PDA

View Full Version : I don't bring my right food around when i serve?

MonkeyMan123
02-01-2009, 08:35 PM
2 different coaches have told me now that my right food doesnt come or rotate around when i serve. It doesn't make sense to me. I probably should have asked them but too late now. I am a righty so i land on my left foot when i serve. I am pretty sure htat is right. So why does my right foot ahve to come around?

EDIT: WOW, i just realizei put food in the title instead of foot, i must be hungry...

ronalditop
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
"food" LOL

some6uy008
02-02-2009, 01:41 AM
2 different coaches have told me now that my right food doesnt come or rotate around when i serve. It doesn't make sense to me. I probably should have asked them but too late now. I am a righty so i land on my left foot when i serve. I am pretty sure htat is right. So why does my right foot ahve to come around?

EDIT: WOW, i just realizei put food in the title instead of foot, i must be hungry...

More than just your title...

Record yourself and see if a video makes more sense.

LeeD
02-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Fire your coaches !!:)
If your serve works, it don't matter what foot rotates or lands where, how, or first.
If your serve sucks, and you want to serve like McEnroe, then land on your non serving side.
Tanner lands on his serving side.
Most top players also.
You don't need to rotate your feet, as your serving is thru your hands, wrists, some arm, and shoulders mainly.
Just like jumping forehands, you can land exactly as you took off, and it works just fine.

Djokovicfan4life
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Are you talking about the back foot not sliding up to the front one, so to speak? That what it sounds like to me, but this business about "rotating" it is very misleading, to be honest.

Matt

Element54
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
perhaps film your feet, or an entire-view of your serve to help us understand what your coach/yourself is saying?

tennisdad65
02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
maybe his coach is really old fashioned and is referring to the old classical serve where the front foot is planted and the back foot swings through and into the court :)

If you notice 'modern' serve & volley players, they land on the lead foot, and then the back foot comes around as they move into the court