PDA

View Full Version : need one handed backhand help

samprasvsfederer123
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
everytime i hit it it like keeps going out too up and to the right its like a always hit it and it good t the far right out, i really need help with it

oneguy21
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Get underneath the ball. Keep your eye on the ball. Seperate your arms at contact. Keep the wrist firm and laid back at contact. Your weight should be shifting toward your front foot.

Keep practicing.

Korangster
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
one tip i found useful was to get a video of yourself and then watch that versus a pro 1hander that u want to emulate. hope that helps
korangster

Djokovicfan4life
02-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, that was hard to read. Seriously, write much?

As Oneguy said, your legs are the answer to your problems with golfing the ball. Bend the knees to really get the racquet head below the ball to generate a sufficient amount of topspin.

Matt

yellowoctopus
02-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, that was hard to read. Seriously, write much?

Matt

Dude: Chill, perhaps English is not his first language.

tata
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Footwork and positioning is a big thing for a one handed backhand.If you dont get close enough to the ball and strike it too far out,then even if you come under the ball your going to send it long.And when striking it you need to stand side on with your shoulders parrallel to the net.

Cnote
02-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I had the same problem several months ago. I worked on my footwork and spacing from the ball and it made a huge difference. tata is correct, footwork and positioning are the main components b/c just getting under the ball will still cause ballooning.

Djokovicfan4life
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Dude: Chill, perhaps English is not his first language.

Perhaps, or maybe it could simply be the byproduct of too much text messaging. Just saying.

If the former is true than I certainly apologize for that though.

LeeD
02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
If you're right handed and tend to hit backhands to the right....
TURN your shoulders farther, exposing your BACK to the opposite court. That straightens out the backhand one hander.
In other words, CLOSE YOUR STANCE to hit one handers.