PDA

View Full Version : Camera Help

Lotto
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Could anybody PLEASE recommend to me a camera with similar or the exact same specs as the Casio EX-FS10 (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09...imcompacts.asp) which is due out in March.

The price as it says will be $350. Can anybody recommend a camera in or around the same price range and with the same specs if there is one?I can't wait till March, lol. Please? Cheers. Jono.

wihamilton
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
You need to be able to control the shutter speed. That's really important. Make sure the camera lets you do that.

Lotto
02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, at the moment I have a Sony DCR-HC22E Handycam.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sdh-minidv/dcr-hc22e/tab/technicalspecs#tab

There's the technical specs. I don't know if you can set shutter speed manually but you can change it to sports mode etc. don't know what difference it makes. Anybody familiar with this camera?

I wanna try and get some video tomorrow that I hope to post here. My forehand is pretty crappy at the moment. I tried reading the manual but it's too hi tech for me :oops:

Any assistance would be great.

Cheeers.

wihamilton
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Specs say you can change it. Make sure the shutter speed is at least 1/500. Keep in mind that the faster you set the shutter speed the brighter you need it to be. So a really fast shutter speed doesn't work indoors -- not enough light will get through.

Lotto
02-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Specs say you can change it. Make sure the shutter speed is at least 1/500. Keep in mind that the faster you set the shutter speed the brighter you need it to be. So a really fast shutter speed doesn't work indoors -- not enough light will get through.

I will when I find out how!!! lol. Stupid technology. And I'm young!!!

wihamilton
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I will when I find out how!!! lol. Stupid technology. And I'm young!!!

Youngin' huh? Then you should be more proficient w/technology! But you're right, it can get confusing.

Lotto
02-06-2009, 03:16 PM
This stupid cameras really ******* me off. lol. I don't know.