PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on, this is my third type blister thing on the palm of my hand

Brett
02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't think it's a blister either, it's just that the skin pulls off in a little circle and I can't hit anymore cause it hurts like a mother to hold the handle. What is going on? This is my third one in a different spot on the palm of my hand in like the past two months. It's never done this before.

I have tried new skin but all that does is peel off pretty easily and it doesnt stop it from happening in the future. I have sports tape for my hand but I hate wearing it. This never happens to anyone else...

Djokovicfan4life
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Dare I say, pics?

Jim A
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
are you using a small grip and or having a lot of movement while its in your hand, when I demoed a bunch of 3/8 racquets I had some issues

Brett
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I use a 4 1/2 and just started using overgrips not to long ago. I am using a Technifibre T-Fight 320. I use the Wilson Pro Overgrips. I will try to get pictures up when I can.

SourStraws
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah..... It happened to me too.... A lot..... I just guess you'll get used to it or just get used to wearing the tape. Is your grip too small and uncomfortable? That could be a problem, but Im just guessing

S.S.

Bud
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Dare I say, pics?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, pics.

LeeD
02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
I have medium hands.
I'm 5'11" and 150 odd lbs.
Always 4 5/8 grip usually with overgrip atop.
Never twisting or blisters.

Slicendicer
02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't think it's a blister either, it's just that the skin pulls off in a little circle and I can't hit anymore cause it hurts like a mother to hold the handle. What is going on? This is my third one in a different spot on the palm of my hand in like the past two months. It's never done this before.

I have tried new skin but all that does is peel off pretty easily and it doesnt stop it from happening in the future. I have sports tape for my hand but I hate wearing it. This never happens to anyone else...

I know that sounds crazy, but try this... wait for initial soreness to go away, like 1 or 2 days. Then,...

cut a potatoe in half, then rub the inside of the potatoe over the blistered area like you are erasing one of Djokivicfan4life's posts. Do this for 2-3 minutes, for 3 days, a couple times a day.

LeeD
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Toughens the skin, but you can buy commercial hiking products too.
But cause is the problem, so maybe we gotta NOT allow the racket to slip when we play.