View Full Version : Purple Overgrip?

02-26-2005, 04:13 PM
I have noticed several pros and college players with a purple overgrip? Does anyone have a clue as to what this overgrip is?

02-26-2005, 04:32 PM
if its a lighter shade of purple, it could be a yonex supergrap, that is quite popular for its feel, and maybe some players want a unique look, or one that matches/contrasts thier frame.

02-26-2005, 05:06 PM
it's also the gamma overgrip 2, they have the colors: black, white, blue, yellow, and purple

02-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm almost 100% sure it's the Blue Tournagrip...it looks purple but is periwinkle, it's a popular color because the blue(periwinkle) comes in XL for modern racquet handles, hope that clears that up for you.

02-26-2005, 07:06 PM
they use it at wash. u. in st. louis hummer's right gama II .

02-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Baselinebash is correct. It is the blue/perriwinkle tournagrip. I know because I have it on my racquet. They're pretty good, but need replacing often.

02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I know Sampras used to use a purple overgrip. The What-a-grip comes in that color.

02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
i dont think sampras evr played with a what-a-grip, those things are awful, he used tourna grips though, and i dont really see how thye look purple. i use them as well, adn when i see pics of pros with them, they just look blue, not too dar k or light, just in the middle of the spectrum blue.

SC in MA
02-27-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't know what you saw, but Prince DuraZorb comes in a variety of colors, including light and dark purple. It looks like TW only sells the black color. It's a nice absorbent overgrip.

02-27-2005, 02:17 PM
They really have a ****** color. You'd think that because it is the most popular grip they'd have more colors, and not just blue XL.