. but do u know the fastest serve hit ever recorded (despite going in)? Andy hit a 151.2 mph serve which was going in.. however last yr in pimpim's match in davis cup (same radar gun andy hit 152mph) he hit 245 kph (154mph) serve like 3-4 times.. eventhough going out they nearly went in.. and its one of those scary serves u see and u thought it was gonna kill wayne arthurs.. my point is if everyone wants to be andy roddick i believe JJ could own him anytime he wants.. but yet again JJ prefers the aces record than the speed record.. ;)

devila
02-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Let tennis disappear in the U.S. Roddick shouldn't take DC matches seriously, kinda like last year. Who are the pitiful ones who believe he did try his best all year?
Mal Washington, Courier, Pat, Brad....?
I love to see McEnroe squirm.

Chadwixx
02-26-2005, 05:16 PM
well true he holds the record.. but do u know the fastest serve hit ever recorded (despite going in)? Andy hit a 151.2 mph serve which was going in.. however last yr in pimpim's match in davis cup (same radar gun andy hit 152mph) he hit 245 kph (154mph) serve like 3-4 times.. eventhough going out they nearly went in.. and its one of those scary serves u see and u thought it was gonna kill wayne arthurs.. my point is if everyone wants to be andy roddick i believe JJ could own him anytime he wants.. but yet again JJ prefers the aces record than the speed record.. ;)

davis cup and stella (grass tourney before wimbledon) use a different radar gun than other events.

Noelle
02-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Roddick told the press that he didn't care whether he won Australian semifinal or not.
Devila, you sound very familiar, like a certain person I encountered on the Andy Roddick forum. :( Your statement takes Roddick's words to the press out of context. What Roddick said was that he didn't even think about skipping the "Serving For Tsunami Relief" benefit whether or not he was staying in Australia for the full fortnight of that Grand Slam tournament.

(here's where you seem like you're copying directly out of the AR.com forum:
http://www.andyroddick.com/forum/index.php?topic=1487.msg63090#msg63090 regarding your statement about Brad Gilbert
http://www.andyroddick.com/forum/index.php?topic=4048.msg124077#msg124077 on Roddick doublefaulting matches away
http://www.andyroddick.com/forum/index.php?topic=4156.msg123612#msg123612 regarding not caring about the AO semifinal)

Come to think of it, you could be channeling this person I'm referring to, or you ARE that same person! Hmm...