PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator match between friends

Failed
02-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Just out of interest: Playing your friend in an official match, what does it feel like? Are you extra nervous? Afraid that you'll ruin your friendship by stupid line calls and etc?

Hot Sauce
02-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Is it like an organized tournament? Can't say I've ever played my friend in one of those. It should be fine, heated competition can be fine, but at the end of the day it's not worth losing a friend for.

My cousin and I are entering a tournament soon, so maybe I'll get to find out.

Dreamer
02-07-2009, 11:14 AM
It makes me more nervous. These are people you see on a regular basis, losing to them would spill into your social life!! They may start thinking they'll beat you at everything i swear!

About line calls, I actually end up being overly lenient with these because lying to your friend is a mortal sin! But beating the crap out of them in tennis is A-OK. Make sure to rub it in, best of friends always do.

maverick66
02-07-2009, 02:00 PM
i played friends alot as we all traveled together. you gotta understand that you both want to win. and anything that happens on the court stays there. and we had it worse cause after the match sometimes you would be sharing a room with the guy. so that was no fun getting asked over and over again why they lost and what they need to do in the future.

Babb
02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
That's the worst kind of nervousness-- playing a friend. Because you have a reputation on the line.

halalula1234
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Its fun!!!!!!!!!

JMS
02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
That's the worst kind of nervousness-- playing a friend. Because you have a reputation on the line.

Exactly, I hate playing against friends when it really counts for something.

datennisboy87
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
lol the worst was i was playing my friend for the 3rd time and i was down 4 match points in the third (it was my third time playing him in a tourney and i had played him in practice a lot). Anyways i had never in a practice match or tourney lost to him but we always had great matches. I won and kept my reputation.... but if i had lost XD
Playing your friends is a really bad nervous feeling