PDA

View Full Version : Miami Tennis

Marc The Shark
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
So I am moving from Orlando to Miami for work and I know there's a lot of tennis to be played down there but I was wondering if any has a link to any tennis ladder in the Miami area or leagues...
Also since I don't know anyone down there I will be looking for people to hit with...
I'm a 24 year old guy, 4.0 mostly interested in single but down for some doubles.

J-Mac
02-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Marc, I expect there's a ton of leagues down there. I would check out a few.

I joined up to a free one and they have a league in Orlando and Miami

It's a ladder format so you can play everyday, if there's enough players.

I know many players just sign up to find hitting partners and don't play in the leagues.

The site is pretty cool. Hope it helps

http://www.tennistour.org
Tennis Tour

dkflipse
02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Miami. Let me know when you make it down here and we can hit. There is quit a bit of good tennis. USTA league is pretty strong. I played a few years on the 4.0 and now on 4.5. I know lot's of people on both leagues. And there are also 3-4 non USTA tournaments/ladders that are well run and a lot of fun.

Donn

dkflipse
02-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Here's one of 'em. Starts soon.

http://www.miamitennis.net/Index2.htm

Marc The Shark
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey Donn send me an email sometime if you want to hit... mbelanger@earthlink.net

drakulie
02-19-2009, 09:17 PM
there are a bunch of us from the TW boards that also meet up every few weeks.

would be glad to have you join us.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=129762

BobFL
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
So I am moving from Orlando to Miami for work and I know there's a lot of tennis to be played down there but I was wondering if any has a link to any tennis ladder in the Miami area or leagues...
Also since I don't know anyone down there I will be looking for people to hit with...
I'm a 24 year old guy, 4.0 mostly interested in single but down for some doubles.

Wow, you are living my dream :) I live in Orlando and I want to move to Miami. All I need is to find a job in Miami (and my wife of course) :D

FloridaAG
02-20-2009, 05:23 AM
What Drak said - there are also a number of flex leagues, ladders etc. And you will find players at the various tennis centers.

Are you moving to Miami proper, Dade, Broward?

Marc The Shark
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm in Westchester (near Tropical Park) and work in Coral Gables

drakulie
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
^^ah yes. My old stomping grounds. Very familiar those two areas are. :)

A couple of the guys from the TWSF live very near there (klatu verata necktie, jamaican youte, dr punk) to name a few.

Floridag and myself live in Ft. Lauderdale area.

TNE_Admin
03-15-2009, 07:19 AM

www.Tennis-Miami.com

But, I figure you already know that.