PDA

View Full Version : i have had 2 weeks of OFF DAYS HELP!

samprasvsfederer123
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
i play at a 4.0 my strokes are very well but for 1 or 2 weeks i have been off i keep messing my backhand my forehands seem slower and my smashes are pure bs can you give me an idea if whats going on?

LeeD
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Hit more.
If you were a TOURNAMENT 4.0, you'd have no problem stepping onto the court after 7 months and hitting decently.
Most years since 1979, I'd take 6-8 months OFF tennis every spring/summer/fall. First day back, I can crush anything, as I"m stoked to get back on the court and actually watch the ball.
Second or third day back, I can barely walk:confused::confused:

Djokovicfan4life
02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
i play at a 4.0 my strokes are very well but for 1 or 2 weeks i have been off i keep messing my backhand my forehands seem slower and my smashes are pure bs can you give me an idea if whats going on?

Your footwork is underdeveloped as a result of focusing purely on the strokes themselves without ever isolating the specific footwork patterns necessary to be in great position for every shot. Learn the split step (a real split, mind you, not just for the sake of doing it), a strong step out with the inside leg that is also your biggest towards the ball, and after you've got these concepts down you can work on the crossover step as well.

Hope this helps,

Matt

ak47m
02-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Are you really a 4.0?

You're that same guy who is obsessed with the LM Radical MP, and asked a lot of questions about it. You even asked how to do a proper backhand and forehand slice, lol. All of that within 2 or 3 weeks.

A real 4.0 should know all that already. Concentrate more on your technique, not your racquet.