PDA

View Full Version : who's going down !?

Nyl
02-26-2005, 12:13 PM
out of the 4 guys on the top. federer, hewitt, roddick, safin. who do u guys think is the first one who can't handle the competition n slip out among top ranked players (>no.4)? in terms of entry ranking

Perfect
02-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Andrew Stephen Roddick, even Hewitt has a much more interesting game than this guy

Andy Hewitt
02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Safin will blow it!! Hewitt will reclaim #1!!! After i take care of Federinho!

Kaptain Karl
02-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Answering by "process of elimination...."

Federer? No way. Too solid.

Hewitt? Nope. Even though I don't like him, Lleyton has more heart than any of the others.

Roddick? Maybe. Difficult to predict.

Safin? Probably. I still list him as a "head case."

So, if I have to pick between Roddick and Safin to fall out of the top 4 first, I'm picking Safin ... but barely.

- KK

Chadwixx
02-26-2005, 04:03 PM
well said karl, id have to lean on safin too, roddick with get alot of easy pts once the summer hard court series starts.

i would say roddick will be the first to fall out of the top 4, due to the clay court season. but by the end of the year after the bs us open, roddick will be back in the top4.

rhubarb
02-26-2005, 04:09 PM
There's a big gap between the top four and those below, so I don't think any of them is going to fall out in the next few months. If Roddick fails to do well in IW/Miami and Wimbledon (he's got almost nothing to lose in the clay court season btw), then perhaps he may fall by then, but who would replace him? I can't see anyone about to bridge the gap. I would say these four are likely to be the top four at the end of the year, just in a different order.

Kaptain Karl
02-26-2005, 04:59 PM
There's a big gap between the top four and those below...I think a guy named "Andre" would take issue with this claim.

- KK

rhubarb
02-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I think a guy named "Andre" would take issue with this claim.

Oh, I meant there's a big gap in terms of actual points (rather than ability):
Federer 6085
Hewitt 3990
Roddick 3855
Safin 3360
Coria 2410
Agassi 1995

So you can see it might take quite some effort to get into the top four. Coria certainly can't, he's got far too much to defend in the next 3 months.

Nyl
02-26-2005, 07:33 PM
that's wut i'm talking about.... i'm guessing coria will take over safin's spot during claycourt season.... i didnt watch safin's 1st round match in dubai but he shouldnt have lost the match....

what is safin thinking !?!?

Federer Admirer
02-27-2005, 12:05 AM
i would have to say either andy or lleyton with the claycourt season coming up these 2 guys are not good on clay where as safin and federer are way better. Federer and safin are far more talented players where as lleyton works harder (8-10 hours a day) and andy isnt looking good at the moment. Nadal will move dramatically and in my opinion moya is due for some good results.

zubzy
02-27-2005, 04:34 AM
I feel that Roddick will have a shorter career compared to other players - look at his game; full on destructive power from the baseline, a consistent offensive game (doesn't seem to take the defensive side well). At the rate he's going, the career tank is draining pretty fast.

Feņa14
02-27-2005, 05:44 AM
I think Joachim Johansson will be right up there around Wimbledon time. He is very similar to Roddick but doesn't take as much out of himself so is likely to have a longer career.

I feel like Joachim might climb into the top 4 or 5 and displace Roddick.

Federer, Hewitt and Safin will all still be up there.

Not too sure about Roddick though.