PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Agassi vs Federer

verdasco67
02-26-2005, 03:26 AM
What do you guys about this semi-final matchup? i hope agassi takes it in three sets. It will be great to see him win this tourny!

rhubarb
02-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Aren't you jumping the gun a bit? The Agassi-Davydenko qf is still underway, and Federer-Youzhny after that...

verdasco67
02-26-2005, 03:53 AM
oopsies i thought federer & agassi won already =X....my bad. Well now agassi is through and i most probably think federer will go through.

rhubarb
02-26-2005, 04:02 AM
Well I hope so too, but he has been struggling a bit this week. If it does come down to Federer/Agassi, then these kind of conditions might favour Andre...but Roger always seems to be able to pull a few stops out when it comes to playing other big names.

verdasco67
02-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Well I hope so too, but he has been struggling a bit this week. If it does come down to Federer/Agassi, then these kind of conditions might favour Andre...but Roger always seems to be able to pull a few stops out when it comes to playing other big names.

yeah, fed pulls out some amazing shots at such big points...unbelievable talent!

Marius_Hancu
02-26-2005, 05:41 AM
OK, now boys and girls, it's Fed vs. Agassi's on the helipad for the SF, no spectators, no umpires, linespeople or ballspersons.

And esp, NO MEDIA.

Thus at the end, the loser can pretend he truly, really, won, and invent the story of the match for us all.

Oh, no, it can't happen with such gentlemen, I forgot.

lelopez
02-26-2005, 05:43 AM
It is now official.......Andre vs Roger in the Dubai semis......

I agree that Roger has been struggling a little in this tournament, but he always gets better deeper in each tournament. He may have a slight mental edge over Agassi since he's beaten him the last few times in a row. However, I know Andre is hungry for a win over Roger, so all this points to a possible great match.

I hope it is.

Perfect
02-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Sorry to say it, but, Andre will get what he got from Federer at the Aussie Open. No matter if Andre plays better, Federer's going to win this. Double A can no longer keep up as much with these younger guys, especially Federer. Where are you Safin?

devila
02-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Pat McEnroe, the media s l u t, is pathetic to care about Agassi's participation in the stupid Davis Cup team.
Mc's so selfish, arrogant and self-promoting that he convinced himself that Agassi should make all of the US team superhappy and that the US deserves to be DC champs in 2005 and 2006. This is the same Mc who can't accept that he makes tennis fans throw up everytime they watch Espn.

davey25
02-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Pat McEnroe, the media s l u t, is pathetic to care about Agassi's participation in the stupid Davis Cup team.
Mc's so selfish, arrogant and self-promoting that he convinced himself that Agassi should make all of the US team superhappy and that the US deserves to be DC champs in 2005 and 2006. This is the same Mc who can't accept that he makes tennis fans throw up everytime they watch Espn.

Wait a minute here, what in the heck is wrong with wanting Agassi on the Davis Cup team and showing enthusiasm that he agreed to it. Would you rather rely on Mardy Fish, Taylor Dent, or Robby Ginepri as you second singles player to help bring you the cup, than Agassi even in his advanced state? Of course not, of course they are happy he agreed to be on the team since they have a much better chance, especially if he the tie is on clay where even Roddick becomes hopeless against a quality opponent.

Docalex007
02-26-2005, 08:05 AM
....ONE MORE HOUR....(hopefully)

devila
02-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Agassi wants to play DC 5-setters because that supposedly prepares him for slams.
Unfortunately, the rest of the DC team isn't getting any preparation for slams either.
They are crap and watching them celebrate wins over #140 ranked players is embarrassing. How is Roddick going to improve when he has only a few days to practice for important tournies? In DC, Fish and Dent certainly aren't going to help Roddick in the next 10 years. I hear a lot of whining in interviews, but I've seen no desire from Roddick, Fish and Dent when it comes to playing on clay, even if they have to lose while learning and gaining experience. PMc and Roddick showed up in Spain and pretended that they truly prepared to win DC. LMAO

McEnroe and his brother John made wrong predictions about the US players' results.
They're DC cheerleaders, but besides Agassi, we know that they don't really expect much success from anyone in the DC team.

Docalex007
02-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Wow.....Federer is really giving it to Agassi ..... Fed 6-3 4-0 so far in the second. GO FEDERER! Why can't they broadcast such a great matchup in the U.S? Instead we have college basketball and golf on right now.....damn.